PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Look What I Found! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Look What I Found!  (Read 19976 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: 2017-06-12 18:42:52 »

CHUCKANUT DRIVE

Chuckanut Drive is a cool road in Washington State, just south of scenic Bellingham and Fairhaven.  It clings along a forested mountain range that slides down into the icy waters below.  It is a historic road with lots of winding curves, bridges, etc.  Also I can not tell you how many water falls there are along the road.  There are several as you drive around.  Many look out points too, and massive trees.  It is densely forested and truly scenic and beautiful.  One of the prettiest roads I have been on, and I've been on many roads.

Awesome pic here.  Spin the camera around 360 degrees.  I have it pointing to the San Juan Islands, then if you turn completely around, you see the Cascade Mountain Range.  The big snowy mountain is Mount Baker, the snowiest place in America.

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

That is awesome! Some mountain roads are super high, it' s kind of freaky.  I like this one though, because you are still close to the water, unless you are worried of rolling off the cliff.  Luckily I see railings and old cement retaining walls.  Looks very pretty.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2017-06-15 15:06:14 »

That's a pretty cool area. 
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2017-06-16 16:16:37 »

I am really pleased to see people sharing already!  This is wonderful!  I love seeing what you've shared.  Mendicino is very quaint and Chuckanut Drive is a beautiful road with lovely scenery. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2017-06-28 13:51:18 »

Nice stuff everyone so far.

I cant imagine living so remote like that. But I guess that is all so many of them know being raised there. Cool find.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2017-08-27 22:09:42 »

I'm going to have to find some cool places to share with you guys.  I like the idea of this topic, it's just I don't take the time to contribute.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2017-08-29 23:15:22 »

Check out this totally random island I found in the Pacific Ocean.  It's called Pitcairn Island.  It is apparently home to the wreck of the famous ship, the HMS Bounty.  It is so tiny and remote, and there is a town on the island!  I can't imagine living there!

Here is the island main gateway and dock. Image

Here is the island's main government and post office.

The island's cafe.

On one edge of the island there is a road that runs along a steep ridged cliff with the ocean below!  Amazing views, but scary.

Found this crazy hairpin corner.

Amazing view of these stairs that go down to these rocks on the water.  Zoom around and check out the waves going over the rocks.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2017-08-30 15:32:28 »

Isn't that mind boggling?  And there are people who live there and that is all they know.  They know every inch of that island like their home and some never plan to leave.  It is a totally different mentality and lifestyle, one that most of us here on the mainland could never understand.

Great find, Smiles.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2017-08-30 21:00:05 »

Wow!  What a place! Some of those locations seem scary!  I would begin to feel trapped there.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2017-11-20 12:50:47 »

I've been trying to find more remote place to share too.  BING MAPS actually has good remote locations in the US compared to Google...
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: 2018-02-04 22:00:08 »

Mount Angel in Venezuela is so cool!  Check out some of these Google Maps pics.

Ground level view

From above the waterfall

If you search Mount Angel falls you will find much better pics then these, but I wanted to share this.  It's pretty sweet.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2018-02-06 12:43:54 »

It's seriously like it just comes from nowhere!  Very cool looking!
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2018-02-06 22:21:00 »

I've seen that place before in pictures and video.  It's amazing.

Doesn't really seem real in some pics.
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2018-02-06 22:43:50 »

Oh daaayum.

SNEE
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2018-02-07 13:08:19 »

Nice find Grapefoot.  The movie UP! took a lot of inspiration from this actual place.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2018-02-07 13:31:19 »

To put it into perspective, it's even crazier when you realize how already high in elevation that is!
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Look What I Found! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024