PSF
News: Read the news section about important information regarding site contacts.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  Creative  >  Authors  >  Topic: Tangled story (F, the television series) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Print
Author Topic: Tangled story (F, the television series)  (Read 185 times)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2017-11-21 16:22:20 » Reply with quote

Bring Back What Once Was Yours

On a particular rainy day in a small kingdom a certain princess sighed what could have been the longest sigh the king and queen had ever heard.

“What is the matter?” The king looked worryingly at his daughter. His name was King Fredrick, and he was a burly, headstrong, stubborn king but ruled with fairness and compassion. He also was the biggest reason why his daughter was so…so…so bored!

“When I came here I didn’t want to know that living the princess life would be so similar to her way of life. Can’t do this, can’t do that, don’t go here, father I want to go places and do new things! I don’t want to be trapped in a castle instead of a tower.”

Rapunzel was usually very bright and very pleasant to be around, but it had been raining for three straight days now. King Fredrick was overprotective and even if her friend Cassandra had helped her escape and be free on more than one occasion, it was impossible to get out when both the king and queen were stuck in the castle too with rain keeping everyone inside. Rapunzel was beginning to wonder if mother nature had some kind of problem with the adventurous princess.

Queen Arianna, hearing the conversation, walked up and held her daughter’s hair and began to stroke it. Ever since her long hair had mysteriously grown back to its blonde, insanely long length, the king was weary and had even more reason to be overprotective but Arianna was more understanding and accepted this fate. The queen was kind, sympathetic, and had spent a lot of time while she could with Rapunzel. Stroking the long hair was an action of comfort, and Rapunzel’s anxious, bored attitude melted away in her mother’s gentle strokes. The girl curled up next to her mother, letting her worries and stress die down and she just let herself enjoy the moment.

King Fredrick couldn’t help but smile, even if he was still worried. When would his daughter just act like a real princess and simmer down? Perhaps she never would…all the more reason to keep watch over her. As a dark haired handmaiden poked her head out, spying on what Rapunzel was doing at the moment, the king noticed her and signaled for the girl to come to him.

Cassandra knew when to submit and not resist. She came to the king and he spoke with her a little bit. Cassandra was quite the sight. Unlike the kindhearted, beautiful queen and the stunningly pretty Rapunzel with her incredible hair, Cassandra was more spry and had an athetic but graceful appearance to her. Her own hair was short but frayed, several strands of hair never quite staying in place compared to the hairstyle she wanted to have. Her eyes were hazel, and her nose always had a flush to it in color, as if she’d smelled enough animal hair and dust to last a lifetime. Matter of fact she had…but she knew it was part of her duty.

Cassandra was loyal, to the point of being an incredible figure to have around. She was tough, determined, and fierce. King Fredrick knew of her relationship with his daughter and trusted her to keep Rapunzel safe.

“Cassandra, listen. You need to keep Rapunzel out of trouble. Arianna may have pacified her for the moment but I can tell my daughter is more than restless. No matter what she says to you, keep her in the castle until the rain stops.”

Cassandra nodded and the king gave a relieved sigh. Cassandra’s eyes rolled but she didn’t react any more than that. He walked out of the room, knowing that Cassandra would be near his daughter now at all times today. The queen, with her green eyes and long brown hair, smiled and looked at the handmaiden.

“I will leave now my special one. Do no…nohh…” The queen’s green eyes got uneasy and Rapunzel curiously looked upwards.

“What’s the matter? Is there something…”

“HiETsho!” The queen suddenly sneezed, not able to stifle the urge in time. It was quite the sight. The queen doing something as unroyallike as sneezing. The queen stood up and blushed.

“Please forgive me. I se…seem t-ta…aa..HiiEETSshoo!” Once again a sneeze quickly seized the queen and both Rapunzel and Cassandra couldn’t help but giggle. The queen may have been a sweetheart, but she had a strength in her that not many saw…and her sneezes were strong when the queen couldn’t control herself. Cassandra knew why the queen had the sudden sneezy feeling. Cassandra had a feather duster behind her back, quite the everyday tool for a handmaiden to have, but for someone like the queen that was always in speck-and-spam clean living quarters the dusty particles from that duster were toying with the delicate nostrils of the queen.

As the queen got a deeper blush she followed where her husband had gone, leaving Cassandra and the spunky princess alone. Rapunzel lightly shoved her best friend in the shoulder and Cassandra burst out in a fit of giggles. “I knew you did that on purpose. Why tease my mom like that?”

“Because I needed her gone quicker than she was going to be so we could make our move. Whenever your mom starts to say she’ll leave she stays with you at least a few more minutes.” With a gleam in her eyes that Rapunzel knew the princess clapped her hands.

