PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 178 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: US News & Politics  (Read 531404 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-02-12 17:46:46 »

Good read on that article too, LP.  Thanks for sharing and I agree with you.

I will vote.  This country is important to me, and I want to at least try to get it in the right direction.  There are only so many more chances we can keep using up and not having someone point us at least in the right direction.   I do think Trump wants to the country to strive, and hopefully we can at least do that economically and gain allies through that.  I feel he would keep our military strong, and we have commanders and Generals to let him know what is going on.  He can't just point and they go. 

Trump is also not my first choice, but my choices keep getting pushed around.... so we will see what happens.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-02-12 17:48:47 »

I suppose I'm just a skeptic. I don't believe when politicians have these great plans. It's always just a let down.
I have no doubt Bernie is a great guy, I just don't think he'd be a good pick for president.
And even then, I think Hillary might be taken out of the race. The FBI have officially stated they are looking into Hillary's email. Like, officially declared it. And since it was pretty obvious what happened was true, she might be facing some pretty big consequences.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-02-12 17:52:34 »

Yeah, I'm glad I found that article. I showed it to my friend (who totally has a man boner for Bernie) and he just handed my phone back quietly. He was one of those people. "You of all people should vote for Bernie! He wants to do great things for people of all races." Me be like: "so... Because I'm Latina I obviously gotta vote for Bernie?".

I'm with you APD. None of these candidates are the best choices there are. It's like that South Park episode, you always have to decide between a douche and a turd sandwich. None of them are ideal, but you have to pick one of them.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-02-12 17:53:57 »

I suppose I'm just a skeptic. I don't believe when politicians have these great plans. It's always just a let down.
I have no doubt Bernie is a great guy, I just don't think he'd be a good pick for president.
And even then, I think Hillary might be taken out of the race. The FBI have officially stated they are looking into Hillary's email. Like, officially declared it. And since it was pretty obvious what happened was true, she might be facing some pretty big consequences.

No doubt.  She (Mrs. Clinton) better face the consequences for her actions, as well as everyone else involved doing wrong.  The State Dept is also getting involved as of yesterday.  Two separate groups looking into it.

Remember, Trump is not a politician, though you could argue businessmen have to know their tactics and use them on a daily basis for business deals.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-02-12 17:57:13 »

Very true about Trump. I feel maybe he'll be more focused on trying to fix and better America before trying to better our relations with the outside. And I'm not sure how I stand on that. On the one hand, we should fix up the issues we have in our own country, but on the other hand, we don't want counties getting pissed off that we're no longer providing aid to them.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-02-12 18:02:27 »

Very true about Trump. I feel maybe he'll be more focused on trying to fix and better America before trying to better our relations with the outside. And I'm not sure how I stand on that. On the one hand, we should fix up the issues we have in our own country, but on the other hand, we don't want counties getting pissed off that we're no longer providing aid to them.

No matter what, we would still provide aid.  America as a people is more charitable then any other nation on earth, at last checked (2014?).  Just like on an airplane though, take care of yourself, before you help the person beside you.  Solve our own issues before you help others.  We do need to build up our relations with our allies like Israel.  Obama pretty much gave them the middle finger his entire presidency.  We need to work with our Asian allies and build up our European friends.  Meanwhile China is gaining major friends in Africa through development projects while the US and Europe still focus on aid, and not infrastructure.   This could really make Africa as a whole support China's interests in the long run. 

I believe Trump would be fairly liberal on social issues.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-02-13 11:11:04 »

As an admin, I keep my political opinion out of things the best I can. That is why you never see Darrin or I post in these topics. But I will say I know I want a trustworthy leader who can improve world relations with our allies and enemies. We need to improve our economy and deal with growing immigration and race issues that all were exacerbated with our current President. I think we need to find and alternatuve fuel source as well that can ease our dependence on foreign oil, that would also help please the environmentalists and reduce pollution.

While income needs to be addressed for a rising cost of living, we cant get extreme on it. It needs to be done in a smart and sustainable manner. The ongoing issues in the Middle East have to be dealt with and completed before it spreads like a cancer. Russia and North Korea need to be handled properly, and a strong focus on increasing the value of the dollar again so no other currency removes it from prominence.

These are just a few of my ideas.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-02-13 11:17:32 »

We have kind of gone into this but a more broad way. What are some top issues for people this election cycle? Maybe bullet points or something.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-02-13 11:57:25 »

Well, as for alternate fuel source, my friend invented an alternative fuel source. She's currently getting a patent for it.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-02-13 12:15:25 »

Give us a car that runs on water. That 70's show talked about it all the time.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-02-13 12:34:09 »

Well, as for alternate fuel source, my friend invented an alternative fuel source. She's currently getting a patent for it.

That would be interesting.  There is only so much corn we can produce.  I know algae was another one in the works too. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-02-13 12:36:18 »

We kinda need water for ourselves.
If it were salt water, okay.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-02-13 12:37:12 »

How did you know the alternate source used corn?

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-02-13 12:38:53 »

California can't spare more water. Get some vegatable oil vehicles on the road

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-02-13 12:47:19 »

Yeah, it's basically what she made.

Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 178 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics « previous next »
Jump to: