PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Powerpuff Girls 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Powerpuff Girls  (Read 21875 times)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2016-05-10 20:38:43 »

Exactly what's on my mind!
They look like they're from Star vs the Forces of Evil or something. And like, it's so notable with the Professor, he has a round face, not a rectangle face. It's so... not right.

Nosebro
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2016-05-10 20:43:42 »

It reminds me of fan art. Speaking about fan art, do you happen to know that double rainboom short on YouTube? They have the powerpuff girls in that and they look better than the new show. (Just joking, but seriously the animation is bad)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2016-05-10 20:49:48 »

I dislike that fan animation, but yeah, at least the Powerpuff girl animation there is fast paced and not so slow and stilted.

Nosebro
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: 2016-05-10 21:40:27 »

I'm not a huge fan of it either, just wanted to make the joke
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: 2016-05-10 23:13:50 »

No one views the girls as heroes anymore. They are mostly slice of life episodes that no one can relate too. Sadly the series just isnt living up to the past.
Nosebro
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2016-05-11 02:54:55 »

At least its not as much of a bastardization as teen titans go is
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: 2016-05-11 11:54:36 »

Two reboots by on CN have been far from stellar.  One can argue thought the Teen Titans go is a "good" show.  It gets good ratings.  You can't compare it to the original TT because it is a totally different genre.  The previous TT was serious, this new one is a comedy, and if you view them as two separate entities, they are both fine on their own. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #37 on: 2016-05-11 12:11:01 »

Egh, I'd argue that.
Even taking TTG as its own show, completely disregarding TT. All of the characters are irredeemable, unlikeable ASSHOLES. All of them. Every single one. They're just, so mean spirited, so... Stupid, it's unbelievable that the show is as successful as it is. And okay, there have been shows that focus on asshole or mean spirited characters (Ed Edd Eddy comes to mind) but in those shows the jerks get their comeuppance by the end of the episode. They don't "win", they usually fail, and that's also usually where a lot of he humor comes from. Their epic failures due to them being jerks or having their heads so far up their ass they don't listen to warnings. In TTG we're supposed to see these characters as heroes despite them being despicable "human" beings.

Nosebro
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2016-05-11 12:23:55 »

On your point about Ed Ed and eddy, even though they were assholes a lot of the time they still had soft spots and different personalities and all. They weren't just one quirk and assholes have nature as their entire character
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #39 on: 2016-05-11 12:30:03 »

Yes, I should have also mentioned that. But yeah, the Ed's were more than just one character traited assholes. Something that all the TTG characters are. Just one trick shows. But anyway, this is a PPG topic, not general cartoon discussion haha.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-11 12:30:35 by LP » Logged

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2016-05-11 12:39:42 »

On your point about Ed Ed and eddy, even though they were assholes a lot of the time they still had soft spots and different personalities and all. They weren't just one quirk and assholes have nature as their entire character

That was one of my fav shows.  Wish I could buy the complete series....

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #41 on: 2016-05-11 12:41:22 »

Egh, I'd argue that.
Even taking TTG as its own show, completely disregarding TT. All of the characters are irredeemable, unlikeable ASSHOLES. All of them. Every single one. They're just, so mean spirited, so... Stupid, it's unbelievable that the show is as successful as it is. And okay, there have been shows that focus on asshole or mean spirited characters (Ed Edd Eddy comes to mind) but in those shows the jerks get their comeuppance by the end of the episode. They don't "win", they usually fail, and that's also usually where a lot of he humor comes from. Their epic failures due to them being jerks or having their heads so far up their ass they don't listen to warnings. In TTG we're supposed to see these characters as heroes despite them being despicable "human" beings.

And sorry to stay off topic, but you are right.  Ed, Edd, and Eddy fail always.  Their ways are not good ways to get things and it shows since they always lose.  Teen Titan's Go never loses.  They show promotes their bad behavior as humor.  So young ones start to think what they do it okay and hence, we get a generation of idiots. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Nosebro
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2016-05-11 12:55:16 »

I feel like I derailed the conversation by bringing up ttg now.... >~<
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2016-05-11 13:03:31 »

It's okay, Nosebro. I guess in a way it is natural flow of conversation.

But yes, I agree with you Darrin. These types of shows just rear idiots and assholes. I feel bad for the kids who's parents just let them watch this trite.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: 2016-05-12 00:10:29 »

With the new PPG if I was unbiased, I wouldn't hate it so far.  I wouldn't love it either.  It would be one of those shows I wouldn't strive to watch, but if it was on, I might watch it... might not.  It's just kind of there.  It is still early enough they can try to make this show great, or at least good. 
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Powerpuff Girls « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024