“YES! Oh thank you so much Cass!”

“Truth be told I’ve been antsy too being cooped up in here. Rainy days suck for me just as bad as for the royals. I hate chores with a passion.”

Rapunzel had renewed energy and while Cassandra quickly changed her outfit from the handmaiden look to her outfit she typically wore while traveling outside the palace Rapunzel worked on her hair, braiding it so it wouldn’t be completely uncontrollable while they snuck out of the palace.

“You ready?”
“You bet I am!”

The two young ladies made their way through the halls, avoiding the queen and king’s room, and Rapunzel was once again impressed with how graceful and stealthy Cassandra was. Without her…life in the palace wouldn’t be the same. As they got outside the wet rain fell on them, and both of them held their arms wide and let the rain drip on them. Rapunzel twirled around and Cassandra just stood and admired how full of life and energy her friend was. It was cute watching the princess get a kick out of the simpliest things.

“Come on girl, we can’t catch cold out here.”

“Aww…alright Cass. You’re right but I hate missing out on fun while I have the chance.”

The two friends made their way through the rain to a familiar tavern, the Ugly Duckling. To no one’s surprise the place was practically empty. Rain kept many visitors away, including the ones that stayed there the most. Rapunzel beamed a happy smile as she stroked her long braided hair, getting water out of it. She was oddly fascinated with her amazing hair. It may have lost its magic healing but it was so sturdy and strong it could protect her from anything…but it still managed to get soaked like normal hair would.

Being in the familiar tavern, her mom stroking her hair earlier, and the feeling of being free made Rapunzel feel very nostalgic. It was like the old days, back when she and Flynn were escaping Mother Gothel. Looking right at her hair Rapunzel decided to sing a song she loved but had both good and bad memories with it.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine.

Her hair faintly glowed but she knew the healing power was lost. For some reason she felt the need to sing the second verse again, so she did what her heart told her to do.

Heal what has been hurt
Change the Fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine

Cassandra smiled and did a little clap. “Your voice could sooth a raging Maximus, and that’s harder to do than to sooth a monster. Why did you sing that particular song now?”

“I dunno Cass. I just felt like si…sii…hh…” Rapunzel’s nose was visibly flinching and as it did a hitching sniffle Cassandra quickly put a forefinger under the nose and used her other free hand to push against Rapunzel’s forehead. She had moved in a blink of an eye.

“Hm…no fever. False alarm.” Cassandra removed her forefinger and Rapunzel, unprepared at her friend’s quick release, had her nose sniffle and her hitching breaths started all over again.

“Hh…hehh…wha…what’d yaahh…ya do tha…taa-aah…that for?”

“I was checking to see if a cold was beginning, but it seems your nose just has a tickle is all. Heh…I guess your mom isn’t the only one with a soft weak nose.”

“He…hehh…hey! Ta…taaahh…take tha…thaaahhh…that back!” Rapunzel was having an adorable battle with herself and Cassandra couldn’t help but burst out laughing. Rapunzel had a little bit of a smile, a little laughing expression, but mostly it was a sneezy expression. The mix of all these expressions was priceless to see on such a spunky, upbeat person.

“AA…aaa…ahhhhhh…” Rapunzel knew from past experience that she was going to sneeze now. Whenever her hitching breaths got that forceful and then a long drawn out hitch, a sneeze was bound to follow. It was strange though…she hadn’t sneezed like this in what felt like forever. Maybe…maybe her song…

“HAATCCHeeew! I…Iihh…IITCCHew!” Rapunzel’s nose blossomed with a pink color all around it as her sneezes barreled out of her, making her waist bend forward and her long hair whipped behind her head.

“Very royallike princess. Very…refined.” Cassandra laughed out loud and Rapunzel rubbed her ticklish nose back and forth with one of her fingers.

“Whew…you know, I haven’t sneezed like that in a really long time.”

“Huh? What do you mean?” Cassandra stopped laughing as Rapunzel’s cheerful look was surprisingly thoughtful at that moment. Whenever she had that thoughtful look it meant something was bothering her.

“I mean…this may sound crazy, but I haven’t sneezed at all since after my escape from the towehhhh…tow…tahh…hahhhh…AA-Aaa…aaaahhhhhhhh………….” Rapunzel had a hand out in front of her with a single finger raised, signaling to Cass to wait for it. After a few seconds Rapunzel’s waist surged forward as her brightly colored nose guided her face in an arc motion.

“HAAATCCCHEEEEWWWWWW!” Rapunzel blinked a few times after this massive sneeze, surprising herself with the strength of what just exploded out of her little nostrils.

