PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "The Times They Are A Changeling" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "The Times They Are A Changeling"  (Read 13143 times)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-08-20 17:13:18 »

......I can't wait for covers of this song....... I feel like such a chump for saying that.

9/10 for the episode.  F me...
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-08-20 17:17:53 »

Good link you posted.  Everyone look at the 2:00 minute mark on the video Wolf posted.  Look at Starlight, see that?  She came to a realization.  She just learned the depth in all this, and it was when she learned her lesson on this journey.  Great subtle nod the animators snuck in there, most won't notice. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-08-20 17:28:39 »

I know the actual VA isn't Elijah haha. But that's who he sounded like to me haha. It became a bit of a joke between my SO and I haha.

I didn't really like Spike's song. Wasn't very original in terms of lyrics and you could tell that his VA is a girl. Since Spike's actual singing voice is pretty crap, she had to drop most of his voice to make the song sound nicer. Exactly like Ball had to do with Applejack on S1.

The ending felt rushed. Like... Why did they switch so fast? Especially when Cadance and Shining have every right to be afraid and wary. They just.... Accept. Like, I know it's obviously not what happened but what if Thorax was just using Spike. Fed him a sob story to get close and now that he has everyone's trust, he can let his colony in. Obviously not what's really going on, but still.

Also, changeling into rock. That's just. I died haha.

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-08-20 20:10:06 »

Great episode.  Worth the wait.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-08-20 23:58:44 »

I would have actually enjoyed this episode to be longer and pan out more in depth. 

I have to agree.  This was a really great episode, but would have been better longer to see characters have to warm up to the idea of being friends with a group that is known to be traitors.

This episode came at a unique time in race relations in this country. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-08-21 07:37:39 »

Oh gosh, plz. I actually liked that the episodes moral wasn't about race. It was more about just giving people a chance. At least, that was the jive I got. And I like that. SU did something similar in a recent episode and of course all the SJW's jumped on it saying it was an allegory for BLM and I just... No. Just no. It wasn't, stop projecting your agenda on an innocent kids show.

I do find it funny how it did come out at a time when similar things are happening here, but I liked that the moral wasn't really racey. At least, to me it wasn't.

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-08-21 09:36:03 »

Yea I agree, I didn't see any sort of race relations undertones.  If it was, they were poorly done because at no point did they dismiss the idea that most changelings are bad.  Just that a handful might be good/can stop being bad.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-08-21 09:36:30 »

Changlings are a race, are they not?  I doubt this was related to those movements going on, but I think the message was just because someone looks different or you have a certain perception on them, doesn't mean you can't trust them.  Give them a chance. 
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-08-21 13:45:50 »

Finally got to watch it! ;D It was great, really great.

I think the song was one of the best I've heard this season.

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-08-21 14:10:03 »

Srs? Even better than Luna's song in the Christmas episode!?

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-08-21 14:25:03 »

@Silver.  The problem is the episode wasn't talking about ALL changelings, just the single one.  Even Spike's song boiled down to "they can be good if you give them the chance to prove they're capable of it".  It's more akin to advice for dealing with a strange dog (assume all dogs are aggressive till they prove they aren't).  If you apply it to race relations, its actually pretty awful.

It had nothing to do with looking different (They covered that in the Zecora episode) and everything to do with him being the exception to the rule.
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-08-21 14:29:15 »

Srs? Even better than Luna's song in the Christmas episode!?
I didn't say "THE best", I said "ONE of the best". :P
« Last Edit: 2016-08-21 14:31:58 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
✨proponypal✨

Eat some apples!

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-08-21 15:30:12 »

I enjoyed this episode.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-08-21 16:45:30 »

I actually enjoyed this episode

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-08-21 20:30:03 »

This was the best song of the season in my mind.  Cheesy, oh yes.  Cheesy makes fondue! 

Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "The Times They Are A Changeling" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024