PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Stranger Than Fan Fiction" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "Stranger Than Fan Fiction"  (Read 18342 times)
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-07-30 13:58:45 »

LP, I get the feeling you'll like this episode a lot.  Caballeron, Caballeron cosplayers (including a terrible one by Derpy), and well, the new guy is pretty funny despite his name.

I enjoyed it a lot.  It was an extremely 'self-aware' episode, especially with the convention background gags (the 'just shoot me' food service lady, the body pillow, to name a few)
« Last Edit: 2016-07-30 14:00:22 by Kyrl » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-07-30 14:00:24 »

Caballllleeerroooooooon.
Oh god I loved him so much in his debut episode. Was so sad he didn't stay long. But oooohoohooo. His voice. And just his demeanor in general made me laugh.

"Just shoot me" food lady and body pillows, oh my god.
Body pillows are like the highest level cringe.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-30 14:01:42 by LP » Logged

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-07-30 14:03:05 »

It was a bondage body pillow even.  I feel like someone is gonna get fired for that.

Spoilers....not really: http://i.4cdn.org/mlp/1469893231994.jpg
« Last Edit: 2016-07-30 14:05:20 by Kyrl » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-07-30 14:19:59 »

Oh my god. I think the censors were very asleep when they were screening that episode then.

Oh wait it's not thaaaaat bad. Although the implications.... Yeeaaaah...

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-07-30 16:45:46 »

Well... I just watched it.
Now excuse me while I find a computer so I can angrily type on my keyboard. My god this episode was so infuriating.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-30 16:46:15 by LP » Logged

yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-07-30 20:28:21 »

Raise the blast shields!  Incoming!

(I've not watched it yet, but agree with your general sentiments on the season from earlier in the thread.)
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-07-30 22:23:17 »

Watched it! :) Really liked this episode, just like everyone else! :D *looks up* Well, almost everyone. ;)

I came really close to absolutely hating Quibble --I found him REALLY annoying--, but as the episode went on, I just thought of him as funny. XD I liked the montage of them in the convention. :D

Also, that's the first time I've seen the end credits without music. :o You'll see what they put instead. ;)

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-07-30 23:24:13 »

Spoilers....not really: http://i.4cdn.org/mlp/1469893231994.jpg

I like how happy Quibble is about seeing that pillow. 

Personally, I really like the episode.  I liked how it handled issues of conventions, and even threw in a stereotypical fat brony guy with a neck beard. ;) 

I liked Quibble.  I loved seeing him so excited the first time he like went off a waterfall. ;)  That was cool, and I really liked Daring Do and Dash, and the bad guys.  Thumbs up from me.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-30 23:26:16 by Silverwing » Logged
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-07-31 00:12:47 »

I give the episode a very strong 8.5/10.  I really liked it. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-07-31 00:18:22 »

Numbers, how could you (almost) hate Quibble's D: he was like, the one redeeming factor of this episode.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-31 00:18:36 by LP » Logged

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-07-31 00:19:01 »

Numbers, how could you (almost) hate Quibble's D: he was like, the one redeeming factor of this episode.

Why did you dislike the episode?  I'm glad you liked Quibble though. 

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-07-31 00:19:21 »

Quibble was pretty sick (awesome!).
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-07-31 00:19:36 »

But he was so annoyiiing!!

But then he wasn't. ;)

Also, "the only redeeming factor", that depends on whether you like the episode or not. :P
« Last Edit: 2016-08-01 15:25:55 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-07-31 00:20:12 »

But he was so annoyiiing!!

But then he wasn't. :P

He seemed like more of a nerd to begin with, but actually turned out pretty valuable and cool. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-07-31 00:33:05 »

Quibble was fantastic and (I felt) was not annoying. And if he was, he was not NEARLY as annoying as Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash. She ruins every episode she's in by being there. Okay harsh, beginning was cute, with her excited to go to a con and all. But then once Quibble states he's only there for the first trilogy and not the rest of Daring's "bad books" she turns downright unpleasant and becomes "that fan". You know the one, the one who worships the very ground the creator steps on, and the type who refuses to admit an episode of a show is bad. She is that fan who treats the creator like some heavenly being who does no wrong. Which, is a very wrong mentality to have. And she's portrayed as right. Yes, there are amazing creators, but even they slip up.

Here's the thing, Rainbow knows Daring is real. Thus she doesn't have a suspension of disbelief to be possibly broken. So even if Daring writes something implausible happening, Dash has the reassurance that she is real so it must've happened. Quibble and every other fan does not. Thus it is the fault of the author, A. K Yearling, for failing to portray her daring stunts with enough detail to explain how she managed to get out of such an impossible situation. Or failing to keep her readers suspension of disbelief from breaking.

But what infuriates me the most is Dash's utter lack of care for another ponies life because hey gotta do this crazy stunt just so I can prove this one guy wrong. Hey I haven't tried it before but damnit he's got to see I'm right. Like how petty can you get. And then that smug attitude she has the whole time is just- makes me want to repeatedly punch her in the face. Her trying to prove to Quibble that something like what Daring said she did can happen is supposed to make us sympathize with her and see how she has a reason. And.... Quibble falls for it like a shmuck because plot and she's the main character so she has to be right. When Quibble has been shown to be a smart pony, and should be able to see the key difference in their stunt and Darings. That there were two of them! Daring wouldn't have had someone to run her down the river at top speed, tie her up on a branch to send her flying in just the right direction to land. No. She was solo, while Quibble had Dash to do that. Making her stunt proving to him Daring did a pile of bullshit. To give him credit he doesn't roll over and say that makes te books good, just that shit can happen.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-31 00:34:01 by LP » Logged

Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Stranger Than Fan Fiction" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024