PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Do you live a double life? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you live a double life?  (Read 1119 times)
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« on: 2022-04-28 03:42:29 »

This is just random question that crossed my mind while I was crochetting some grandma's squares for a little blanket.  ;D

For how I know you in this community, most of you do not look like a regular humans, so i got curious, do any of you, imagine yourself as a character/persona while you're doing something or working in real life?

As for example, let's take my crochetting. In human hands it's nothing that special right, just yarn and hook right? Well in my mind it's yarn and hook in the hands of Nemesis Prime, so massive hands working with tiniest hook and yarn, but still making nice results and if you want to go further, imagine the look on others if they saw this 10ton warmachine, making the cutest crochet work all in calm and peace.  :))
I also imagine same when i'm outside, like i'm in this workshop 3 days a week, where i've made some chain jewelry and leather wristbands and bunch of other stuff. It's so much more funny when you imagine the hands that are basically the size of a table working on with tiny metal rings and making some super pretty chain. :))

So do you have these kinds of thoughts? Do you have sona that looks like a heavy weight fighter, but is actually super good at baking sweets and loves it?

Personally i tend to imagine Nemesis in strange situations and sometimes it even helps to get through some loooong days that otherwise might feel exhausting and boring XD

Are you also a character/sona in disguise, hmm?

PM me for want free art! Everybody is welcome to request~

If you want to learn more about "my" Nemesis Prime as RP character click
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2022-04-28 17:00:42 »

Interesting.... and I have thought of similar things before.  Like if I was to think of how people looked here on PSF, I usually imagined them based on what they've shared, or mostly based on their avatar. ;D  I know people aren't actually robots or ponies or whatever, but it's how I imagine them.

I have weird and random thoughts like this all the, and the one you described about the yarn made me think of how when I was a kid, there was this section of sidewalk I used to walk a lot.  It had different hedge bushes, and I would pretend I had to jump to each bush for protection.  I couldn't be in the open.  I pretended I was being shot at by some invisible enemy, or like there was a helicopter shooting missiles at me, or whatever, lol. 

I think many people have these fun thoughts, but never say anything about it.  It's about being imaginative.  Many as they get older lose that imagination spark.

I don't view myself in any sort of persona besides who I am... but I do act more confidently talking about sneeze content here obviously than I would in real life, person to person.  So in that aspect, you could say I am living a double life.  What I say and talk about here on PSF, is a different part of me that never is revealed in the outside world. The artwork I make for example is only between me and you all.  That's it. 

So it's a second life in a way, but not how you were framing your question. ;D  I do not think I am the Pirate King of Zimbadddieskin.... I know I am...   Okay, ignore this last part. ;D
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2022-04-28 20:34:23 »

Outside of PSF, I am different in the fact that I don't talk about sneezing.  But I don't view myself as my avatar/persona. ;D  I am who I am here and irl.  lol.

Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2022-04-29 02:20:40 »

Interesting.... and I have thought of similar things before.  Like if I was to think of how people looked here on PSF, I usually imagined them based on what they've shared, or mostly based on their avatar. ;D  I know people aren't actually robots or ponies or whatever, but it's how I imagine them.
@Anyponedrawn
Exactly! I know i'm not a robot from another planet either, but that shouldnt stop you from using the imagination and have these strange scenarios XD Can you imagine let's say like 2meters tall robot sitting in a bus surrounded by humans, but he did pay using a bus card so it's all fine XD

Quote from: Anyponedrawn
I have weird and random thoughts like this all the, and the one you described about the yarn made me think of how when I was a kid, there was this section of sidewalk I used to walk a lot.  It had different hedge bushes, and I would pretend I had to jump to each bush for protection.  I couldn't be in the open.  I pretended I was being shot at by some invisible enemy, or like there was a helicopter shooting missiles at me, or whatever, lol. 

I think many people have these fun thoughts, but never say anything about it.  It's about being imaginative.  Many as they get older lose that imagination spark.
That sounds so precious and such action pact imagination! I love it XD
It makes me feel so sad that in "adult world" it's basically forbidden to talk such or you'll be labeled immature or something worse. Imagination is such wonderful thing and could even help to get perspective on different situations.

Quote from: Anyponedrawn
I don't view myself in any sort of persona besides who I am... but I do act more confidently talking about sneeze content here obviously than I would in real life, person to person.  So in that aspect, you could say I am living a double life.  What I say and talk about here on PSF, is a different part of me that never is revealed in the outside world. The artwork I make for example is only between me and you all.  That's it. 

