PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 339 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 491355 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #90 on: 2020-03-30 14:16:30 »

I don't really have any photos laying around, they are all in my game.  But none of my trucks look that different then how you buy them.  I had this one, it's the Kenworth sitting next to an AI overnight during a rain storm.

I mainly take pictures of the scenery.

Fresno, CA.

The Dalles, OR.

Astoria-Megler Bridge in Astoria, OR.

Vancouver, WA.

Bellevue, WA.

Portland, OR.

Yakima, WA.

Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport, OR.

Newport, OR.

John Jacob Astor Building in Astoria, OR.

Rural rail yard in Okanogan, WA.

Everett, WA.

US-97 in WA.

Another view from US-97 in WA.

Olympia, WA.

Seattle, WA.

Can we also give credit to SCS for how great their skyboxes look?

Loving those pics man!  Really superb and some lovely scenery.  Love your cityscape shots.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-30 14:16:47 by MasterXtreme » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #91 on: 2020-03-30 21:41:58 »

Anyone want to share pics of their trucks?
Well, nothing too special, I just like to paint a vehicle in solid red or blue metallic color and keep its look without unnessessary details. And Krone Dryliner (taken by driver right now  :nervoussmile:) shines like a mirror even in non-metallic paint, which gives a noticeable framerate drop when I switch to external camera during a forest ride in Baltic or France at daytime.

Another favorite color — something bright like solid yellow or lime without any chrome-plated elements (not suitable for classics).

What I like in ATS trailers — the ability to make matching wheels on truck and trailer. The result looks like a boxcar, especially when it's RM or TP Double.

And I am very fond of Pinstripes paintjob for 389 — these lines on it's hood look so lovely, that only shining metallic grains on Lonestar's hood can be equally beautiful for me.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #92 on: 2020-03-30 22:36:31 »

I love those scenery shots, Captain R. Really nice photos honestly.  That last Seattle shot is beautiful and those detail shots of Astoria's historic downtown are pretty.   I also somehow never noticed that awesome domed capitol in Olympia! Also you have a shot of Bellevue... yet that isn't a city that is able to be driven too.  It's neat how you can see it in the distance. (Had to look at Google Maps)

Your red Benz is very nice but I love seeing that Peterbilt of yours with the red shiny double trailer, Timmelon.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-30 22:37:44 by FlemishCap » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #93 on: 2020-03-30 23:47:37 »

...but I love seeing that Peterbilt of yours with the red shiny double trailer, Timmelon.
He-he, it can sound silly, but I remember those long 9 monts of awaiting for the metallic trailer paintjob.
When 1.35 finally came out, my reaction was something between this and this.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #94 on: 2020-03-31 12:58:18 »

Nice photos CR and TM! :D 
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: 2020-03-31 15:46:21 »

Good photos guys. 

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #96 on: 2020-03-31 15:50:19 »

#TruckAtHome Event

Blog Post

Our slogan for this event is #TruckAtHome and our goal is simple, to get as many people involved, in any way they can, while remaining at home. Complete as many jobs as you can, there is no special cargo and no minimum distance. Choose the longest jobs possible or do many short jobs, it's up to you because we are going to track the delivery distance required for all jobs completed, then add them up. You can even use your own trailers in the External Market!

We are in the middle of beta testing upcoming updates to our games, and injecting new content into the games is just not possible unless we restart the betas. So, instead of going the usual Steam Inventory route, we have had to improvise. As an incentive to get more players involved, we are providing a free Steam Workshop #TruckAtHome paint job mod for the event. We'll be handing out free Steam keys to get even more people playing. And, we also pledge to undertake positive actions to help those who are combating COVID-19, more details in the rules. The more distance covered during the event, the more keys we will give away and the more pledges we will make. Every kilometer, every mile counts! We feel that it is crucial to send the message now, when it matters most.

FREE SCS #TruckAtHome Paintjobs

ETS 2 Download

ATS Download

RULES

Using External Contracts or External Market, with a World of Trucks-connected profile, in Euro Truck Simulator 2, American Truck Simulator or both, the community is to cover as much distance as possible while making deliveries. All completed jobs will have their planned route distance added to the event progress.

