PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion  (Read 39338 times)
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #120 on: 2020-12-02 18:57:07 »

I've heard it has been a good series, and I am sure they will do many spin-offs.

Tale-Spin anyone?

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #121 on: 2020-12-03 11:13:39 »

I'd say the seeds are there for a Darkwing Duck spinoff/reboot.  The deranged Jim "Negaduck" Starling is still out there, Gosalyn's grandfather is still trapped in the void, and we could even see the mechanized version of Taurus Bulba from the original series show up here, if F.O.W.L. hires him on.    Might be fun to see a new series' take on C-lister baddies like Tuskerninni, Prof. Moliarty, Splatter Phoenix, and--rowr rowr--Morgana MacCawber.    :D

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #122 on: 2020-12-03 15:57:55 »

Heh... you could saw that Disney is ruffling their tail feathers.  This will really run AFOWL with fans! 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #123 on: 2021-06-08 06:57:43 »

Article

"Amphibia" is an animated comedy series that chronicles the adventures of 13-year-old Anne Boonchuy, who is magically transported to the fantastical world of Amphibia, a rural marshland full of frog-people. With the help of an excitable young frog named Sprig, Anne will transform into a hero and discover the first true friendship of her life. Created and executive-produced by Matt Braly, "Amphibia" premieres summer 2019 on Disney Channel.

In its 4th week (week of 7/8/19), Disney Channel's "Amphibia" grew for the 2nd straight week among Kids 6-11 (+1% - 137,000/0.57 rating vs. 135,000/0.57 rating) and for the 3rd consecutive week with Tweens 9-14 (+15% - 99,000/0.41 rating vs. 86,000/0.36 rating) to its strongest week of the series.

Thursday's telecast of "Amphibia" capped off the week with series highs among Kids 6-11 (160,000/0.67 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (114,000/0.47 rating), ranking as the No. 1 program in its 10:00 a.m. time slot.

(((Still pretty low ratings)))

F*** those ratings. They mean nothing to the individual. I just got done binging both current seasons on Disney plus and it left me in tears. FFFFFFRAACK I LOVE IT!

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #124 on: 2021-06-08 15:44:49 »

Article

"Amphibia" is an animated comedy series that chronicles the adventures of 13-year-old Anne Boonchuy, who is magically transported to the fantastical world of Amphibia, a rural marshland full of frog-people. With the help of an excitable young frog named Sprig, Anne will transform into a hero and discover the first true friendship of her life. Created and executive-produced by Matt Braly, "Amphibia" premieres summer 2019 on Disney Channel.

In its 4th week (week of 7/8/19), Disney Channel's "Amphibia" grew for the 2nd straight week among Kids 6-11 (+1% - 137,000/0.57 rating vs. 135,000/0.57 rating) and for the 3rd consecutive week with Tweens 9-14 (+15% - 99,000/0.41 rating vs. 86,000/0.36 rating) to its strongest week of the series.

Thursday's telecast of "Amphibia" capped off the week with series highs among Kids 6-11 (160,000/0.67 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (114,000/0.47 rating), ranking as the No. 1 program in its 10:00 a.m. time slot.

F*** those ratings. They mean nothing to the individual. I just got done binging both current seasons on Disney plus and it left me in tears. FFFFFFRAACK I LOVE IT!

I love how you quoted a 3 year old post, lol.  I thought it was something new and went back trying to find it, lol.

Ratings should matter though to people.  If ratings are bad, the show's lifespan will be short.  That is what happened to OK KO: Lets Be Heroes on CN.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #125 on: 2021-06-09 22:40:31 »

Article

I love how you quoted a 3 year old post, lol.  I thought it was something new and went back trying to find it, lol.

Ratings should matter though to people.  If ratings are bad, the show's lifespan will be short.  That is what happened to OK KO: Lets Be Heroes on CN.