So it's a second life in a way, but not how you were framing your question. ;D  I do not think I am the Pirate King of Zimbadddieskin.... I know I am...   Okay, ignore this last part. ;D

Yeah, I didnt really know how else to really describe it than living a "double life" even thou it's not exactly a double life, but like I dont even know how to explain it, but you got the idea exactly what i was talking about! XD

Quote from: Rainberry
Outside of PSF, I am different in the fact that I don't talk about sneezing.  But I don't view myself as my avatar/persona. ;D  I am who I am here and irl.  lol.
@Rainberry
That's interesting and reletable!
Outside my home i am very different person as well. I dont talk to strangers if i dont have to and even to people i know i talk very little in public. I'm very suspicious of strangers so i tend to stay away from random people as much as i can and in crowds i get paranoid and anxious and i just want to get away. I try to blend in mainly wearing black clothes so i cant be pointed out in public either, so i'm almost invisible and pretty uninteresting to most people.
But in my mind and online the world is completely different, i'm much more open and less frightened, sure there are times when i'm doubting myself even online, like should i even say anything or just stay lurking forever, but most of the time i'm just happy to make some contact to others and share things and stuff XD

Thou I would like to have my online persona as my irl one too, but I dont think i will be able to do that, i have way too many issues one being that i have like 0 selfconfidence so even asking a store clerk where something is can take like 30min-1h before i have courage to ask a simple question... Even in the workshop i'm in, sometimes i need to ask the "teachers" a question and i've noticed that i have sometimes spooked them by just standing next to them silently and i think they might be thinking that i might be little "mentally challenged" which they're not completely wrong, but i'm just very very very scared to make any contact with people i dont know well enough. 8[

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2022-04-29 14:11:06 »

Oh my gosh.  I did the same thing when I was growing up.  I used to run up the stairs as fast as I could and hide behind the railing posts as if they were protecting me from getting hit by enemy fire.  lol
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2022-04-29 17:37:40 »

Hahaha, I am glad what I did as a kid (and maybe sometimes still) isn't too weird. ;D 
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2022-05-07 18:07:57 »

Could I live the double life of a billionaire?  Do we get to choose? ;D

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2022-05-07 20:43:36 »

I don't live a double life, I live MANY LIVES!  Let me explain.  I am one person to one person, and another person to someone else.  I am the same me, but I have to act differently at work, or in a church, and I would act differently in a sports bar, or a golf range.  We all change to some degree to fit the setting.  So there are many of us in our single selves!
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2022-05-08 03:20:36 »

@Darrin
How do i know if you're not a billionaire already!? Perhaps you're here a humble forum admin, helping around community that is very dear to you, but face to face, you're this billionaire in huge mansion and plenty of puppers to play with or kitties or mix of both? Birds? which ever animals you prefer and you have like huge community events for the local people and you're the admin of your home town? o3o
Sure you can choose! But riches arent always measured in cash only, you might already be billionaire with different riches, like life experience or magnificent memories! ;D

I don't live a double life, I live MANY LIVES!  Let me explain.  I am one person to one person, and another person to someone else.  I am the same me, but I have to act differently at work, or in a church, and I would act differently in a sports bar, or a golf range.  We all change to some degree to fit the setting.  So there are many of us in our single selves!
@Graymist
Ooh a multibeing! That is awesome, but i would expect it to be quite exhausting too? Or have you already mastered it in a way that it doesnt require much effort? :)) I only have 3 settings, At home in private, in public and around friends/family i guess if you want to be specific there is also the online one, but that is basically me at home anyway so there isnt really a big difference there and even that can be super exhausting for me.
I do wonder thou, have you had many adventures? o3o

mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2022-05-08 07:21:08 »

Hello! It's been a long time. Working two jobs IRL takes up a ton of time...

With me in public and private I'm very similar. My main difference is with online I tend to speak/type without thinking first or try to say what is on my mind with my comments. IRL I think too much and just say what I think is appropriate or what others are talking about in a polite way.
TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2022-05-08 21:51:31 »

@Darrin
How do i know if you're not a billionaire already!?

My head canon of @Darrin has always had him wearing an expensive rob with a wooden pipe anyways.... so yeah. ;D  lol
« Last Edit: 2022-05-08 21:51:43 by TheBeesSneeze » Logged
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2022-05-13 05:31:53 »

Hello! It's been a long time. Working two jobs IRL takes up a ton of time...

With me in public and private I'm very similar. My main difference is with online I tend to speak/type without thinking first or try to say what is on my mind with my comments. IRL I think too much and just say what I think is appropriate or what others are talking about in a polite way.
@mysteryserpent
Oh my, that can be quite exhausting too, i hope you have time to rest as well!

Ah, well I think it's good to think before talking, but just need to be careful not to be too closed or you might miss some great opportunities to share your passion of stuff and things with others, but with strangers i think it's just safer to talk about appropriate and polite stuff. Then you can always come here and switch to your casual mode and chat what ever is dear to you  ^-^

My head canon of @Darrin has always had him wearing an expensive rob with a wooden pipe anyways.... so yeah. ;D  lol
@TheBeesSneeze
This will now be my expectation too and the pupper in the avatar is his most trusted companion! Or is he this super wealthy pupper!? ;D

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2023-01-22 22:53:33 »

I'm a secret agent outside of here.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Do you live a double life? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024