PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 339 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 491291 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #180 on: 2020-05-05 14:01:26 »

Oh no! Lol!  How can I choose what to play now?  I better got test out ETS2 update and listen to the world!
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #181 on: 2020-05-05 16:17:25 »

This sound upgrade was much needed and really brings ETS2 to life.  It's great.  It does not appear there were any new locations updated in Germany, at least none I could see.  But some French cities have been updated which is a huge bonus.  Hopefully they touch up the Benelux region too.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-05 16:19:57 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #182 on: 2020-05-06 15:50:14 »

Did anyone notice different train crossing sounds in different countries in ETS2?
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #183 on: 2020-05-08 10:37:02 »

^Hmmm... No time to play this week (and next one too). But this is definitely the first thing I'll try.
By the way, I see than changes of sound engine in 1.37 affected the music as well — the pauses between radio stations and loud beeping sound at start of some mp3 tracks (oh, I made an confession that I'm continuing to play ATS with music ;D) have finally gone. If be honest, the last feature interested me even more than minor changes like echoes in tunnels — this beep sometimes was so sharp so I was afraid for my headphones.

UPD:
Today SCS gave us another bunch of screenshots from upcoming Idaho DLC.
I really like the mountains on the background, it's just 10/10, no less:

« Last Edit: 2020-05-08 11:04:00 by timmelon » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #184 on: 2020-05-08 16:09:05 »

That mountain technology was first made for Washington state and they've been using it ever since.  It's been very nice.  Looks like they aren't afraid to add snow in their mountains now too.  They can go back and add more snow in Washington and definitely snow in Oregon and California.

I have been to only two countries with rail so far in ETS2 but neither had a train crossing noise.  All I heard was the train. 
« Last Edit: 2020-05-08 16:09:43 by MasterXtreme » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #185 on: 2020-05-15 13:49:35 »

Well, I saw a bunch of rail crossings in Romania, but I haven't met any trains (when I hurry to pick up valuable cargo with expiring time, trains are coming on every crossing, of course ;D). And the river ferry cutscene

sounds exactly the same as in 1.36.
One weird thing I noticed in 1.37 (it was in ATS and now came to ETS), it's when you see the «rotating arrows» sign every time when you open the map — the latter is not heavier or more detailed than map from 1.36, so why it loads slower?
Speaking of '14 Actros, I didn't very like its new engine sound (on the other hand, '09 Actros sound was improved), but I love the sound of a handbrake release — it really feels like you are freeing something very big and heavy ;D, the wimpy hissing from Mack or Peterbilt is no match for this awesome sound.
Also I see they finally added new loading screens, and the garage in game menu looks different. Since I don't like the one-purpose trailers, I am not going to buy the milk tank, but I hope that I will see the buyable car transporter, maybe not that type (it requires the special truck), but at least with the ability to paint it in my truck's color.
Apparently, the SCS is close to this, judging from today's blog post, dedicated to car industry:

I think this will add more fresh air to car transporting in this game — after all, if 3 of 7 car loads have the same cars (the only difference is color), there is a need to improve this ;D. Even industrial vehicles have a much more variety in ETS — by the way, notice how SCS are reuploading videos about Heavy Cargo Pack or some other DLC's videos on their channel. Looks like the trademark's holders have so much power so game developers are forced to reupload videos when some inapropriate things appears in them. Or maybe there is some avid perfectionist in SCS's staff, who just can't tolerate how the locomotive from HCP have a different paintscheme in game and in an official trailer ;D.

UPD: Ha-ha, I finally caught the train in Târgu Mureș! The crossing bell sounds like tired «ding...diiiing, ding...diiiing»*, but the train itself is really loud, much louder than in 1.36.
I can say that Romanian rail crossings are my favorite, i just love how they look:

The lights inside crossing bars, the dangling red lamp on a boom barrier — looks really cute.

*Czechian and Polish bells sound similar, but the former is slightly faster.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-16 07:07:59 by timmelon » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #186 on: 2020-05-16 00:08:35 »

There is a ding/ding sound at some rail crossing I've been to in ETS2, but I haven't seen a train at most, so I can't hear them!  But i don't hear the bells unless I open the window!  The locomotives have a nice rumble.  Yet in ATS I don't hear the locomotives and hear the bells more!

Excited about the new car loads.  They have been lacking transporting old cars for years now.  Who buys old cars as new?  Lol!
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #187 on: 2020-05-16 00:12:39 »

Will we be transporting knockoff Seat cars?

I find it funny that it is the Iberia update that makes SCS decide to do more car deliveries after they had built the UK, France, Germany, and Italy.  All bigger producers of cars. ;-) 
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #188 on: 2020-05-16 00:51:24 »

Well, the Spain-produced trains, boats and A400Ms don't need trucks after final assembly line, so cars (not only SEATMercedes and Ford are present there as well) are the only remaining transport we can take as a cargo ;D.
Who buys old cars as new?  Lol!
Vintage car lovers, of course!

You need to be really crazy to buy the 36-year old car (restored of course, but still old!) for a price of new ;D, but I can understand some of these people — maybe, some of them have grown up sitting on a back seat of the W123 (like me) or W126 model and they want to get the child's memory back.
At least nobody questions the using of vintage trucks, like this really old Peterbilt with 351-style hood as long as they look good and the owner keeps them in a good condition.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-16 00:53:58 by timmelon » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #189 on: 2020-05-16 14:51:24 »

I must say I am excited to drive through Spain and see some of the hotter climates in the south as well as the coastal regions.

I find it weird they have not said anything or shown anything about Portugal.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #190 on: 2020-05-16 18:33:43 »

I love good classic cars.  Especially cars that were "normal" everyday cars that people have kept up to be pristine in the modern day. 

Oh yeah, this is about trucks, lol!  :D  Uhhh, I like trucks too.

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #191 on: 2020-05-19 12:54:19 »

There is a rumor that SCS is planning to rebuild some location on the ETS map: a new event is announced!
Comments say that it's most likely dedicated to rebuilding the collapsed Italian bridge (you may heard about this lucky Volvo) — they did something similar before reopening of California SR 1, which was closed between 1.28 and 1.32. So, I very like how the developers are trying to keep the map locations in accordance to real life events.

P.S. Looks like all ETS countries have the same train crossing bell :(, even in France and Russia they sound the same as in Romania and Poland.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #192 on: 2020-05-19 14:12:25 »

This s my theory... THEY ARE REBUILDING all the old stuff and need tons of new concrete, lol!  Okay... maybe that isn't it.  Can I also say how outdated that photo they posted look?  The terrain, trees, and everything looks so old and flat in that ETS2 pic.  :-\

Nonetheless I cannot wait. 
« Last Edit: 2020-05-19 14:13:07 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #193 on: 2020-05-20 17:39:08 »

The old Genoa bridge is quite dated, but cool looking.  See and read about it here.  Wikipedia page.

That is probably what it is... unless SCS decides to make it a road to the moon.   ::) :P :)) <<<V>>>
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #194 on: 2020-05-21 00:34:11 »

I'm ready to drive through Italy.  It has been awhile, and I still haven't visited Rome!  Lol!  I've been virtually everywhere else in Italy.

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 339 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024