PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Racing Game Topic Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Game Topic Discussion  (Read 20114 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: 2021-10-28 15:51:17 »

I am being careful with my purchases right now.  GT7 looks loves as does NASCAR 21.  I will keep waiting though. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #76 on: 2021-11-01 16:30:54 »

Fun little video made for Horizon 5, which releases in just a few days.  Nov 9. 

« Last Edit: 2021-11-01 16:31:38 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: 2021-11-02 18:25:45 »

Tons of Gran Turismo News.  New Tracks, Car Lists, etc.

Is it bad I am disappointed in just 400+ cars?  We've become so spoiled from GT and expect 1000.  I hate how games now days are all going with super and sports cars.  I want more regular cars. :-\
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #78 on: 2021-11-10 16:36:39 »

Many reviewers are called Forza Horizon 5 the best Forza game of all time. Some are calling it the best racer ever besides Gran Turismo.  It's hard to compare the two, since one is arcade and the other is simulation.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #79 on: 2021-12-15 23:39:49 »

A low budget film about Sim Racing is coming out in 2022.  It is called, "The Sim Racer."

« Last Edit: 2021-12-15 23:40:03 by Anyponedrawn » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #80 on: 2021-12-16 14:11:24 »

Looks cheap!  Looks corny!!! :D

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #81 on: 2021-12-16 16:22:01 »

Looks..... cheap.  Doesn't mean it's bad.

Here is an article on the movie.
https://www.gtplanet.net/the-sim-racer-racing-game-movie-20210503/
« Last Edit: 2021-12-16 16:22:53 by MasterXtreme » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #82 on: 2021-12-16 16:24:56 »

We also got a new video on Gran Turismo 7, which releases March 2022.

It is a “Behind the Scenes” video that has surprisingly dropped today, showing off some of the improvements made possible by the PlayStation 5.  Kazunori Yamauchi — again in the relaxed interview style of the previous clips — covers some of the game. 
« Last Edit: 2021-12-16 16:25:15 by MasterXtreme » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #83 on: 2021-12-21 23:44:11 »

Those of you into BeamNG, the game has really been updating lately.  They got a new American muscle car added into the mix with a mix of a lot of American cars.  They have a trim called the RedTail which is clearly a reference to the Demon or Hellcat on the Dodge Charger as well.  Check out the new car!

flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #84 on: 2021-12-22 00:18:55 »

That game started as a tool for testing stuff into a legit, fun game!
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #85 on: 2021-12-24 16:36:57 »

BeamNg has seriously kept getting better as a game.  It's totally different than it was even just a year ago. 

I'm here for the camaraderie.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #86 on: 2022-01-15 21:19:02 »

iRacing buys Monster Games, teases racing games for the ‘broader market’ like consoles

iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations says it has acquired Monster Games, Inc. (MGI). That Minnesota-based studio developed the first four games under the NASCAR Heat brand and its most recent title, SRX: The Game, for play on PC and the PlayStation and Xbox consoles.

A press release announcing the purchase is careful to note, “The iRacing development team will remain 100% focused on continuing to develop the core product, iRacing.” But Monster Games’ experience making console games is clearly a part of the plans going forward, as the release also says this deal will “further the company’s ability to bring the highest quality racing games to the broader market, including the console space.”

Pumped up by its subscriber growth, iRacing also recently acquired Orontes Games, which had already developed a proprietary game engine to power the high-res graphics and advanced physics for its Drag racing game that’s available via Steam Early Access.

Rich Garcia, CEO of Monster Games, has a history with iRacing CEO Dave Kaemmer from the early days of Kaemmer’s previous company, Papyrus, working on well-regarded PC racing games. The plan is for MGI to release an unannounced title in development later this year and then develop games using the resources of all three studios.

More information on what’s next is promised “in the coming year.” Still, a quote from Kaemmer gives a strong hint about what we should expect, “We are at a point as a company that we are comfortable building out these two new teams to explore the broader racing game market to ultimately funnel serious sim racers to our flagship product iRacing on the PC. Rich and the Monster team will be an important part of that strategy as we use our code and experience to bring their games to another level.”

