PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Appreciation post 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appreciation post  (Read 1025 times)
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« on: 2022-03-30 06:19:12 »

I wasnt sure where to post this, so I figured, why not make a topic where everyone can share things that they find to be something special and which they appreciate very much!

Sorry to popout randomly, but i can not contain my incredible extra energy and i just have to share this somehow. SO, I got message last week about some random package in customs, so i went to check it out and did the paper work so they would release it and deliver it.(Never accept any random packages if you're not expecting anything.) I havent ordered anything online for a while, but i was wondering maybe it was something i forgot. But it was even better! It wasnt actually a package, but a big letter, that contained signed pics of my favorite "celebrity"(voice actors/actresses are usually forgotten over actors and actresses) the man himself who is the voice of Optimus Prime! I got 2 A4 sized pics, both signed by him and i'm just freaking out so much, in a good way! XD
I did send him fanmail(snailmail, yes i still use that, i'm old...) about 2 years ago, i must confess i was freaking out a little, because the whole madness that was going on, so i decided to kinda have a peace of mind and do something atleast, so i wrote him a letter and also sent my first self made rock charm thingy(i love collecting rocks and i use diamond files to shave them into shapes) For me, the first one with all the mishaps and crude finish and mistakes, makes it the most special of them all, since everytime you do it again, you get better at it, most likely you will never be able to make the same as the first time again, so it was super special to me, so ofcourse i wanted to gift it to him since he is the voice of the character that means like the whole world to me.

Honestly and sorry to sound kinda sad, but without him, i dont think i would even be in this world anymore. I've been battling against depression since i was 10 years old(my dad died unexpectedly, i wont go on the details.) and i've had very dark thoughts, i've been selfharming and there was one point in my life when i was ready to just end it.
But I lived through it, thou the days after were basically nothing but pain, everyday. Until this one day, i got into the Transformers series, I started to see the little glimmer of light in the dark and i followed it, I started to get more positive energy in me and started to see the world in new light, this made me lift up from the gloom and as i kept getting more interested in the fandom, obviously i started to get interested in the voices behind the characters and the people who are bringing the voice to the characters, making them feel so much more than just drawn images. Little did I know I had heard him before, since he is also Eeyore from Winnie the pooh and he also voiced K.A.R.R. the evil twin of K.I.T.T. in the Knight Rider series, thou only one episode(another series i freaking love!) still it was one of my favorite episodes!

I did send him a letter when i was WAY younger, I was teenager back then and even then he did reply to me with signed pics and i was overjoyed! After that, i really dont think i've ever been so down that i would have wanted to even think of selfharm, so just this little show of being noticed by someone you really look up to can make such wonders. Sure it might not work for everyone, but for me, that is all i needed. Because now, i can just look all the pictures and feel like I cant let him down, I will keep on living, there will be tough times, but i will stay happy and try to help out others who might need a little hand to stay standing themselves.

There is just this something in his voice, that even in the toughest situations or the days that feel heaviest, wont feel nearly as bad anymore when I hear that familiar voice. It just stops the swirling thoughts and makes me focus on the good stuff in the future. Like you're falling into a black pit, but there will be these gentle, giant hands to catch you, wraps you in a warm, soft blanket, makes you feel safe and gives you a boost to get back up again to face the next challenge. And even if you might fall again, you can safely trust to be caught again.

Sorry for long post, i just had to get this out somewhere, but i didnt really want to post it like in facebook or something. In here, i dont feel the need to hide my "strangeness", since i feel much more safe here <3

Feel free to post in here something you appreciate!

PM me for want free art! Everybody is welcome to request~

If you want to learn more about "my" Nemesis Prime as RP character click
kiku

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2022-03-30 07:33:39 »

@Nemesis Prime , thank you for sharing your treasure with us, and your very personal thoughts and feelings!  <3
I think your new topic about things we appreciate is a wonderful idea.
What a lovely surprise that the voice actor you admire so much sent you those pics with such a kind message! I can imagine how much this must mean to you!  :) And I'm sure he truly valued the rock charm you made yourself and sent to him. It must have shown him that you put your heart into it.

I was very touched to read about how listening to this actor's voice, enjoying his art of bringing the character to life, helps you deal with your depression. It is true that things we enjoy - art, music, anything that touches our heart - can have a therapeutic effect. So it's great that you found something that makes you feel good.

