PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: What I am most excited to see in 2019: Hazbin Hotel 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What I am most excited to see in 2019: Hazbin Hotel  (Read 2346 times)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2019-01-22 20:25:59 »

So...not many people are aware of this show's existence. It is a youtube production project and as far as I know is not airing on any network like Nick or Disney or Cartoon network.

However, THESE DESIGNS! It is really, really cool to me. Here are a few clips that are currently available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA10XayhSOM (my personal favorite one. It is short but introduces a really interesting character: Radio Demon. The main girl character design is awesome to me! I like the side view of her face and her nose at the very beginning. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWrM-eDxTas this is the main clip that introduces what the show will be about, and there are some designs that are unique, pretty, or cool. Sometimes a mix of all three XD at 1:15-the end there is a lot I love about the visuals and details of what is happening in the animation.

There are more clips of the show available if anyone is interested, but for now...has anyone else heard of this show? If so, what do you think about it?
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2019-01-22 21:57:28 »

I've been following this as well!  I am excited for it, but I have a rather bleak outlook.  Vivzie and the others working on this are really talented... but like any small team of people, it is going to take forever to ever even get one episode done let alone a whole series.

So what am I saying?  We'll never get a fully realized series unless this gets some real studio or network backing.

All that said, the clips so far look really nice and the character designs are pretty unique, with some Star vs. Evil stylings. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2019-01-22 22:07:50 »

There is a lot of Youtube talent and Youtube animators working on this project and I am excited to see something fresh and new.  The animation looks pretty swanky and the voice work by some talented goofs like Unkinjoe make me smile!  But knowing the Vivzie, she will try to make some political statement as it's already been alluded to in a few clips... which is unfortunate to a degree unless she does it right.  That all aside, this looks extremely promising and I am excited to see what this series can do.  Will it be long and how long can they keep this group together producing content?  Hopefully for awhile if it is good.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2019-01-22 22:15:08 »

I'm excited for it as well.  I've watched her stuff on Youtube since she first started.  It's neat to see a pretty big crew working on this project.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7216636/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

I am going to call something before it happens too.  I am going to bet that Youtube will start funding this show and it will become on of their first original series, since they are trying to promote their own services now.  Youtube will fund Hazbin Hotel and make it an original series of theirs.  Just want to say that. ;)
TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2019-01-27 23:02:06 »

The animation and character designs look promising.  They seem to have good voice acting too.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2019-10-28 20:34:50 »

The half and hour pilot is now released as of today.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2019-10-29 15:25:58 »

Exceptional work.  What makes this so "big" is that in the past to make a piece like this, you had to go through a studio.  But here, it was all done by themselves.  A rather large crew of truly dedicated people.  You can see the dedication.  Sure there are some minor rough spots in the animation, but overall it is really really good.  Rough stuff would be gone in a professional production and learning through time.  But they did a fantastic job.  The voice work, the sounds, even the script is good and fresh.  The setting is not new, but they made it different. 

While it might not be your cup of tea, it is fully an adult oriented cartoon, and as typical with Vivzie pieces there is political messages hidden, but you can't ignore the barriers broken  here and the amount of effort and work put into this.  This music alone is great!  There isn't private stuff like this often, and this is well worth a look.  Impressed!
LovesSneezingApparently
SCM Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2019-10-29 18:04:26 »

So, I am absolutely wrenching my little brain over here. Is this the most spectacular thing I've seen from the internet? That's impossibly sweeping, but what else is there?

I liked it at any rate.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2019-10-29 18:20:58 »

What a passion project!  It's so cool to see so many people come together to make that!  And without any backing from a studio!!!  How awesome!  They should feel accomplished.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: What I am most excited to see in 2019: Hazbin Hotel « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024