PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 15 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 339 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 491354 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: 2020-02-12 15:41:57 »

Trucking Simulator Games Discussion

Whether it's new or old.  Across the United States, Europe, or just across town.  This topic is for all the trucking simulator games out on the market.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-12 15:42:19 by Silverwing » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2020-02-13 13:12:14 »

Since it's not a specific truck simulator forum, the audience can be completely different. So I think it's time to ask a few question about this genre:
1\ Your opinion: is there a valid competitor to ETS/ATS series, and what features are required to draw attention to newcomer on the TS games market?
2\ What was a main reason to try the truck simulator game for you?
3\ What TS games you played and how much time?
4\ Are there some things, which you liked in older TS games and you miss them in current ones?
5\ What additional equipment do you use for driving?
6\ Do you use mods?
7\ What's your approach for realism options?
8\ Do you have a favorite types of cargo? If yes, they differ from game to game or are roughly the same?
9\ Are there some features for ETS/ATS, which have not been announced, but you want to see them in game?
10\ Are you practicing the common tactics or play your way?
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2020-02-13 16:35:15 »

1\ Your opinion: is there a valid competitor to ETS/ATS series, and what features are required to draw attention to newcomer on the TS games market? 

There is none and Truck Simulator and Alaska Truck Simulator don't look that good.

2\ What was a main reason to try the truck simulator game for you?

Because other people where and it seemed like it would be relaxing.  I was curious and tried it and never turned back.

3\ What TS games you played and how much time?

ATS and ETS2.  Both 100-400hrs each.

4\ Are there some things, which you liked in older TS games and you miss them in current ones?

No.

5\ What additional equipment do you use for driving?

Nothing.

6\ Do you use mods?

Vanilla baby!

7\ What's your approach for realism options?

As real as it can get.

8\ Do you have a favorite types of cargo? If yes, they differ from game to game or are roughly the same?

No I do not.

9\ Are there some features for ETS/ATS, which have not been announced, but you want to see them in game?

More trucks, mainly in ATS.  I love how they are adding more side roads to ATS and it is a better map in my opinion.  I do hope they can redo the UK and old parts of the ETS2 map. 

10\ Are you practicing the common tactics or play your way?

I didn't know there was a common way?  I play my way.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: 2020-02-13 21:00:00 »

And my answers:
1\ No. Even if someone will make a game containing a bunch of much beloved classic trucks and even bigger map, I doubt the approach to simulation of truck's systems will be equally good.
2\ Because when I was a kid, my parents bought me a HT+HT2 disc with a first PC  :P. And if more seriously, I usually preferred other game genres and felt myself more as techie-geek than as driver, so ability to turn the truck into a real eye candy amazed me after a single peek. The admiration for a diverse cargo market and giant map have come much later.
3\ Softlab's Hard Truck and Hard Truck 2, then SCS's HT:18WoS, then (much, much later) ETS/ATS. No more than two hundred hours in early games, and about 250 hours of ETS+ATS per year (I play them since autumn'16).
4\ I can only remember the lack of a CB radio, but ETSMP fixed this.
5\ Since I can't imagine driving in ETS without 900-degree wheel (it's one side of the coin) and really consider this game as a guilty pleasure (the opposite side), my choice was to buy heavy used G27 and upgrade it with a range-splitter knob — and that's all. No spending a lot of money for just a game.
6\ Tried a few trucks (mostly in ATS), but quickly returned to basic ones.
7\ Use the car speed limits, disable fatigue — yes. Auto-parking, no fines, simplified truck control — no, don't ever think!
8\ In HT2 I liked diamonds (expensive and non-fragile), in ETS before 1.32 — machines from HPCP, later — tank-containers (I just love how they look  ;D). In ATS — Dynamite The Almighty!
9\ Since SCS gave us a lot of freedom in realism options (I even can't remember another game with such a long list, maybe it can be only IL-2 Sturmovik), I would like another one: ability to disable regional trailer restrictions. And I really miss the .aac radio stream format — there are a plenty of my local radio stations, which I can't load to playlist.
10\ Not so different from what I saw in Youtubers' walkthrough of ETS. But in HT2 I usually did the opposite moves — the economic model was so bizarre, so not listening to common advices was more profitable.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-13 21:01:38 by timmelon » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: 2020-02-13 22:02:56 »

1. Your opinion: is there a valid competitor to ETS/ATS series, and what features are required to draw attention to newcomer on the TS games market?

There is not a valid truck simulator competitor.

2. What was a main reason to try the truck simulator game for you?

Because I wanted to travel to different ares and explore the world.