Ratings DO matter. But to a degree. Come on and admit it. We all like something that everyone else hates. And hell even something bad can in the future inspire something good and legit creative. When it comes to Amphibia here I will defend it to my last breath. So far it has been inventive, gripping, funny, emotional, and just all around a fun ride to be on. I very much encourage everyone else here to at least give it a fair shot and not write it off because its a Disney channel show.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #126 on: 2021-06-10 14:37:04 »

Oh yeah, I'm not saying that.  I love things other don't get, and visa versa. 

I'm just saying if you want your show to have a better shot at surviving, you want to hope for good viewership.  Thats all.

I by no means have written off the show. I don't think anyone has.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-10 14:37:28 by Silverwing » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #127 on: 2021-06-10 14:42:16 »

Some newer ratings for Amphibia show it's doing good for Disney Channel at a .37 meaning it reached the number two slot for children's animation on a Saturday.  Source

Near the end of the second season, viewership started to decline overall.  Strong first half of the second season.  On average a .36 rating for the network.  That is down 12% from the season before. Source

It was strong enough to be picked up for a third season.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-10 14:44:04 by Silverwing » Logged
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #128 on: 2022-05-27 00:16:37 »

As part of a promotion for some streaming Chip-n-Dales things for Disney, they uploaded the first episode of Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, back from the 80s.  Best part, it is remastered!!!  I love seeing how good the animation was back then and how many moving parts there was.  Everything was alive unlike todays stuff. Relive the memories or see it for the first time.  It's so good!  I love hearing all the voices from voice actors I recognize.

flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #129 on: 2023-01-13 17:16:34 »

Phones and Ferb is getting new episodes! The goal its to make it like the show never ended.  A series revival and 40 new episodes.  Essentially two new seasons.

Article

One of Disney's most popular animated TV shows is coming back for more.

As part of the annual Television Critics Association winter press tour, the company announced Friday that it has struck a new overall deal with Phineas and Ferb co-creator Dan Povenmire that will bring back the hit series for 40 new episodes. The deal also includes a season 2 renewal for Povenmire's more recent animated series Hamster & Gretel, as well as the development of future live-action projects.

"Dan is renowned for his ability to create universally beloved stories and characters with both heart and humor," Disney Branded Television president Ayo Davis said in the announcement. "We couldn't be happier to continue our collaboration with him and bring back the iconic Phineas and Ferb in a big way."

Phineas and Ferb follows the adventures of the eponymous stepbrothers as they spend their summer vacation coming up with ambitious projects that often defy physics. They also butt heads with their older sister, Candace, who constantly tries to expose their schemes to their parents to little avail. Meanwhile, their pet platypus is secretly a spy foiling the evil plots of a mad scientist.

The series originally aired on the Disney Channel from 2008 to 2015, and continued in a series of TV movies. The most recent, Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe, premiered on Disney+ in 2020.

"It has been the greatest pleasure of my career to see how an entire generation of kids and parents have embraced the characters and the humor of Phineas and Ferb," Povenmire said in a statement. "I'm eagerly looking forward to diving back into the show for them and for a whole new generation."

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #130 on: 2023-01-14 04:44:38 »

Wait, is Doof going to be a villain again, or will these be "lost" episodes from before he reformed and embraced his destiny as Prof. Time? Although I'd like to see a passel of new episodes, I'd hate to think his whole redemption arc was completely scrapped. 

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #131 on: 2023-01-14 10:38:56 »

It's two whole new seasons.  Nothing it going to change to our knowledge yet.
TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #132 on: 2023-01-19 19:17:28 »

Hey, anytime I can see more Doofenschmirtz and Perry, I call that a win!
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #133 on: 2023-01-19 23:29:20 »

Just as long as they don't have Isabella come out as a gender-fluid  LGBT pansexual and Phineas become a NeverTrumper, I will be happy.  I'm already sort of annoyed by  the "Louder and Prouder" revival of The Proud Family... they pretty much dispensed with any and all subtlety and  full-out made that effete friend of Penny's a total friend to all gays.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #134 on: 2023-01-20 14:07:57 »

I would hope Phineas and Ferb's staff would know not to inject politics.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024