PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  Creative  >  Artwork  >  Topic: Running a Contest. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Running a Contest.  (Read 526 times)
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« on: 2018-07-09 09:02:55 »

I didn't know where to post this so move me if it's the wrong room!

I'm running a contest on Deviant art, it's a celebration of Skyiler *as you know him* being alive for 10 years.

So yeah :D contest, look in my journal ^-^

https://www.deviantart.com/umeko/journal/Reminder-of-Contest-752914059

Since there are some really talented artists here I wanted to post this here and give people a chance to join in ^-^
« Last Edit: 2018-08-12 22:42:33 by Umbreon » Logged

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
ppl16

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2018-07-09 09:22:46 »

Oooooh! Do you have to have a DA to enter?

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2018-07-09 11:13:55 »

Oooooh! Do you have to have a DA to enter?

I am running it on FA too the prices are the same just minus the points cause FA don't use points XD
https://www.furaffinity.net/journal/8748547/ The journal is there

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-07-09 14:25:55 »

Happy birthday to him.  Almost as old as my longest running character in a comic series I started in 1996.  Still going strong. :)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-07-09 19:09:06 »

This would probably fit in the art board. 
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2018-08-01 14:57:08 »

Reminder of my contest! It's the 1st of august now the contest ends on the 10th, you got 9 days

https://www.furaffinity.net/journal/8826896/

https://www.deviantart.com/umeko/journal/Contest-reminder-757384346

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2018-08-12 11:11:32 »

Deadline has been pushed back to the 31st

ppl16

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2018-08-17 04:10:35 »

HD: https://imgur.com/a/xTzu8PU

My entry. :) I always felt like his lunar markings had a slight glow.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2018-08-17 09:39:10 »

Very cool. :)
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2018-08-17 10:21:56 »

HD: https://imgur.com/a/xTzu8PU

My entry. :) I always felt like his lunar markings had a slight glow.

Woah thanks so nice! :D I'm so glad I'm getting judges I could never choose, so many nice ones coming in XD

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: 2018-08-31 10:01:20 »

Entries are now closed.
The judges will look over the entries over the weekend and results will be posted asap :D
Thank you all who entered.
So many lovely pieces came in.
No matter who the top three are, you're all amazing :D

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2018-08-31 18:26:58 »

1st- Wolfymewmew @ DA It shows the best example of design, proportions, and coloring.

2nd- Knyte @ Furaffinity The flat palette and overall design is decent and really shines as a younger kinda Skyiler.

3rd- Wolfstar15 @ DA  Their use of color and lighting takes what would have been a rather flat headshot and really brings out the small details.

Runners ups:
Pplove- great use of color, decent lighting. Facial proportions and structure convey a nice bit of emotion. The use of so much dark shadowing kinda dims the piece, however.

Cocoa/mandi/sangy- all three show decent coloring and line work. Proportions and scaling take away a bit, but overall theyre still something id proudly say "lookit what my friends did!"

Sushi- another great example of color use. However, the posing and shadowing without a point of reference makes the piece seem a bit...robotic. overall still a good piece though.

---

Thank you all for entering, you're all amazing I love all these pictures, I'm gonna grab them all and snuggle with them <3

I shall contact the top three about the prizes :3

Thank you again I might hold another contest in the future.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2018-08-31 22:14:42 »

Congrats to everyone who participated.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  Creative  >  Artwork  >  Topic: Running a Contest. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024