PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Killer Bean discussion thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Killer Bean discussion thread  (Read 1718 times)
!xOWOx!

gang

Email
« on: 2020-09-09 19:30:26 »

I noticed that there are other threads here dedicated to certain web series, like the Satina thread or the Hazbin Hotel thread, so I'm starting my own thread for Killer Bean. And I'm not just doing it for the meme either, I'm genuinely curious as to what everyone thinks because you can tell a lot of dedication has gone into this project.

Here's the movie if you haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyYHWkVWQ4o (And I'm gonna admit it, even though I never finished the movie, it sucked me in for a good while. I'd say about 40-45 minutes.)

And here's the first episode of the series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BltgkVqmQS8 (Some quick thoughts, spoiler free: Though I didn't really like the beginning part with those beans sitting around the table and talking, which frankly went on for too long, I do like the main story that's being set up. There's a lot of potential for some good action like we saw in the first episode, so I'm really excited for the next installment to come out. Also, even though I haven't watched Killer Bean in a while, I could tell that the animation was really stepped up for this. I find the backgrounds, lighting, textures, and some of the cinematography absolutely gorgeous.)

Please, tell me what you think. Killer Bean discussion... GO!
« Last Edit: 2020-09-09 19:31:21 by !xOWOx! » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2020-09-09 22:34:44 »

I did watch the Killer Bean movie awhile ago.  I really enjoyed it honestly.  It was nothing like amazing in terms of story, but the fact that one guy only made the whole thing impresses me beyond no end.  I appreciated he didn't feel he had to make it full of blood and gore either.  Just fun choreography, explosions, and all around action, lol!  It had good pacing too.

I wasn't aware episodes were being made, but I will watch it eventually too.  Also might have to rewatch the movie as it's been a long time since I've seen it.

Who'd of thought I'd watch a action movie about a coffee bean.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-09 22:35:07 by Wolfwood » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2020-09-10 22:38:57 »

I watched the movie and if you haven't watched it, DO NOT WATCH the episode until you watch the movie.  The movie has a great story arc you need to watch through.  It nicely completes the whole movie and sets up the episodes. 
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2020-09-28 19:08:01 »

So I watched the first episode.... it was mediocre.  It wasn't as good in terms of audio quality.  A lot of the voice work sounded poor and like it was from different microphones. The writing too was pretty poor and I had no idea they were trying to make it a corny comedy in some aspects now.  I understand why there is no action as it was building up to the upcoming adventure.  I wish the series well and will continue to follow it.  Though I am sure if might be a year or so until we get more content. Visuals did improve from the movie.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-28 19:08:15 by Wolfwood » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2020-10-01 16:51:05 »

I might have to give it a try... but it looks pretty ridiculous.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2020-10-03 22:16:18 »

A movie about a Coffee Bean?
!xOWOx!

gang

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2020-10-04 18:29:16 »

It's about a coffee bean that kicks ass.

Anyway, sorry for the lack of replies, and sorry you didn't like the first episode, Wolfwood. I have some more content for you guys, though idk if some of you have probably already seen these videos.

original killer bean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7kBoCRHjUI

killer bean 2.1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c1vWnF9bS4 (I actually think the beans look better here than in the movie. They just seem more expressive to me.)
« Last Edit: 2020-10-04 18:32:28 by !xOWOx! » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2020-10-05 16:10:19 »

Give the movie a watch.  It's long... it's a full length movie, but I think you will get a kick out of it, Soda. :D
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2023-02-09 23:27:26 »

So um... they are making a Killer Bean game?  For some reason?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1597080/Killer_Bean/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Killer Bean discussion thread « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024