An iRacing port for the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X seems unlikely, based on that statement, but bringing its ultra-realistic data to racing games built for play on consoles, as well as continued tech upgrades for the flagship title, appears to be a safe bet.

Article

Below is the official press release by iRacing and Monster Games.

Chelmsford, MA – January 4, 2022 – iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations (iRacing) announced today the acquisition of Monster Games, Inc (MGI). The Minnesota-based game development studio has a long history of racing game development, including the NASCAR Heat franchise and more recently Tony Stewart’s Sprint Car Racing game. The acquisition will bring another level of expertise under the iRacing roof, and further the company’s ability to bring the highest quality racing games to the broader market, including the console space.

This acquisition along with the previously announced Orontes Games purchase are standalone development studios and projects. The iRacing development team will remain 100% focused on continuing to develop the core product, iRacing. The iRacing platform is regarded as the most realistic and leading PC-based racing simulation on the market and features multiple forms of racing including – NASCAR, Dirt Oval, sports cars, open-wheel single-seaters, prototypes, off-road trucks and rallycross. In addition to its laser scanned tracks and officially licensed vehicles, iRacing provides a one-stop-shop for sim racers and race gamers – fostering a racing community with official races, multiple racing licenses and matchmaking, private leagues and more.

President and owner of MGI, Rich Garcia, will join the iRacing development team and be reunited with iRacing CEO & CTO Dave Kaemmer, who worked together at Kaemmer’s former company, Papyrus Racing Games, where Garcia was instrumental in the early years of Papyrus in building the foundation for what iRacing has become today.

Garcia and his team will continue development on their currently unannounced project, with the aim to release the title later in 2022. Follow up titles from MGI will be developed using technology and content from the shared resources of all three development studios – iRacing announced last month the acquisition of Orontes Games, see announcement here.

“We are really pleased to be able to share this news, it’s been in the works for some time now,” said iRacing president Tony Gardner. “Rich and his team are a proven studio with unique skills that will really add to our already fantastic team here at iRacing. We’ll be able to add a lot to MGI’s products as well in the long run, to include assets, graphics, technologies and physics. We see a tremendous amount of synergies that we can take advantage of between the studios,” Gardner continued. “That being said, our core strategy, values and culture will remain intact – to build the most realistic and best racing games possible.”

“Rich and I worked together for many years at Papyrus, with great success,” added Kaemmer. “We are at a point as a company that we are comfortable building out these two new teams to explore the broader racing game market to ultimately funnel serious sim racers to our flagship product iRacing on the PC. Rich and the Monster team will be an important part of that strategy as we use our code and experience to bring their games to another level. I am very excited to be working with Rich again, as well as the extremely talented team at Monster Games.”

“I’m really excited for the future of Monster Games and iRacing,” said Garcia. “To be working with my longtime friend and colleague Dave once again is awesome. Our studios will really complement each other’s and I fully expect to see positive impacts on both products. To now have tools and resources, and quite frankly time, to build these games and to do it with the leading racing simulation company in the marketplace is beyond exciting for me.  I can’t wait to get started!”

Just as with the recently announced acquisition of Orontes Games by iRacing, combining forces with Monster Games enhances iRacing capabilities and will allow iRacing to grow further in the racing and gaming spaces. The core product, iRacing, will benefit in both the short and long term and remains the focus.

We look forward to sharing more information on the direction of these studios and the products they will work on in the coming year.

Official Press Release

(iRacing by iRacing)

(SRX: The Game by Monster Games)

(NASCAR Heat 5 by Monster Games)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: 2022-01-18 13:30:33 »

Rumor has it Monster Games (now under iRacing parents company) will still focus on games, but maybe be the console division.  It is unknown how long their contract is with Tony Stewart to keep making fun games under his name.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #88 on: 2022-02-07 17:41:53 »

HUGE video by Sony about Gran Turismo 7.  It looks great!

Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #89 on: 2022-02-07 23:30:39 »

I would be so excited for GT7.  I own every single GT game since the original.  I don't have a PS5 and don't plan on buying any next gen console.  Now if it came out on computer.... Come on Sony, make even more of your games on PC/Mac. :D  One can dream.

I'm here for the camaraderie.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Racing Game Topic Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024