“The song…I think the song m…mi…miiihhh…might stihhh…still haa…haahhh…have power t-t-to i…ihhhh….IT…………….HIIITCCCCCHEEEWWW!” Rapunzel this time had her already bent waist go all the way to her legs as she sneezed so hard her nose smacked her legs. The long braided hair whipped forward, the tip of the long braid smacking Cassandra on the shoulder. It was faint, but a slight glow was throughout her hair the moment Rapunzel sneezed each sneeze. Cassandra didn’t notice this until just now, but it was already too late. Her hair had touched Cassandra, and the words of the song flashed in Cassandra’s mind…specifically “bring back what once was mine.” Uh oh…that…wasn’t a good thing for Cass.

Rapunzel felt as if the tickle in her nose vanished. She smiled with relief and made herself stand straight up. “Yeah. Back when I was with Mother Gothel the tower always had a damp chill in the air whenever it rained, and my nose always got super itchy when it rained for more than a few hours at a time. I guess my past memories must’ve triggered my sneezing fit…hey Cass, you ok? You look like you’re gonna cry.”

Cassandra’s nose may have had a usual flush to it so it was harder to tell, but right now her nose felt like tiny feathers were swishing inside each nostril. Cassandra once was a little girl that had an allergic reaction to all kinds of things. Dust, feathers, pollen, animal fur, Cassandra use to have such a weak immune system all kinds of things set off her nose. Cassandra had trained hard to get her nose to stop being so ‘weak’ and for days and even weeks she had placed countless allergens in front of herself, gradually getting an immunity to each thing that made her nose vulnerable. It was torture, but that was the kind of determination Cassandra had. She had to overcome her weaknesses in order to become a stronger person, and to her allergies were one of those weaknesses. Whatever that song had with its power, it brought back what once was hers…and Cass felt the old but hauntingly familiar tickle that had plagued her for years before her training.

“I need t…to…snehh…sneehhh…sneeaa…aa…a-a-aaa…aamPHHMMH!” Cassandra’s elbow shoved its way in front of her face, smothering the sneeze. Rapunzel gently walked up to her friend, who now actually was crying. Sneezy allergic tears were in each eye and the fight to not sneeze was strong with this girl. Rapunzel took Cassandra’s arm and whispered to her friend, “don’t be like my father. Let yourself be free, not confined.”

“B-but I…I ca…caan’t sneeze…I nee…nehh…need to be al-aa-always aa…aa…alert and a-a-attentive…how ca…caannn…can I protect you when I can’t even prote…ehh…protect myself?” Cassandra sniffled long and hard, and the allergy build up intensified inside her nostrils. The color on her usually flushed nose was now a bright pink color.

“I gue…guess you’re right…I ha…haaa…haven’t let myself sneehh…sneehhh…sneezaaa-aa-AATCHOOO! AACHOOO!” By far Cassandra had the most non-girly sneeze Rapunzel had ever heard…which wasn’t saying much since she was trapped in a tower most of her life, but still. Rapunzel went to a counter and got a few tissues. Cassandra was in the middle of another sneeze by the time the princess got back.

“Just…let it go.” Rapunzel said. Cass had been fighting the sneeze again, and the princess’s soft words seem to coax the sneeze right out.

“HAA-AACHOOOOOOOOO! Ugh man…I ain’t gonna lie…sneezing freely feels oddly super satisfying after keeping them in for who knows how long. My nose hasn’t felt this kind of relief in a super long time.”

“Hahahaaha!” Rapunzel burst out laughing. “I was thinking the same thing when I started sneezing. You know Cass…I’m glad you got us out of the castle. It isn’t every day we can bond over something like this.”

“Something weird you mean…but I get what you mean. Who knew sneezes of all things were something we had in c…c…comme…eehhh…common……..HEEAAAACCCHOOOO!”

Rapunzel gave a thumbs up. “Yep! We both have strength inside us. I guess our sneezes just show it more openly than most things.” Rapunzel smiled and Cass returned the smile. Both girls had bright pink noses but they didn’t mind. They simply enjoyed the time they had together, whether they were sneezing or not sneezing.

By the time they returned to the castle however, the king and queen were both aware they had snuck out. It was incredibly obvious when both girls had a particularly ticklish nose that had betrayed them while they were sneaking back inside their room.

"AACHOOOO!"
"EHTSSHEWW!"

Two loud sneezes echoed through the palace walls. In the end though, the queen kept the king away. She herself had a tickle linger in her nose all day long thanks to the stunt that Cassandra pulled with the duster earlier. The king couldn’t be mad at his daughter sneezing when the queen herself was also a sneezy wreck all day long today.

“I guess this rainy day wasn’t a boring one after all.” He said to himself.

