PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 24 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 339 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 491385 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #75 on: 2020-03-26 13:14:35 »

In another push for more content, SCS has officially announced COLORADO before they've even released IDAHO.  It's going to be a big year for ATS.

Blog post
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #76 on: 2020-03-26 13:23:20 »

FINALLY!!! COLORADO! You will get to see the GREATNESS and WITNESS THE GLORY of the CENTENNIAL STATE! :D 

I think it will probably be right up there with some of the most beautiful views as seen in the Washington and Oregon DLCs.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #77 on: 2020-03-27 00:08:38 »

Oh very cool.  Idaho is beautiful and so is Colorado.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #78 on: 2020-03-27 15:57:47 »

A rather cryptic video message from SCS.  What can it possibly mean?

Read spoiler below to know.

Spoiler (hover to show)
MACK TRUCKS.  The original Mack bulldog was designed on a bar of soap.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #79 on: 2020-03-27 20:49:33 »

What the...
*tries not to cry*

Yeah, the story about carving something from the soap brick while being out of work very fits to present days.  ::)

Spoiler (hover to show)
So, the era, when there is more slots in one garage than actual truck brands, finally comes to its end.  ^-^

But I still think that this video looks much more sad than previous teasers, especially Italian DLC announcement  ;D.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-27 23:23:18 by timmelon » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: 2020-03-28 14:35:59 »

It's a very low budget teaser.  Social distancing and stuck in their apartments and homes, lol.  But hey, just knowing MACK (another truck) is coming is great.  Can't wait to have to decide which trucks to keep in my garages.  Can't fit them all anymore.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #81 on: 2020-03-28 23:14:56 »

MACK!  :)  This year is going to be a trucking bonanza.  Idaho, Colorado, Mack, Iberian Peninsula. :)  Plus all the updates. 

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: 2020-03-28 23:16:27 »

I just want to say congrats on the 1,000 views for this topic too!  That grew fast!

Wow, it did grow fast!  You are right. :D

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #83 on: 2020-03-29 02:04:08 »

Idaho, Colorado, Mack, Iberian Peninsula. :)
Can't wait when I-84 will finally reach I-15 (same with 70 and 25) and there will be no more routes like this^-^
As for ETS, even in 2016 it could already be treated as a completed game — with all truck brands (2012 version had dorky Majestic, Valiant etc.) and rectangle-shape map with TWO long diagonals.

Finally, finally ATS comes closer and closer to this now, with smoothing the map contours and adding Mack and (soon, I hope) another major brand — the most major, to be correct  ;D.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-29 11:42:03 by timmelon » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #84 on: 2020-03-29 14:45:50 »

I love your route drawing, Timmelon.  Lol!

I would say that ETS2 is a complete game.  I mean it has pretty much everything in it.  They are just adding to it and making it better overtime, which is much appreciated it.

But I would say.... and I will probably be hated for this... but ATS has been leading the charge.  Even though it has a smaller base of players, ATS has been at the forefront with all the modern new changes and gameplay updates.  The worlds and their design is better in ATS and you actually get a sense of distance more in ATS.  (I know Europe is tighter, but I would argue the cities are very unrealistic feeling in even the newer updates of the game).  ATS has managed to make the city streets feel more real for the most part to their real life counterparts.  The road system is very developed and I love the variety in many smaller roads.  ATS introduced random roadside events, the annoying detours, and other features as well.

One thing I wish both games had were more mountain roads, or roads that are off the grid to say.  With dangerous heights and the ability to go off the edge and lose your truck (have to buy it again in a repair shop at full price) and lose your load and get big penalties.  It would be weird actually, but who doesn't want a little more excitement from time to time?

Someday deep deep into the future, I would love an ETS that could capture the realism of Euro cities better.  It is especially apparent how bad the cities are in older parts of the map, which I avoid.  Also move lively streets with people walking around and decorations would be nice.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-29 14:47:24 by RainySunshine » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #85 on: 2020-03-29 15:54:31 »

Oh, yeah, due to smaller amount of content some players literally poured a barrel of hatred on poor ATS in 2016. They were so blindsided with great expectations that they don't ever notice a lot nicer detailed landscape (personally for me, a single ride on US 101 near LA gave a lot of impression about how well the cityscape and beaches can look, Rotterdam and Calais were much more primitive). Add the smaller scale and yellow filter (removed in 1.28), and you get the real commercial failure. ::| But then SCS themselves proved than less states, but in normal scale, and less trucks, but with better detailed chassis can win the audience back. And I can say that difficult licensing also make ATS's vehicles look better. So quality prevails, there is no old Iveco or MAN in ATS.

