PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Gaming Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Gaming Discussion  (Read 2087 times)
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« on: 2022-09-27 16:28:36 »

The Elder Scrolls Gaming Discussion

Welcome to "The Elder Scrolls Gaming Discussion."  A topic for all Elder Scrolls Games such as Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and everything else!  We know that TES VI is coming eventually so I am creating this topic before all that excitement begins.  So far the only bit of TES VI info we got is this teaser from 2018!  That is already four years ago at the making of this topic!

So enjoy talking with other TES fans about current, past, and future games here!

As well, feel free to listen to this TES Skyrim soundtrack while you explore the topic!

OTHER TOP TES LORE Links

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages
The Elder Scrolls Wiki
Fudgemuppet
TheEpicNate315
Camelworks
LeftoverPat
Ghostcharm
Avarti

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2022-09-28 13:36:30 »

This series is pretty popular, but for some reason there were no topics about it before... if you don’t count the question about Online.
I can say, unlike Fallout series (where I studied several games to the smallest detail — including the old ones), Skyrim was the only TES game I have played for a significant amount of time, so I managed to avoid the month-length phase, when you can’t play normally without being busy comparing the game with the previous parts :nervoussmile:. I love Skyrim for its scenery, a BIG advancement in characters design, and the Fortify Restoration bug, which allows to upgrade the modestly-looking items to a decent stats — I don’t like too pimped-up look (and size!) of high-level items. Also, it was the second time (the first was TF2) where the trailer really got me interested in the game — usually the trailers, even for the most famous games, were pretty meh for me.
So, I have absolutely no doubts that the next game will look amazing and be very user-friendly, but there still are too much questions about the new installment. Are they going to add the «hardcore mode»? Will the Shouts disappear? How much characters from the earlier games will be here? What new story will have every Daedric artifact this time? ;D
« Last Edit: 2022-09-28 13:46:37 by timmelon » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2022-09-28 22:25:30 »

To me, I played Morrowind and Oblivion the most.  Those WERE my childhood and as someone who doesn't read books a whole lot in his spare time, I read every book in these games I could find to learn about lore.  lol!  Skyrim didn't hold my interest as much as I felt it watered down the whole experience compared to games of yore.  But I never got tired exploring the world in Oblivion, Morrowind, and to a lesser extent, Daggerfall.  Those were my games.

Today my TES experience is mainly listening to lore videos by some of the people you linked above.  But I know when the new TES game comes out, I will pick it up.  It's one of those games that is a must buy as it's a huge event like a new GTA game.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2022-09-29 14:30:15 »

One of my favorite game series of all time!  How did we not have a topic on it?  Probably because no new game has come out since Skyrim.  But this seems like a good time to start! 

Are they going to add the «hardcore mode»? Will the Shouts disappear? How much characters from the earlier games will be here? What new story will have every Daedric artifact this time? ;D

Many people think we are going to Hammerfell (aka Volenfell) where the Redguards call home.  They have a mysterious power known as the Sword Singer.  We've heard it in lore, but aren't sure how it looks.  Many worry/think that will be the player's ability.  Many others want a basic approach similar to Morrowind where we aren't the "chosen one" all the time.

Since we won't be in Skyrim and be the Dragonborn, it's safe to say Shouts will be gone... we might be Sword Singing instead. ;D  *Picturing a guy yodeling and swinging a sword around*

As for Daedric artifacts, who knows? 

Maybe Morwha and the Imperial god of Arkay?  Will the Divines still be as prominent?  I don't know.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2022-10-04 14:24:27 »

I love the TES games!  I'm excited for this topic and future discussions.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2022-10-06 15:35:14 »

I just occasionally listen to the Elder Scrolls sound tracks while waiting for more on the next game. ;D
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2022-11-11 05:06:12 »

By the way, today we have Skyrim’s 11th anniversary. For the game released at 11.11.11, this number must be more important ;D.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2022-11-11 21:43:10 »

Just listening to the Morrowind Soundtrack in celebration. 
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2022-11-20 21:23:59 »

Morrowind and Oblivion were my favorites, mainly because I grew up on those ones.  Skyrim was good, but I couldn't get into it as much.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2022-11-22 13:38:46 »

I wonder if we will get any info on the new game this year?  Probably next year...
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2022-12-02 16:32:29 »

I wonder if we will get any info on the new game this year?  Probably next year...

Probably next year.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2022-12-07 20:59:19 »

The first time playing Oblivion, I remember how immersive and "Real" it seemed, lol.  Sort of like this.  This guy does a great job with these kinds of videos.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2022-12-16 23:11:31 »

The Dagoth Urs are performing!!!

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2023-01-01 00:02:23 »

^ Lol!

Will 2023 be the year we hear more about the next Elder Scrolls?
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2023-01-01 00:08:48 »

Definitely.
Maybe, even the official announcement of where the game will have place ;D.
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Gaming Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024