(If anyone does not know what these characters look like here are pictures of them :)

This is the queen
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/rise-of-the-brave-tangled-dragons/images/3/37/Tumblr_ln3l1sw5t31qhfgcyo1_500.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/400?cb=20140313231423
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/_img/chars/queen-arianna--6.92.jpg

This is Rapunzel herself
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/40400000/Rapunzel-and-Cassandra-tangled-the-series-40424351-640-360.png
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/_img/chars/rapunzel-tangled-2.75.jpg

The character in the show is Cassandra
handmaiden look https://78.media.tumblr.com/c8e5c907ba081dc57ae0bf2cade4680b/tumblr_op8nrioJQb1sf0d1no8_1280.png
her typical outside look
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/13/71/e2/1371e230ae13d9bd6ee5b145aef7b387.jpg
AnyPoneDrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2017-11-21 22:28:32 » Reply with quote

I haven't read it yet, but I will.  Did you write this?
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-11-22 14:43:24 » Reply with quote

Yes I did write this story :)
Rainberry
Master Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-11-23 00:01:20 » Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this, MS! :D  I like how you wrote the characters and the sneezes were great! :D  I think it is awesome reading what you wrote and I really enjoyed that read!  You also described moments well as well as the sneezes themselves and how they were done.  Thumbs up, MS! :D  Thank you.

mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2017-11-24 00:12:16 » Reply with quote

I am glad Rainberry ^^ Thank you very much for the comment!

You are welcome =)
Soda
Master Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2017-11-24 12:58:06 » Reply with quote

This was great.  I could totally get on board with more writing from you or a mini-series of this with you writing it!  Not only was it thoughtfully written and detailed, YOU even wrote a song for it!  That was wonderful.  Absolutely fun to read and well worth my time!  I hope we get to see more writing from you!  I loved it.
AnyPoneDrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2017-11-25 12:07:40 » Reply with quote

Yes I did write this story :)

That is awesome, because I read it late last night and... WOW.  NICE JOB! :D  I really love the attention to detail you portrayed her nostrils quivering, or just even little movements, etc!  I thought it was written with care and really well done!  A magnificent read!  Thank you!
RainySunshine
Master Member

Not Self-Proclaimed Artist

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2017-11-27 16:03:56 » Reply with quote

Reading this tonight.  Thats the goal!
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2017-11-27 23:01:32 » Reply with quote

I'm very thankful for the comments! =) Soda I am happy to hear that. I will try to write more often, and honestly the song isn't mine. The original Tangled movie has that same song in it. I just thought it would be interesting if that song could be somehow sneeze related and I am glad someone appreciated the use of the song ^^ I am happy you enjoyed the story. I plan on writing more after my semester finals are done.

APD, thank you for taking time to read this story! I know it is a lot of words X_X I enjoy the little nose and movement details with a sneeze.

Rainy, take your time. No worries! Written stories take time to read. One of the reasons I love pictures of sneezes by you and other artists here on PSF is in one image or one page of a few face expressions a story in just that image or images can be shown by themselves. Written stories have a lot of time consuming effort to read XD An image is definitely easier to see and way less time consuming to fully enjoy.

« Last Edit: 2017-11-27 23:01:55 by mysteryserpent » Logged
Silverwing
Master Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2017-11-28 12:01:44 » Reply with quote

I agree with what others have said so far, this was really good.  Thank you for writing this and sharing it.  It is a lot of work to write, especially with the care you did in this.  I liked the sneezes and how you described build up, nostril flares, twitches, etc.  Nice job on this!
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2017-11-30 12:48:41 » Reply with quote

This was really good and enjoyable to read, MYS.  Thank you so much. :)  I liked how you descriptor the characters too, ha ha.  The part describing Cassandra's nose made me laugh.  I always thought of her as continually having a stuffed up nose... or drunk. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):):):):)
RainySunshine
Master Member

Not Self-Proclaimed Artist

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2017-11-30 13:20:22 » Reply with quote

I did take my time... or I was going too, until I got HOOKED on the storyline!  Very impressive writing and a good story to boot!  Very much enjoyed this one, MS.
TheBeesSneeze
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2017-12-05 13:47:02 » Reply with quote

Nicely written.  I personally enjoyed how you described the sneezes and built up the situations leading up to some key sneezes.  Nicely done.

Was this done for fun or a long term project?
Kiwi

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2017-12-11 21:07:48 » Reply with quote

This was a lot of good stuff in here!  I liked the story!  Thanks for posting it for us to read.
Pages: [1] Reply Print 
PSF  >  Creative  >  Authors  >  Topic: Tangled story (F, the television series) « previous next »
Jump to:  
+ Quick Reply
With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2017