For each milestone of 20,000,000 km reached by the community, we will be offering Steam keys in a special social media giveaway campaign. Furthermore, we pledge to undertake a positive action to help those who are combating COVID-19 for each milestone reached, and will announce these on a case by case basis.

A player will reach their personal goal once they have delivered over a combined planned route distance of 2,500 km or more.

REWARDS

Personal goal: An individual contribution of completed deliveries reaching a combined planned route distance of 2,500 km (ca. 1,600 miles) or more earns that player a prestigious World of Trucks Achievement. Then, after 1.37 has been released, we will further complement this with a special Steam inventory item reward, yet to be announced.

Community goals: For each milestone of 20,000,000 km (ca. 12,500,000 miles) reached by the community, we will be offering Steam keys in a special social media giveaway campaign. Furthermore, we pledge to undertake a positive action to help those who are combating COVID-19 for each milestone reached and will announce these on a case by case basis.

The event will be concluded on Monday the 6th of April at 23:59 UTC.

We have crafted this event really quickly compared to previous events. It may not offer a glorious trailer to haul and we promised a reward only after 1.37, but it was undertaken because we feel it was the right thing to do, because it was the most we can do and because we feel the message needs to be sent out loud and clear, not next week, not tomorrow but now – stay home and stay safe. Thank you for understanding and enjoy the event!

Getting trucking everyone!
« Last Edit: 2020-03-31 15:51:08 by Grapefoot » Logged

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #97 on: 2020-04-01 13:21:35 »

That event was way too easy.  I accomplished it in four truck drives.  They weren't even that long.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #98 on: 2020-04-02 00:23:25 »

Hehe, check out a funny bug: reflexion on an air filter says that the bridge substructure can be seen through the road surface (at least, near Kennewick, where this screenshot was taken minutes ago).
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #99 on: 2020-04-02 13:18:46 »

^ I wouldn't have noticed that probably. Nice find.

I was in Kennewick (Tri-Cities) the other day in the game completing the #TruckAtHome event.  Kennewick to Artesia I think?  Lol.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-02 13:19:00 by MasterXtreme » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: 2020-04-03 15:16:25 »

SCS has said players are overwhelming them with the #TruckAtHome Event.  There was a record 55,000 plus players on!
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #101 on: 2020-04-03 17:14:22 »

I have two questions for everyone!  Please answer if you wish.

What are the most boring stretches (visually or just because you find it boring) of road in your mind in both ETS2 and ATS?

Second question...

What is the most difficult roads in your mind in both ATS and ETS2?  (So it can be a road or areas that cause you difficulty, possibly roads that were designed poorly or truck docking areas that aren't good)
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #102 on: 2020-04-03 22:16:08 »

What are the most boring stretches (visually or just because you find it boring) of road in your mind in both ETS2 and ATS?
Well, in first two years of ATS it was i-5 and i-40 in California. Speed limit of 55 MPH makes me sleepy, but there is a bright side — a welcoming sign of Arizona (where 75 mph is allowed) looks so nice, so beautiful... ^-^ I can say that game made me love Arizona's flag — it practically radiates with awesomeness.  ;D
So eventually I have chosen the car speed limits, so this stretch feels much more better now.
For ETS — there is an epic one in Italy, between Bari and Bologna. Almost 800 km without stopping at toll booths, and near Pescara there is a complete straight part.
But I can't say that «boring» stretches are bad thing — after some slow and/or difficult part (hello, Romania!) sometimes I want to rest (especially if it's the night ride). So these highways feel like a Mulsanne Straight on Le Mans circuit: the fastest part of track, where you rest after more difficult sector (and then, in 90's they put here a couple of chicanes, and racers got an additional 4-5 thousand of gear shifts for an entire race  ::|).
What is the most difficult roads in your mind in both ATS and ETS2?  (So it can be a road or areas that cause you difficulty, possibly roads that were designed poorly or truck docking areas that aren't good)
For ETS — there is a plenty of mountain roads in Romania and Alpine countries, but for me the most difficult road is still a very curved one northbound of Milano.
For ATS — a part of i-84 near Pendleton with its sharp turns feels surprisingly more difficult to stay in lane than other interstates. For secondary roads — there is a Deepgrove base near Bellingham, and it's very easy to stuck there with a lowboy, if not on a steep turns, then on a bumpy road.
And of course, it's hard to forget the legendary Trameri bases at vanilla EST map — their narrow passages are very challenging for double trailer users.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #103 on: 2020-04-03 23:50:15 »

For ETS2 I find any stretch of road that makes me stop at a toll annoying!  And then that bores me.  I finally just get up to speed in my cheapo underpowered truck only then to come to a complete stop or near stop to pay a toll!  ACK! 

