PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Stranger Than Fan Fiction" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "Stranger Than Fan Fiction"  (Read 18339 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: 2016-07-31 00:38:19 »

Rainbow Dash. She ruins every episode she's in by being there. Okay harsh, beginning was cute, with her excited to go to a con and all. But then once Quibble states he's only there for the first trilogy and not the rest of Daring's "bad books" she turns downright unpleasant and becomes "that fan". You know the one, the one who worships the very ground the creator steps on, and the type who refuses to admit an episode of a show is bad. She is that fan who treats the creator like some heavenly being who does no wrong. Which, is a very wrong mentality to have. And she's portrayed as right. Yes, there are amazing creators, but even they slip up.

I forgave Dash in this simple because she KNEW the author/pone personally.  She kind of took it as an attack on the author.  She took it as an attack on Daring Do.  She felt if "only he knew" he would change his mind.  I totally understand what you are saying, but I feel she took it as a personal attack almost on Daring/author pone.  But as you further mentioned, Yearling might not be the greatest writer if she can't portray what she says in a believable fashion.  Sadly, Rainbow's ego gets in the way of many things.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2016-07-31 00:42:49 »

Rainbow doesn't have to be an ass about it or act like a smug b*tch. BlackGryffon is friends with AB's VA and you don't see him acting like a smug jerk because he knows her and her certainly doesn't get angry at people who say Apple Bloom is a bad character. Dash is just so petty and unlikeable in this episode. I get the feel Rainbow feels she's entitled because she knows te author. And then, at the end when Quibble tries to make amends and stop them from fighting and saying they like the books for different reasons, what does Dash say? Be mature and accept it and agree? HahaHaha, no that would actually make her likable. No, she tells him he's got terrible taste in books. Out protagonist people.

I've always hated Dash, but this is a new level. I've only hated her more in Rainbow Falls and Tanks for the Memories.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: 2016-07-31 00:52:17 »

Dash totally feels entitled because she knows the author.  That short scene when she goes to the bell hop at the hotel and asked him to call Yearling, then when yearling actually comes, Dash gives him that "see, I know her, and I'm not just a crazy fan," kind of look. 

I didn't realize she did that to him at the end.  I will go see that scene again.  You really analyze these.  More then me.  I did like how it was Quibble who came up with the morale/conclusion though.  Kind of funny... because Dash who is a main star didn't.   
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #33 on: 2016-07-31 00:59:56 »

Bleh, I hated all her smirks and stuff when it came to Yearling. Then how she asks a completely stupid thing just because she wants to get back at Quibble by making him a suspect? Come on, give me a break from your childishness. Your an adult, act like one. The face she pulls though when Yearlig saves them and she hugs them. Good god, I wanted to punch her so hard and so much. Gosh darn fictional characters making my blood pressure rise XD

Dash is just... The worst. I never understood why people liked her from the start, as she was a selfish jerk. But lolz, she has the gay pride flag on her head. But yeah, Quibble is nice civil and I actually love that despite everything he experienced he doesn't just quit and say the books are good. Because regardless if they really happened, the writing is apparently really bad at conveying that. And the problem still exists.

I am a critic at heart, I love analyzing stuff, I'd go more I depth of I wasn't on phone and like 4am XP. Of course Dash didn't. Because she sucks. And has to almost always be told the moral because she is too dumb to live. Quibble honestly deserves better than Dash's selfish ass. You know what would have been great? Had Daring said yes, she does embellish her stories. Not everything is 100% true. And then Dash would be knocked down a peg. Both of them would have. But no, Dash is protagonist.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: 2016-07-31 01:04:29 »

Bleh, I hated all her smirks and stuff when it came to Yearling. Then how she asks a completely stupid thing just because she wants to get back at Quibble by making him a suspect? Come on, give me a break from your childishness. Your an adult, act like one. The face she pulls though when Yearlig saves them and she hugs them. Good god, I wanted to punch her so hard and so much. Gosh darn fictional characters making my blood pressure rise XD

Dash is just... The worst. I never understood why people liked her from the start, as she was a selfish jerk. But lolz, she has the gay pride flag on her head. But yeah, Quibble is nice civil and I actually love that despite everything he experienced he doesn't just quit and say the books are good. Because regardless if they really happened, the writing is apparently really bad at conveying that. And the problem still exists.