About mountain roads: I think it's harder to make them dangerous (without making the turns too steep) in eternal summer and small scale. True epicness of Cheyenne to Laramie descent can only be experienced in 1:1 and at snowstorm.  :nervoussmile:
« Last Edit: 2020-03-29 16:02:47 by timmelon » Logged
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #86 on: 2020-03-29 20:54:30 »

I would love weather implemented more.  For example in states like Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Northern California, there can be snow in the mountain passes IN THE SUMMER! :D It would add a whole new dimension.  Even in the Rockies in states like Colorado, the same can be said with snow in summer in some cases.

Another reason why totaling a truck off a cliff isn't being done or allowed is because... I'm sure the truck manufacturers wouldn't want that! 

California when ATS first was released was amazing.  But then they upped their game with the following state Arizona.  It made California look "old" very fast.  But I appreciate how SCS has been continually updating the old states in ATS to the point that now California doesn't seem old.  You have that old issue in ETS2 still unfortunately.  I love ETS2 and have spent more time on it since it came out first.  But now I spend most of my time on ATS enjoying the open road and getting happier each time they continue to extend eastward and add more roads!

ETS2 is a stellar game and the ETS SCS crew is doing better with each update.  But it's hard to create tightly compact Euro cities in this game's scale too.  American cities which are more spread out and road based, it's easier to mimic.  Plus big trucks don't go down the historic city centers of Europe.  It's sad to see the landmarks in ETS2 from a distance and never being up near them.  They have improved this somewhat.  But it is still jarring when driving into city centers and seeing those old sidewalk textures and janky looking hotels and whatever all looking the same in every single city.  The road systems in the old parts of ETS2 are so samey and lifeless.  Meanwhile every road in ATS is distinct it different.  It's how they've improved.

I am not sure why there are "Sides" when you got to the SCS Forums.  You have people from the ETS side who truly hate ATS for some reason.  I don't see that among ATS fans.  ATS fans seem to like both but prefer ATS.  There is a division.  The part in the ETS side feels that when ATS is updated, they need to go in the comments and bad mouth ATS and then ask when there update is coming or go doom and gloom about how ETS is forgotten.

That isn't the case though.  ETS2 is in deep development as is ATS.  I don't understand why there has to be a division among fans for virtually the same game from the same company.  It's just one takes place in beautiful Europe and one takes place in beautiful USA.  Are they jealous?  I don't understand.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #87 on: 2020-03-29 22:35:26 »

I don't like how there is division on the forums either.  SCS loves their games and their community and they are doing what they can to make the games great.  There is no reason for it. 

Seasons would be lovely. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #88 on: 2020-03-30 13:14:36 »

Really nice discussion here.  Both are super games.  Anyone want to share pics of their trucks?
« Last Edit: 2020-03-30 13:14:43 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #89 on: 2020-03-30 13:26:56 »

I don't really have any photos laying around, they are all in my game.  But none of my trucks look that different then how you buy them.  I had this one, it's the Kenworth sitting next to an AI overnight during a rain storm.

I mainly take pictures of the scenery.

Fresno, CA.

The Dalles, OR.

Astoria-Megler Bridge in Astoria, OR.

Vancouver, WA.

Bellevue, WA.

Portland, OR.

Yakima, WA.

Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport, OR.

Newport, OR.

John Jacob Astor Building in Astoria, OR.

Rural rail yard in Okanogan, WA.

Everett, WA.

US-97 in WA.

Another view from US-97 in WA.

Olympia, WA.

Seattle, WA.

Can we also give credit to SCS for how great their skyboxes look?
« Last Edit: 2020-03-30 13:36:58 by Captain Ridiculous » Logged

I'm here for the camaraderie.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 339 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024