PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 339 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 491297 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #210 on: 2020-05-30 14:28:29 »

That looks difficult. Should we add that to our list of toughest parking locations?  I have never done it myself either.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #211 on: 2020-05-30 21:54:21 »

^No, this place is no match for Trameri ;D or Vernal's HMS because there is a lot of free space in the front of this ramp, so this base is very forgiving and, like I said, good for training — you can safely hone your skills in backing the trailer before entering the aforementioned depots, where small mistakes can make you to stuck.
The real difficulty comes from darkness — there is not the darkest part of the night at my screenshots, but even using an external view still doesn't help to know the position of your trailer. At these moments I miss the short and bright Northern nights — when in the middle of the night in Sweden (Kalmar, 56.6° N) you can see almost everything, in Italy or Romania (border with Bulgaria, 44.4° N — guess what truck is this :nervoussmile:) the marker lights on your trailer are the only visible in mirrors part of your vehicle. States like New Mexico (between 31 and 37 degrees) appears to be equally or even more dark, and it's a reason why I sometimes really hate night driving. But there is a bright side — more feeling of relief, when you finally drop the «oversized cargo» trailer at the delivery point ^-^.

UPD:
Another reason to give MACK a break: fourth ETS2 Tuning Pack is out! This time it's for Volvo.

It was totally unexpected for me since the Renault T was released with several empty slots at some elements and I thought that Renault tuning DLC will come out soon. But it doesn't matter: finally we can paint the front grille and another face panels, painted fenders and bullbars are also present. Power-hungry gamers, of course, can be disappointed that they lost an opportunity to buy 540-HP truck on Level 2 (13-liter engines became avialable for FH 2009, so now basic model have 420 HP), but the only thing I didn't like is a horrible set of rear bumpers, most of them look much childish than in DAF, Scania and Mercedes DLCs and resemble plastic toys:
« Last Edit: 2020-06-02 12:37:22 by timmelon » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #212 on: 2020-06-02 18:13:11 »

^ That was totally unexpected.  There was NO lead up to that update. 
(That rear bumper looks like a plastic toy, lol)

Nonetheless, it is in my cart and I will finish purchasing it. 

This should mean the EVEN will start on Thursday! 
« Last Edit: 2020-06-02 18:14:52 by RainySunshine » Logged
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #213 on: 2020-06-02 20:56:00 »

Oh sweet. New modding for my Volvos!

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #214 on: 2020-06-03 13:08:42 »

Honestly, I am not a big fan of Dutchmen's heavy modding, my usual love
of tuning packs comes from ability to rid off unpainted plastic details:

Sometimes they look good, but not with dark metallic colors. And more chrome would not harm, of course ;D.
Also, the cabs with aerodynamic fairings now have extra options: on both Globetrotter XL's aerokit is removable (and 2012 version have its version with LEDs), and Globetrotter for FH Classic now allows to install it, so now you don't need to purchase the expensive XL cab, which looks almost the same (higher for a several inches, and that's all), but costs almost 30000 Euros more. The Globetrotter for newer FH still don't have aero elements, it's a bummer ;D.
And another bummer is that DAF, despite having it's own tuning pack, still doesn't have painted fenders. It became the SCS's signature style: to make a big tuning pack and forget to add some details to it, which are present in another tuning DLC's. I hope that some day these DLC's will be updated and the missing options like painted side mirrors, fenders or aerodynamic fairings will be present on every cab.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #215 on: 2020-06-03 13:43:21 »

I hope that some day these DLC's will be updated and the missing options like painted side mirrors, fenders or aerodynamic fairings will be present on every cab.
YES.  So much, YES.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #216 on: 2020-06-04 14:57:57 »

YESS!  I was right!

Well get in your trucks, boys.  It's time to ride!

Italy Needs Our Help!
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #217 on: 2020-06-05 13:17:06 »

6 deliveries done to one end... now for the other.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #218 on: 2020-06-06 22:27:46 »

Done. :D
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #219 on: 2020-06-09 11:44:40 »

SCS Blog says that more of the half of required deliveries have been already made.
Meanwile, they started using the number 1.38, but only for announcing the new routes for Special Transport DLC.

I can say this DLC is really special: it constantly expands (althought it's just new prepared routes, and nothing more), and every time I hear about this, I wish to see other DLC's doing it ;D.
Sometimes it happens, like new roads or even islands for France and Italy or Mighty Griffin accesories for newer Scania, but also there is a almost unchanged Scandinavia — who else wish to have a couple new roads there, especially in Norway?
Speaking about new cargoes for Heavy Cargo Pack or Special Transport, I think that it's not likely to happen, but last two years these two DLC's have a good competitor — the HCT trailers ;D.  A lot of wheels, three pairs of marker lights, refrigerator set that can exceed 300k Euros... I just can't buy a garage in Finland without one of two these epic toys. Of couse, you can't go out of Finland with them, but I like the new experience in dealing with sharp turns and fuel stations. And it's funny that the longest buyable trailer was introduced in the same patch with the shortest ;D.

Have you bought it at least one time? Me — no, but I think it's very good for newbies. Or for some really curved mountain roads ;D.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #220 on: 2020-06-09 16:31:52 »

Who'd have thought a DLC we bought long ago is still being updated with new content!  That is so awesome... and also why I love SCS!  They treat their community so well. 

I really wish they would go further north in the Scandinavian countries.  "The Further North DLC!"  Lol! 

I personally have not used that smallest trailer.  I tend to buy the large and mid sized one's for my drivers because smaller loads usually don't pay as much.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #221 on: 2020-06-09 21:41:22 »

And done now too. 

I want that new paint scheme.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #222 on: 2020-06-11 13:36:58 »

Another post about Idaho DLC, but without any videos this time.
As the photo from one of the comments say, the Boise's street looks noticeably shorter, but most of the buildings are modelled pretty close to original:

flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #223 on: 2020-06-11 14:29:23 »

As typical with SCS, streets have to be shorter.  But wow, it looks really good so far.  I understand them making buildings simpler in design, but aesthetically you still get the general idea of what is there.

A great example of this is Everett, Washington in the Washington DLC.  Many real buildings in that city that most players wouldn't know, but they are weirdly OVERLY detailed and super accurately made, more so than other cities.  It's strange.  They did a similar thing in Bellingham, but to a lesser degree.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #224 on: 2020-06-11 22:18:40 »

Idaho in reality, is a pretty state.  But it isn't the most exciting outside of the northwest panhandle.  Beauty disappears as you are in the south and it becomes a scrubland.  But then the beauty picks up as you near the east and southeast. 

I am curious what ATS will do when states get truly devoid of excitement and are boring like Iowa, Oklahoma, most of Texas, Nebraska, etc.  Flat, empty states.  We are leaving the excitement of the west with very little in the middle...

On a positive note, I am looking forward to these empty states because it will add some emptiness and true TRUCKER EXPERIENCE out in the middle of nowhere.  It will also hopefully mean states can be made quicker when they are flat and they can share some quick assets with only a few towns and cities being unique.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 339 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024