It maybe isn't fair to say, but I find the old parts of the ETS2 map boring that are pretty much the same stretch of road over and over as well as many of the cities which have zero personality.

I am sorry... but I find driving around Poland pretty boring for some reason.  I love the Polish and their country, but for some reason it bores me to drive through.  When I get to Gdansk I am pleased to take a ferry somewhere. :) 

I don't even have a reason for this one other than it's just me being weird... but the loop highway around Milan, Italy bores me to no other.  I don't even know why?!

Driving from the highway to Ancona.  I like how Ancona looks, but I hate the tight and long drive to get to anything in that city.  So it bores me, but it's very detailed and pretty!

Newcastle.  I hate how spread out it is and how you have to drive ages to get from the north end of the city, hop on the carriageway, just to get south. Bores me every time.  The same can be said for Grimsby to the south.

ATS

I-5 just north of Sacramento to Redding.  That stretch just drags on forever and it bores me.

Much of Nevada's interior roads bore me.  They all seem the same.

ETS2

Eeeeyeeessss!  It might be fixed now, but in the past, there was a HORRIBLE turn in Milano!

Felixstowe!  Granted this isn't a road smart truck drivers with a full road would EVER take... but by the TREE-ET Wood depot there is a horrible horrible corner!  Also in that area is a weird piece of road that isn't properly aligned with the rest so your truck drops several feet with a thud.

I think it is the old Trameri buildings that have the horrid archway.  I have received loads that I swear are too wide or impossible to turn then into those buildings.  Horrible!

Throughout the old ETS2 map there are some very tight highway entry/exit roads with guardrails on both sides.  It also can make turning into them very hard since you have no leeway to mess up.  I also dislike all the 'U' exits in the old maps and turning across lanes of traffic on busy carriageways.

I applaud the road variety in Romania, but some of them are tricky with certain loads!

ATS

Hahaha!  Am I the only one that has issue with entering Oakland?  Once you come off the freeway you come to a light and you can turn either right or left.  If you got left I swear there is no way to take some of those corners without going in the opposite lane because of how tight it is as you come to the gas station.  It's a bit easier if you go right at the light, but you still have to go in the opposing lane.  Why would a busy seaport have such a horrible road to get to it with?

The right turn into the Port of Tacoma is nearly impossible and I swear it's too tight to make some of those corner and squeeze into the security checkpoints.  Am I the only one?

A section of I-84 which should be wide like any American interstate all of a sudden gets very tight at the summit of a hill and if you are not careful you can easily smash into the traffic or guardrail beside you. It's a very weird place.  It is near Pendleton just to the southeast.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #104 on: 2020-04-04 02:07:46 »

I finally just get up to speed in my cheapo underpowered truck only then to come to a complete stop or near stop to pay a toll!  ACK! 
While hauling something from Heavy Cargo Pack, speeding up after the weight control also can be a real pain, especially when doing it with a truck you bought at level 4 :nervoussmile:.
Throughout the old ETS2 map there are some very tight highway entry/exit roads with guardrails on both sides.  It also can make turning into them very hard since you have no leeway to mess up.
Hats off to all who turns there using a keyboard. It's really a challenge (and Scandinavia also has a plenty of similar exits).
Also I have to admit that roundabouts are not my thing. Wide ones with one lane I can tolerate, but English-like with two lanes — it's a neverending pain for me.
And I forgot to mention this gem at the east end of OR-78 with a north-oriented weight station:

While moving northbound, it's OK, but when you go to Nevada and have to pass weight control, there are two possible outcomes: to make a circle of several tight turns (not good with some HCP load) or to violate the law C:-) and pass in a wrong direction.

*Also about Trameri: I like that they propose to skip parking when you just passed said archway (most bases require to drive in much further). So when I come with a B-double, I gladly comply with this proposition.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-04 02:19:32 by timmelon » Logged
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 339 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024