PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies In General 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies In General  (Read 52486 times)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #90 on: 2017-01-22 21:39:36 »

A game movie? Hmm.... Not sure how I feel about that.
But hey, it's Don Bluth, I love the man, he can do good, right?

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: 2017-01-23 07:56:30 »

Inside Out was meh. It wasn't really groundbreaking and Emily or whatever her name was is kind of boring and flat.

(in bad David Spade voice)  I liked it the first time I saw it... when it was called "Herman's Head".

What about actors we don't see much of any more? Adam Sandler lent his voice to both Hotel Transylvania movies, but it's been a few years since he's done a real film (since Jack and Jill bombed, anyway). Brendan Frasier, who enjoyed some good success with the Mummy film series, dropped out of site since his execrable adaptations of George of the Jungle and Dudley Do-Right stank on celluloid.  Pauly Shore, after a few tepid comedies in the nineties, dropped off the map.  Owing to his bizarre behavior and a  failed MTV sketch comedy twenty ears ago, Andy Dick's reputation is as laughable as his surname. Speaking of former faded celebuturds, Tom Green's name is as absent as his testicle these days. A couple of box-office bombs, rumors of him crashing a bar mitzvah dressed as Hitler, and a disasterous brief marriage to Drew Barrymore have bumped Green's name off the star map.  And, aside from an ill-fated lawsuit against the search engine, who except old duffers like me remember Yahoo Serious, star of Young Einstein and Reckless Kelly?

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #92 on: 2017-01-23 15:00:33 »

Did you guys hear that Don Bluth is raising money to pitch to a studio a hand drawn cartoon film of the cult classic game, "Dragon's Lair?" 

Source

Hmmm.  I would be interested to see what he could do.  He hasn't done a movie since like the 90s or early 2000s. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #93 on: 2017-01-24 15:29:04 »

He can do a good job.  It was his video game, and now he can tell the full story, instead of the very limited direction of the old game.  He will explain how things happened and it looks to be very action oriented, which would be great. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #94 on: 2017-01-24 15:34:21 »

I was gonna mention it was something he had worked on. My BF told me that, so it gives me more hope for this. Maybe he can make a good video game movie.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #95 on: 2017-01-24 15:42:01 »

It was an old arcade game.  He animated the whole game, as the player plaid it.  Early gaming days, but still well animated.

He said on his kickstarter that he wanted to give it a full story and make it an action and adventure film. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #96 on: 2017-03-16 22:34:52 »

Nick @ Nite was showing "The Last Airbender" movie tonight and I finally got to see it.  It saddened me because it was so broken up and had such horrible acting at times.  But the soundtrack was good and the visuals of the world were really good.  It is a shame, because this could have been a great movie, but the acting and poor script, and various events happen with no explanation.  It was such a shame that a world with so much lore was quickly zoomed over.  Stuff happened way to quickly, then the ending half of the movie happened slowly.  It had pacing issues... and I think tackling the whole first book in one film was too much to do.

I think they could still go for a second film, but it doesn't seem like that will happen, even though it did well in theaters (but got bad reviews).  Shame on what could have been a really cool series.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #97 on: 2017-03-17 21:52:26 »

That is too bad.  It would have been cool to be a new great series... but kid actors, am I right?  They kinda stink.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #98 on: 2017-03-18 07:17:14 »

Ah ah ah. Just misguided.
Look at the kid actor in The Shining. Amazing minus a few parts where he over exaggerated.

yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #99 on: 2017-03-18 23:06:19 »

What about actors we don't see much of any more? Adam Sandler lent his voice to both Hotel Transylvania movies, but it's been a few years since he's done a real film (since Jack and Jill bombed, anyway). Brendan Frasier, who enjoyed some good success with the Mummy film series, dropped out of site since his execrable adaptations of George of the Jungle and Dudley Do-Right stank on celluloid.

Wait, you dare malign the good name of George of the Jungle (1997)?!?  A curse on thee!

(Granted, it was not, exactly, a *good* film.  But from Wikipedia: "Roger Ebert awarded the movie three out of four stars, praising the film as "good-natured" and complimenting the cast's comedic performances".  I think that fits -- it was a sweet (as in "kindly") kid's film.  I liked the fun they had with the narrator.  I liked the silly humor.  That said, I wasn't invested in the original George of the Jungle cartoons, so that may help.)

I've not seen The Last Airbender, but I saw a clip of a fight sequence, and something that stood out not mentioned above is the odd, dance-y choreography they used for the bending patterns, instead of the more martial-art-y shtick they had in the original.  Not a huge deal, but I've no idea why they chose to do it that way.  The whole sequence was visually interesting, but lacked dynamism and did not feel like a "real" fight (I felt that standard infantry would be pretty effective against the benders in the clip, whereas it seemed clear that infantry would be outclassed in the original).
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #100 on: 2017-03-19 13:46:48 »

^ Haha!  :)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #101 on: 2017-03-19 13:59:12 »

George of the Jungle was a good movie?  You going to say the Flintstone movies were good too?  :P 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #102 on: 2017-03-23 21:25:14 »

Captain Underpants movie trailer has been released today...

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: 2017-03-23 21:31:07 »

I can't believe I am saying this, but they really did a good job at bringing the original book's design in CGI!  I am shocked!  It actually looks fun and well made.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #104 on: 2017-03-23 21:31:40 »

We also got Pixar's new trailer for their new movie, Coco!

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies In General « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024