PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Twenty Eight Pranks Later" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "Twenty Eight Pranks Later"  (Read 10604 times)
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-08-13 14:06:53 »

I will answer if Dash suffers right after I finish the episode. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-08-13 15:07:20 »

Instead of Dash cowering in the back, she grabs a shovel that's in the barn and starts beating the crap out of them all, thinking they're actual zombies.
That's my ideal Scooby-Doo  ending.   I mean, suppose some farmer mistook the crooked land-grabber in the dopey rubber mask for a real zombie, grabbed his trusty rifle, and shot him? "Jinkies! Old Man Welker just blew a huge gaping hole in the bastard's chest!" "Well, I guess the farmer's goin' to jail, right, Scoob?"  "Reah!  Murder one!" "Then if there's no mystery to solve, why the hell are we here, guys?" And then everybody laughs, except, you know, the cops and the guy with the teacup-sized exit hole in his back, lying there, dead.

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-08-13 15:12:24 »

> Old Man Welker

I see what you did there. 8)
« Last Edit: 2016-08-13 15:17:38 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-08-13 16:58:04 »

It was a good episode.  Predictable, but it was good.  One of those episodes that just goes by without much depth to it. 

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-08-13 17:29:59 »

Knowing LP, She will hate this episode because of how Rainbow Dash acts and treats others. 

The episode starts with Dash scaring Fluttershy, easy, right?

I think Applejack actually said it best, first time she has been useful in awhile.  "Scaring Fluttershy is just lazy."  - Applejack

But since Dash can't figure out anything that her friends, minus Pinkie Pie, are trying to tell her, she doesn't get the "stop doing pranks" thing.  So she somehow thinks that she has to put MORE effort into her pranks... okay. 

Possibly the funniest thing yet, this show actually made a fart joke.  YEAH, it did it. 

So after a montage of Dash making herself annoying to everyone.... the whole village practically calls upon Pinkie Pie for help to out prank Dash. 

But first... Pinkie tries to reason with Dash.  I am sure you can figure out how that goes.  Dash stubborn?  Check.

So here is where it gets goofy.  I'm surprised no one brought up sick ponies.  Pinkie Pie is acting sick, coughing, looking sick.  Also... cookies become a drug reference. 

Montage of selling cookies.  Dash laughing the whole way.

Dash's prank doesn't seem to be working, so she is willing to check in pone's windows like a peeping Dash.

Episode could now be mistake for a horror film, or a Halloween episode. :)

Cookie filling becomes blood reference.

Total horror film. I like it. :)  How did they get the town to agree to this?

So in the end, Dash gets a taste, or a whopping helping of her own medicine.  To see her cower and squirm at the end will probably bring a smile to LP's face, but she will probably wish that Dash suffered more.

I liked the episode and will give it a 7.5/10. 

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-08-13 17:40:03 »

Darn it, RD... you're so often a frickin' jerk to everyone else... so how come you're still my favorite? XD

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-08-13 18:55:52 »

I think LP will like Dash's suffering at the end, but with there was more of it.  The Mane 6 gave in too easily. ;)  Where was Starlight in all this?

Anyways, I enjoyed the episode and will give it a strong 7.5 out of 10 as well. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-08-13 22:00:40 »

Oh god, alt endings.
Plz nu.

Rainbow.... Scares Fluttershy....
Fck this. Fck this episode. Not even going to watch it.
I can't watch this series anymore. I'm done.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-13 22:02:31 by LP » Logged

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-08-13 22:18:59 »

....jeez

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-08-13 22:32:02 »

You really take it to heart, dontcha? ;)
"Uh, no SH!T."
« Last Edit: 2016-08-13 22:32:34 by 1234 » Logged

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-08-13 22:34:45 »

>_>
I can't stand what they've done to Dash. She wasn't the greatest character to begin with, but now she's so unlikeable I don't even feel she deserves to have stories written about her making her cute and sneezy. This just... So killed my writing mood. I can't even.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-08-14 18:49:32 »

:(  Don't take it so personally, lol.  It's a cartoon.  ;) 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-08-14 19:07:38 »

I'm REE'ing into the sunset. But in all serious now.

Yes, it's a cartoon. But if a cartoon is bad, I'm not going to continue to subject myself into watching it. I've been close to not continuing to watch the show. Maybe I'm picky, but I've put up with dumb things in this series, but just this degradation of character (a character who had very little to begin with) is just unbearable for me. The past 3 episodes have just been abysmal. Along with the rest of S6. Of most of the episodes I've seen only 3 have been good to great. The rest have been meh to just painful to sit through.

I think it's proof of good writing when they make an episode I enjoy and even love to watch about a pony I hate (i.e. Rarity). Rarity episodes are enjoyable, as much as I dislike her, I like her episodes. So it's not solely that I dislike Dash that I hate these episodes. Hell, 2 of my favorite episodes are Dash episodes, those being Wonderbolts Academy and Mysterious Mare Do Well. And yes, I admit both of those have very stupid or bad elements to them. But the good vastly outshines the bad, and aren't visible until a 2nd rewatching. These episodes, the flaws are so blatantly there that I see them on the first watch through and makes me pause the episode to rant to myself about how stupid or wrong it is.

Maybe it's because I surround myself with a group of people that are very critical and are good at observing a shows and stories flaws. It's what I enjoy doing. Writing reviews, pointing out what's wrong with things and how they could be better.

I may watch this episode. My SO has bribed me into watching it, but at least I get a nice pillow out of it. I just... I feel like Rainbow Dash is ruining the show for me. I used to hate Rarity so much more, but the way she's acted and been portrayed hasn't ever made me want to stop watching the show. And I'm honestly really sad. Because this is a good show. This season has potential. And instead of utilizing their new character they've resorted to just making fun of American culture and the fanbase and fanbases in general. That isn't what the show used to be about. And I'm not trying to sound like one of those die hard original fans, I joined around the middle of S3. But I just... I can't find myself enjoying the episodes that are being released recently. Even if I try to overlook the flaws, they aren't particularly fun or enjoyable episodes.

To be honest, this isn't like a super sudden thing. I've been slowly not being excited about the show anymore. Around S5 I just slowed down. I didn't hunker down and wait for the episodes. I found myself not caring. When they came out I maybe gave them a watch, eventually watching them all.  Even with S6 I wasn't there for the premiere and I haven't been keeping up. I just don't feel the magic anymore. I'm sorry everyone.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-14 19:48:22 by LP » Logged

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-08-14 19:32:09 »

Don't be sorry. If that's how you feel about it, then... uh... then that's how you feel about it, and that's okay. After all, "to each their own". One's opinion can change over time. It's okay. ;)
« Last Edit: 2016-08-14 19:41:18 by 1234 » Logged

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-08-14 19:53:04 »

Yeha, no need to apologize.  It's what you think, and that is fine.  :)

I will admit, the last two episodes have been pretty meh.
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Twenty Eight Pranks Later" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024