PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Dungeons & Discords" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "Dungeons & Discords"  (Read 10872 times)
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2016-08-28 14:05:37 »

In summary, the pacing was pretty poor at times, the conflict took way too long to set up. Discord acted predictably and the moral was grossly mishandled despite being difficult to relate to because the conflict was so obvious.

4/10.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2016-08-28 14:11:31 »

It was a pretty mediocre episode.  So here is my mediocre score for it.  5.

The pacing was lousy, and it was extremely predictable.  Though I was surprised at how little time was spent in Discord's world of the game.  I was disappointed at how lame that world was.  It would have been cool to be "Realistic" or maybe even change the art style for fun, just to make it different.  I feel this episode could have been good, but it didn't try to do anything different.  It was just....... there. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2016-08-28 14:11:57 »

It would be interesting to see what our average scores combined for each episode would be if we all did that... 
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: 2016-08-28 16:15:33 »

I think the world was lame on purpose.  Discord halfassed the cliche everyone called happening because even he didn't want to do it.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: 2016-08-28 18:46:32 »

It would have been cool to be "Realistic" or maybe even change the art style for fun, just to make it different.  I feel this episode could have been good, but it didn't try to do anything different.  It was just....... there.

I think that would have been really cool too.  Other shows have done similar things, but that would have earned it more points then it did in my book.  I will just give it a 6. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2016-08-28 22:35:26 »

I actually enjoyed the episode.  I will agree, the pacing was off, but I enjoyed the subject matter and liked seeing more of the guys in this.  I think they should develop this.

7/10. 
« Last Edit: 2016-08-28 22:36:21 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: 2016-08-30 17:00:58 »

This episode had the third highest ratings of the season, after a several week increase in viewership.  Back at near 300k. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: 2016-08-30 17:30:31 »

Playing "Dungeons and Dragons"... with a real dragon.  Wouldn't they consider that game a bit speciesist?

I'm just saying, who needs to play a game where you fight epic battles against trolls,  demons and monsters, when, for you, that's like, Tuesday?

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2016-08-30 18:08:46 »

Of course it had the highest viewership >_> the show got exactly what it wanted.
GUYS LOOK DnD with ponies! Nerds look at us!

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: 2016-08-30 18:45:14 »

Equestria must have a lot of weird creatures that are legit in that game they have. 

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: 2016-08-30 18:49:47 »

Surprisingly relevant:

Looks promising.  From the thread, regarding the author:

"You must be unfamiliar with Alessio Cavatore's work. Allow me to fill you in.

This guy cut his teeth writing rules for the most renown fantasy and scifi miniatures wargames on the planet. It was the editions he helped write that helped these two games in during the peak of their popularity. It can be argued that those editions are better than most of the others. In case you are not familiar with what games I am referring to, they are Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Fantasy Battles. Moving on, he left Games Worshop to form his own company and doing game design freelance. He then wrote the rules system for Kings of War, which is looking to dethrone Warhammer Fantasy Battles as the biggest fantasy battles game, giving Age of Sigmar and 9th Age runs for their money.

He is a very solid and accomplished games designer.

What is interesting about this case, is Hasbro owns Wizards of the Coast, the company that handles Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons.

So why aren't they taking care of the MLP:RPG? Well Alessio, being a fan of the show, actually approached Hasbro and pitched the idea and got the go-ahead. Which is big because Hasbro could have likely just done it cheaper by keeping it in-house with WotC. Obviously someone at Hasbro recognized who he was and lobbied for it to happen.

Am I saying this game will be groundbreaking and change the face of roleplaying forever? Absolutely not. What I am saying is the man is a man of quality, and I expect no less from the book."
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: 2016-08-30 18:59:45 »

How legit is this?  Do we have a actual news source link?  Because if this is so, that is awesome.  I might actually try one of these types of games someday.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2016-08-30 19:02:22 »

Welp, if it sucks it'll be a huge disappointment. But I'm positive he'll produce quality!

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: 2016-08-30 19:57:23 »

It's legit. 
http://riverhorse.eu/
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: 2016-08-30 21:13:26 »

That is pretty exciting. :)  Thanks for the link.  I don't know anything about these kind of games or even who that guy is, but he sounds well respected. 
« Last Edit: 2016-08-30 21:13:54 by RainySunshine » Logged
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Dungeons & Discords" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024