PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 20 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 339 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 491486 times)
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: 2020-04-05 13:42:52 »

^ I've never had to deal with that OR-78 issue.  I've never been called in and I usually head northbound that way, and southbound along I-5. :D  But I can see it looks tough.

flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #106 on: 2020-04-05 20:13:28 »

I had no idea the sound changes were so in-depth!  Check out these new sound changes on the 1.37 progress for ATS.  Finally train crossing and train noises and ambient outside world noises, business noises, it's great!  Echos in tunnels!

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #107 on: 2020-04-05 20:57:48 »

I am so pleased to hear that bell on railroad crossing, even more than this upgraded horn (which sound finally have moments of rising and fading). And I bet that players will get used to improved noises and echoes so fast so they will instantly forget that previous versions of game had much more primitive sound scheme (something similar was with the headlights after 1.28). Changes for good always seem natural and older versions are being forgotten very quickly.

*I see that beta-testing already lasts more than five weeks. But of course, I prefer to wait than to crash into invisible wall, what happened with me during a first ride to Spokane. :nervoussmile:
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 22:59:00 by timmelon » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #108 on: 2020-04-06 16:28:59 »

I always wait for the official download.  I've only tested a beta once.  I usually wait to the final release.

I am a little surprised they haven't announced the beta for ETS 2 yet.  But my guess is that being away at home they are having a more difficult time and focusing more on one thing at a time maybe?  Also it could be that the 1.37 update for ETS 2 will have much more things in it that we don't know about.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: 2020-04-06 16:40:59 »

What are the most boring stretches (visually or just because you find it boring) of road in your mind in both ETS2 and ATS?

The inner roads of Nevada.  I love the remoteness, but sometimes it just feels like it takes forever to drive through.

Most of the "Going East" expansion of ETS 2 bores me.  It all looks the same sadly.  Lots of samey feel to it all.  Not to mention the old parts of the map.  I avoid those areas.

What is the most difficult roads in your mind in both ATS and ETS2?  (So it can be a road or areas that cause you difficulty, possibly roads that were designed poorly or truck docking areas that aren't good)

I think it is the older Walbert and Eddy's and Tidbit stores that have some extremely tight turns and hard areas to back in a truck and pull it out the gate.  Some of their distribution centers are difficult too.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #110 on: 2020-04-06 17:22:57 »

Not to mention the old parts of the map.  I avoid those areas.
I even found an analogy: the sunflower fields in ETS play the role, which belongs to crates in typical Half-Life-type shooter. If you need to fill the space, just put there a field and it's done ;D.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #111 on: 2020-04-06 21:21:31 »

^ Lol!  YES, THE HORRID SUNFLOWER FIELDS!  LOL!  When I see them I smile... but cringe inside.

There is ONE sunflower field I can find in California in ATS and I wonder if it was a silly nod to this. 
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #112 on: 2020-04-06 21:23:18 »

There is ONE sunflower field I can find in California in ATS and I wonder if it was a silly nod to this.

You must be referring to this one? ;) Yes, I took a picture of it.

I'm here for the camaraderie.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #113 on: 2020-04-06 21:52:30 »

Toll booths, roundabouts, stationary speed cameras, sunflower fields, ferries (all right, the last one is a good thing)...
Can you remind me, what else is common on the ETS territory, but is seen on the ATS map only a few times (if not once) ;D?

UPD:
ETS version 1.37 is also on its way! OBT has officially started.
And new tank trailer is confirmed!
« Last Edit: 2020-04-07 09:32:57 by timmelon » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #114 on: 2020-04-07 14:40:41 »

Are there even speed cameras in ATS?  I don't remember actually.  I know of a few roundabouts in Washington and Oregon.  There will be toll booths eventually as ATS expands east.  The American west doesn't believe in toll booths thankfully. :)  So it's free driving with no stops.  But as you get to the east coast... and Texas.... you will start seeing toll roads!  East coast has a lot.

Also exciting that 1.37 is finally on the way for ETS!!!
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #115 on: 2020-04-07 16:47:12 »

Metz, Reims, Strasbourg, and Dijon are also rebuilt in the game! :D

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #116 on: 2020-04-08 01:17:28 »

Are there even speed cameras in ATS? I don't remember actually. I know of a few roundabouts in Washington and Oregon. There will be toll booths eventually as ATS expands east.
Some speeding tickets were received without police cars (and for a half of price), so cameras somewhere exist indeed. Also I remember a new roundabout northwest of Phoenix (added in 1.32).
If the toll booths will have wide passages (not as in Turkey) and will not require full stop, I would not be mad at them. After all, today it's a common thing for trucks to have some transponders and don't rely on outdated payment methods.
(I remember how four years ago I had a field trip near Milano, and we didn't have a Telepass and forced to use paper tickets. So, at one of payment points this ticket flew away from driver's hand due to wind, and I had to open my door to pick it up ;D. It's very unreliable and unconvenient thing).
Metz, Reims, Strasbourg, and Dijon are also rebuilt in the game! :D
Well, changes in other three cities are not so deep, but Reims was remade from scratch! Look at this beauty:

(and yes, three more roundabouts :nervoussmile:)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #117 on: 2020-04-08 14:00:22 »

In the east coast amongst dense cities most turnpikes/toll roads have become digital with passes or you can throw in coins.  I'm not sure about the west coast.

AAHHH!!! Roundabouts!  I don't like them when I am pulling a super heavy load!!! It's no fun trying to carry super heavy equipment around a tight roundabout and with how horrid the AI can sometimes be, they like to drive right into you or leave you no room to make the turn!
« Last Edit: 2020-04-08 14:01:32 by Silverwing » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #118 on: 2020-04-08 17:31:15 »

AAHHH!!! Roundabouts!  I don't like them when I am pulling a super heavy load!!! It's no fun trying to carry super heavy equipment around a tight roundabout and with how horrid the AI can sometimes be, they like to drive right into you or leave you no room to make the turn!

Especially on those double lane roundabouts.  You can always count on one lane turning into you!
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #119 on: 2020-04-08 20:19:37 »

Sometimes said roundabouts and tight turns (to Oakland port, for example) have too much traffic, same can be said, if you have to turn to the docking area, which is located close to traffic lights. Well, there is an officially proposed solution: just switch on the hazard lights and traffic will stop earlier and will leave more space for maneuvers. But... It's very easy to miss the moment, when it's too late to use the hazard lights, so my solution is more simple: when I end myself stuck in a traffic jam, I just come out to main menu and return to my profile back, after what I have app. 10 seconds before new traffic will be generated ;D). Maybe savescumming is the dirty cheat, but sometimes it's an only solution.
Thank SCS, we have an ability to detach trailer before delivery is finished, so getting off the road to reach the service or refuelling point, or just for purchasing a garage (when the profile is new and you aren't allowed to buy it online yet) while delivering the heavy cargo is easy. In fact, there is always enough room for maneuvres with attached trailer (last week I found out than it's possible to turn the RM double around the small garage's territory, but not after a first try ;D), and only a lack of skill doesn't allow to do it fast. Watching some Youtubers, who never stuck on tight turns and can park the doubles without using the external camera, I can realize that my skill is not so high yet.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 339 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024