3. What TS games you played and how much time?

ATS - 400+hrs
ETS2 - 200+hrs
ETS - 50-100hrs?
18 Wheels of Steel - 20hrs

4. Are there some things, which you liked in older TS games and you miss them in current ones?

New games do everything better.  The only thing I miss is nostalgia and simplicity.

5. What additional equipment do you use for driving?

I used to have a wheel but it was to clunky and too much work to keep around so I just use a keyboard and mouse.

6. Do you use mods?

Some realistic sound mods and a mod for realistic police cars for each town/county/state.  That's it.

7. What's your approach for realism options?

I like to make it look as real as possible.  Whether high setting or low though, it doesn't matter.  I still get immersed when driving and listening to the radio.

8. Do you have a favorite types of cargo? If yes, they differ from game to game or are roughly the same?

I don't really care what the cargo is.

9. Are there some features for ETS/ATS, which have not been announced, but you want to see them in game?

I would like to be able to customize or at least walk around our truck HQ.  I am sure it is mainly just a novelty, but it would be fun for a little. I would rather be able to customize our building and maybe see a company name appear on it.

Possibly be able to walk around your cabin.  Imagine when you pull into a rest stop to sleep and you could get up from your truck seat and crawl into your bed in back.

I think it would be neat to buy things for inside your truck.  Maybe by a microwave or a fridge, a fan, various things like that.  It would be neat if you cold use them even just for fun and it having no real effect on anything.

10. Are you practicing the common tactics or play your way?

I just play how I play.  I follow the speed limit and always play the the external contracts mode.  I turn off fines though.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2020-02-13 22:12:14 »

Topics merged you hardened truckers!

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: 2020-02-14 00:40:50 »

Topics merged you hardened truckers!
Squeeee!
Thanks!
... a fan ...
Oh, my. I just remembered the unofficial cockpit for EECH with working fan.
It's a brilliant find, i think that some classic fan pack would be a nice idea for DLC: rotating coloured blades look much cuter than just air ducts.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-14 00:43:03 by timmelon » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: 2020-02-14 16:11:02 »

Thanks, Darrin. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2020-02-19 20:09:25 »

You bet I am excited about this!  I always felt these SCS games had very... lacking sounds.  Even when a train goes buy, it makes ZERO sound.  So to have something more immersive as this FMOD seems to do, I am all for it!

Also... opening windows in ATS and ETS2 is a start to a more moveable cabin.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: 2020-02-19 20:46:48 »

That's a huge difference I never thought I wanted!

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2020-02-19 21:53:30 »

*another excited Su-Z squeeing*
While standing near the drawbrige in Ventspils at this very moment, I can imagine how nice would be to hear passing ships.
Same with trains, especially diesel-powered.  ^-^

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: 2020-02-20 16:29:45 »

I am all for this!  I currently use those Coyote mods for airbrakes and stuff on the trucks.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2020-02-21 13:33:55 »

I hope it sounds even half that good.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2020-02-21 16:12:12 »

I'm excited about the new Iberian Peninsula map update coming soon!

I still haven't driven on Corsica but I want too. 

I must admit that the "Going East" update and the most recent "To The Black Sea" updates were a bit underwhelming to me.  No offense to the developers, they did great.  But rather tame landscapes and countryside is a bit boring to me.  Nothing drew me in to them.  But when you compare the amount of detail and work they did on these updates, they are super!  So much better than the old stuff they did such as in the UK and Germany.  I can't wait to see those redone.  I hope they also ad Ireland and more to Scotland.

But yes, I'm excited about Spain and Portugal.  You think Andorra will be included? ;) 
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2020-02-21 23:10:56 »

Well, since Liechtenstein, Monaco and San-Marino are not present (despite being located near major motorways), the only reason to include such remoted place as Andorra is to show that it don't have any airports or railway stations and trucking is almost sole way to deliver goods into this country.

And I can say that my expectations from Iberia are not only the scenery (I remember that Italian Western movies was filmed here since there are some Wild West-like looking areas), but some economic reasons as well. With a lot of routes will pass the treshhold of 4000 km, the hired drivers will likely make new records in profit (like it was with France or Baltic).

I must admit that the "Going East" update and the most recent "To The Black Sea" updates were a bit underwhelming to me.
The latter seemed to be same for me before I set up a rule — «never ever ever drive to unknown rural roads at night». At daytime, the endless villages at Galati-Iasi-Targu Mures area look nice and well detailed, but when you came there at night and can only see a road, the incredibly slow pace can make your first impression horrible. Same with Corsica.
So this is what I like in France — the perfect balance of rural roads for days and high-speed motorways for nights.
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 339 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024