PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Redline Automotive Discussion 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Redline Automotive Discussion  (Read 59598 times)
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #225 on: 2020-08-31 23:42:01 »

^ Thats kinda cute.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #226 on: 2020-08-31 23:56:44 »

So here's a story for ya. Before I moved down to LA, I used to drive my great aunt around town in her car to run errands. She paid me to do it and it was a nice way to make a little extra cash on the side. But I LOVED her car. It's a 2007 Chevy Impala with very little miles on it. Back before I moved down here it was barely at 40K. But late last year, she moved into one of those permanent care homes since she can't take care of herself anymore. So she ended up just giving the car to me for free. It was so frickin awesome. The car is named Derpy because she gave it to me the day after the series finale and my emotions were high. Here's a picture of it.

It finally hit 50k miles last month. I take pretty good care of it, get it washed, properly tuned and oil changes here and there. But it has developed a problem I can't seem to fix. Whenever I'm driving through city streets and take my foot off the gas, the whole front of the car seems to make a loud creaking noise. I don't know what it could be. I thought it was an engine mount going bad but I tried the same thing in park. No noise. I'm gonna get it looked at whenever I can but lately with work and all that finding time hasn't been easy.

But yeah thats my car and I love her.

« Last Edit: 2020-09-01 00:00:02 by Blurr » Logged

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #227 on: 2020-09-01 17:45:40 »

^ Congrats on the big roomy Impala! That was very nice of your Great Aunt.  Elderly are the best at taking car of their cars and they don't run them hard. They are comfy cars.  You can sleep in them because they got so much room and be quite comfy.  Keep it clean and good, @Blurr.  It still looks good.  Do you no longer have your Element?

I've heard the creaking noice when letting off the gas can oddly be the emergency brake cable rubbing up against the car's control arm.  It would be a super quick and easy fix if that is the case.  The dealer would simple re-grease it and possible reposition it. Take all of five minutes.  I would bring that up to them before they say things like a TSB replacement or strut replacements.  They might say they should replace the clutch cable too.  But just say the first thing.  It should cost nothing.  Test it, and if it works, you saved a pocketful of cash. 
« Last Edit: 2020-09-01 17:47:48 by RainySunshine » Logged
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #228 on: 2020-09-01 19:08:03 »

Thanks for the tip Rainy. I'll bring this up whenever I get the time to bring it to the shop.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #229 on: 2020-09-02 15:19:58 »

You are welcome.  Hopefully it helps out.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #230 on: 2020-10-21 18:04:27 »

Richland, Washington based hypercard company, SSC, recently just broke the record for fastest car on earth.  Previous vehicles of theirs have also won this prestigious award, but they have done it again with their new SSC Tuatara.  It reached a speed of just over 331mph on a stretch of road in Nevada.

News Article

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #231 on: 2020-10-21 23:30:59 »

Holy cow.  Can you even imagine that force being pressed on your body?  Holy cow!

Also GMC revealed the new Hummer EV. 

Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #232 on: 2020-12-07 23:54:19 »

I kinda want one of those new Bronco Sports....
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #233 on: 2021-01-19 18:54:42 »

It is official.  FCA and PSA merger finally sealed and done.

Article

In a new online conference, Carlos Tavares, again reiterated that he didn't want to end any of the brands.  Instead each brand has a new head and he wants to build up all the brands.  PSA's earlier plans to enter the US seem to have halted as they will instead focus on the American brands that have been starved of product, such as Chrysler and Dodge.  Jeep and Ram continue to fund everything for FCA and will have a bigger presence as well. Jeep is planned to have a more global presence.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #234 on: 2021-01-26 22:24:43 »

I gotta say, I really like that new Ford Bronco Sport.  I could see myself with one of those... It's cheaper than a Jeep Wrangler.

Or I could get a practical vehicle...
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #235 on: 2021-01-27 17:35:57 »

Well you could argue the Wrangler and Bronco Sport are practical for space and for handling all sorts of weather and terrain.  Gas mileage is okay, but not great on them.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #236 on: 2021-01-28 22:37:36 »

Depends what you are asking of your vehicles, FoxTail.  They can be very practical. Plus if you live in a snowy region, having the security of 4-wheel drive is nice.  Having extra space for your stuff or family/friends is nice too. 

In the same breath though, I loathe how crossovers and SUVs are making the sedan fade away. 
« Last Edit: 2021-01-28 22:38:03 by Grapefoot » Logged

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #237 on: 2021-01-28 22:38:41 »

In the same breath though, I loathe how crossovers and SUVs are making the sedan fade away.

Preach. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #238 on: 2021-01-28 22:59:12 »

I like the Jeep.  I like their SUVs too, but too much money.  The Bronco Sport is cheaper, but in my mind, looks cheaper too.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #239 on: 2021-01-28 23:02:12 »

I like the Jeep.  I like their SUVs too, but too much money.  The Bronco Sport is cheaper, but in my mind, looks cheaper too.

They are cheaper, but they do have a lot of unique options.  Jeep has always had tons of options, so now Ford is trying that too.  Jeep has prided themselves for always allowing owners to truly modify their vehicle.  The Bronco and Bronco Sport to a lesser degree will be Ford's first attempt at that. 
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Redline Automotive Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024