I am a critic at heart, I love analyzing stuff, I'd go more I depth of I wasn't on phone and like 4am XP. Of course Dash didn't. Because she sucks. And has to almost always be told the moral because she is too dumb to live. Quibble honestly deserves better than Dash's selfish ass. You know what would have been great? Had Daring said yes, she does embellish her stories. Not everything is 100% true. And then Dash would be knocked down a peg. Both of them would have. But no, Dash is protagonist.

4am.  I think it is time for you to sleep.  You have done your duty, and I love your critical analysis of this episode.  It was awesome, and you made great points that really makes me think twice about Dash and how I viewed stuff. I still like episodes, but you went so much deeper into Dash's personality then I had ever thought before.  I love that. 
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: 2016-07-31 01:06:31 »

Lol, it's times like these, I'm glad I'm too dense to let a character's problems make me explode in rage. XD

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: 2016-07-31 01:08:12 »

Lol, it's times like these, I'm glad I'm too dense to let a character's problems make me explode in rage. XD

I know right?  Lol!  I always thought I was pretty decent and breaking characters down, but this gal.  She's.... SHE WILL TEAR THEM APART. ;) 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #37 on: 2016-07-31 01:11:11 »

Heh, this episode almost made me go into my final form! XP I wasn't close to exploding, Numbers, don't worry. Exploding is reserved for atrocities like Rainbow Falls.

But yeah it probably is. I'm surprised I'm still able to make cohesive thought. But thank you ^^ that was just on the fly heh heh, I was writing in a Google doc earlier. Heh, I'm glad I was able to make peeps think twice, I guess that's one of my main purposes when I do get riled up enough to write a review (hue not even, just flailing about angrily). It's kind of sad, it's episodes like these that really make me hate I ever wrote anything for this character and just makes me not want to do anything more with them.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2016-07-31 01:12:51 »

I know right?  Lol!  I always thought I was pretty decent and breaking characters down, but this gal.  She's.... SHE WILL TEAR THEM APART ;)
Maybe it's cuz I'm a mean person XP But yeah, I guess it's something I've done even as a little kid. I think too much about these things. But heh, tearing apart? You should seem when I rant about Rarity.

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: 2016-07-31 01:39:25 »

I liked the episode a lot.  I just found Rainbow Dash to be a spoiled brat who felt she and only she has the right opinion.  Dash would be one of those prissy annoying punks who runs ten Tumblr blogs that reblog each other spreading her viewpoint and only her viewpoint.  Sure she is open to list to others... but really only if they agree with her. 
Daisyy

Squeet

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2016-07-31 16:03:29 »

There's less and less 'mane six' episodes now

it seems like for the last ninety four episodes there was only the 'tail two'.

oh and I really like holding grudges against everybody who dislikes books that I like (or would like). also everybody who thinks the other books in a series arent good enough for them.

CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED, QUIBBLE(quiball?).

life is like a profound metaphor, except you put the word "like" and now it's a simile, and you failed the figurative language assignment
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #41 on: 2016-07-31 16:18:50 »

Oh wow, Daisy is still alive. Hi Daisy! Where have you been?

Daisyy

Squeet

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2016-07-31 16:38:24 »

omg I'm alive.

I've been on planet Mars

In the milky way galaxy

I can't guarantee that galaxy are very yummy

life is like a profound metaphor, except you put the word "like" and now it's a simile, and you failed the figurative language assignment
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2016-07-31 16:49:39 »

Haha, good to see your around. We really miss you. We should take this to the PSF chat, so we don't take this off topic. But I'm really happy you're alright. You were a part of the community, and I've missed your randomness.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2016-07-31 19:03:12 »

Yeah, I know I've certainly wondered where you have been Daisy.  Missed you.  Happy to see you. :)
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Stranger Than Fan Fiction" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024