So, speaking of what I appreciate: Right now, I deeply appreciate your trust in our community here in this forum. It makes me happy that you decided to share your special experience, and your very personal thoughts, with us instead of posting it on facebook or a similar social network.
I know what you mean about feeling safe here - I feel the same!  :)
So let's keep sharing all our little crazinesses, treasures, and anything that touches us.  ^-^

Avatar: Idea and drawing by Nemesis Prime
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2022-03-30 13:27:03 »

@kiku Thank you for taking time, to read and write here <3
I am over the moon right now and it will last looong time, just finished framing the pictures. Had to buy frames since i didnt have any at home, but now the pics are protected under glass >w< Now i just need some nails to i can get them up on the wall~

Aww, well i've not had the easiest life to deal with, but i have found my way to cope with it. I hope everyone who are dealing with hardships in their life can find their happy place where they can draw energy when they're feeling low.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts as well, it's so cozy here X3
I just honestly feel like even if i'm not the most active here, but it's always welcome when i happen to pop in to the forums. I have difficulties to trust other people, but in here I just felt like home right away, even if my interests arent exactly the most popular ones, but there is still some things that i can find familiar to connect with~

I hope there will be more sharing of fun times, something special and everything between!

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2022-03-31 17:08:38 »

That is incredible!  What a cool story and it made my day too!  I think this topic is cool and I hope when cool events happen, people will share them as well! 

What a journey you went through and what a cool outcome to all this!  Awesome and a lot of be appreciative about!
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2022-04-01 11:05:27 »

@MasterXtreme
Thank you for your time to read and write here as well! I really hope there will be some awesome events happening. For me the next point is in the fall, we're having a convention up again after being 2 years without one because of corona, but this year it should be back up again and the theme is transformation, so you can guess i'll be there with a transformers cosplay! X3

I wonder if i should add that it doesnt necessarily need to be something that happened lately, I would be glad to hear if there has been anypoint in the life time that has some special meaning to your life. Like that little special spark that sometimes comes up to your mind and makes you super happy.
I do have another small thing that is very dear memory, but this one takes the cake! XD

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2022-04-01 18:30:42 »

Awwww, this was such a cool story.  It was like the icing on the cake of my Friday.  Perfect way to start the weekend!  Thanks.
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2022-04-02 06:31:00 »

@Smiles2us
Thank you for your time <3
I wonder if the weekend will be full of wonders, hopefully yes X3

Kmlp

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2022-04-02 09:51:13 »

Yooooooo you got a surprise package from your favorite voice actor?  Holy cow that's like a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence; I'm happy for you even just reading this.  [excited] [excited] [excited]

I'm sorry for the hardships you have faced for a long time; however, I do enjoy reading (and I think it is pretty awesome and very relatable to me too  :nervoussmile: ) about your perseverance and the happiness that Transformers and your favorite voice actor has brought you.  From the details and vibe I got from reading your story, receiving a personal artifact — addressed specifically towards you from the one person you look up to a lot — sounds super rare and a sort of event you'd often experience in a dream.  But the fact that this actually happened (more than once too) makes this unbelievably amazing.

I can't find the proper or stronger adjectives to describe this, but this story is just amazing to read.  ;D

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2022-04-02 20:03:21 »

How cool!  To get a response from one of your fav character's voice actors is SUPER cool!  That is something worth celebrating!
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2022-04-03 00:32:41 »

I'm so sorry about the depression you have gone through... but wow.  What a powerful story!  There is so much to be appreciative about and HOW COOL!  You got this from the voice actor!  I'm appreciative all these events came together so I got to know you and have you be a part of my life here at PSF.  I got to witness your kindness, charity, and your lovely drawings!  They bring me joy as do you!  Thank you so much for sharing.
« Last Edit: 2022-04-03 00:32:54 by Rainberry » Logged

kiku

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2022-04-03 02:47:34 »

@Nemesis Prime , I almost forgot to add I truly appreciate the lovely avatar you created for me. Thank you again!  <3 ^-^

Avatar: Idea and drawing by Nemesis Prime
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2022-04-03 13:50:13 »

@MasterXtreme
Right!? It is amazing and will be such little treasures <3

@Rainberry
Thank you for your time <3
I cant say that i've been "cured" from depression, but it sure has changed from everyday problem to mainly the darker times of the year, like fall through winter. Spring and summer usually are much easier on my mental health since i can just go outside if i please to enjoy the warm sunlight, during winter it's just annoying to walk in the snow, your socks get wet and you either dress too much and get drenched in sweat once you get back home or you dont dress enough and you're freezing once you get back inside 8[ So unpleasant. Summer is so much more nice, all the bird sounds, the warmth the scent of grass and trees the warm wind and swimming, I love swimming... Wish i lived somewhere where summer is all year round.

It is so nice to be here, everyone is so friendly, kind and supportive, be it with art or anything else, this is such nice community and it makes me happy to be part of it <3

@kiku
Aww, It was my pleasure to draw it for you ^-^ I do have free time a bit so i'm more than happy to take requests if anyone wants some hand drawn art, it's all free, but it might take a little time to finish X3

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Appreciation post « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024