PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Video Games 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 137575 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #285 on: 2018-10-08 15:53:20 »

A lot of negative feedback from gamers about Fallout 76.  People were already mad it was an online only game that FORCES you to be online all the time.  There is NO single player aspect.  Even more are now upset about the graphics calling them "subpar."  Now IGN has come out and said the world is very empty.... uh oh....

"Bethesda might have taken the unexpected sideways step of turning another of its largest single-player properties into a multiplayer game, but I don’t think I’d term this a “massively” multiplayer RPG. "

Source 1
Source 2

Is this game going to be a strike out?  Many fans are worried.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #286 on: 2018-10-12 14:52:25 »

Game Informer isn't too sure they liked Fallout 76 either...

They test demoed for three hours, and they weren't sure they really liked it.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-12 14:52:57 by Silverwing » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #287 on: 2018-10-12 15:00:50 »

I watched that 3hr demo thing and it looked extremely boring.  It was just jumping from point A to point B with little to no interaction.  It looked like a step backwards for a Bethesda game.  And why is it if in this game, you are the first person to leave the vaults in the US.... why are there tons of other people around still?  And they looked clean.

Kotaku and IGN are also not thinking this Fallout will be not so good.  So far no one is really praising it.

I am calling it right here and right now, that if they don't do a major overhaul and delay it, this game will be a major bomb and a failure.  I hope they don't do this kind of thing to Elder Scrolls.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-12 15:01:07 by Wolfwood » Logged
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #288 on: 2018-10-13 19:07:37 »

Yeah, it's probably gonna be a failure. Especially since it's ONLINE ONLY. Games where you have to be connected to the internet at all times are always doomed to fail. Because once there's no internet connection, or the servers get shut down, bye bye game.

I'm just sitting here hoping for another game like Fallout New Vegas.

SNEE
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #289 on: 2018-10-14 00:15:26 »

Why do game companies keep trying to make this online only stuff?  Everyone seems to hate it, yet they keep pushing it.
Miggs
Master Member

Email
« Reply #290 on: 2018-10-14 10:46:17 »

It might have to do something with money. I wouldn't really understand much about it. It's kind of like asking why they're still doing loot boxes or battle royale mode. They're over saturated and people are annoyed by them, but they sell.

SNEE
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #291 on: 2018-10-14 12:24:11 »

I don't honestly see myself how continually online makes a developer more money.  I can see why an online mode gives them more money such as online updates and DLC, but that can also be done with "not always online" games too.  So I am not sure.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #292 on: 2018-10-14 14:58:33 »

Video of a tester for Fallout 76.  He states he is excited and had fun, but in goes in depth why he thinks it's so far very shallow and why the fun won't last long unless they can deepen the game.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #293 on: 2018-10-14 15:07:01 »

I have never been a Fallout fan, always felt their games are flat.  But Skyrim was the same way.  Bethesda has been producing some weak titles lately, even with the acclaim Skyrim got.  They've dumbed down every game lately, and there are just so many other games that do a better job at what they do.... Let me introduce you to the Witcher III. 

Skyrim was a big deal and stayed a big deal, but now we can look back and see how little it did.  Same with all the Fallout titles.  Oblivion did more then Skyrim, and Morrowind did more then both.  Bethesda has been making extremely buggy games and doesn't even try to fix them.

Very few games are holding up and showing that they are worth while.  You got your GTA V single player, Witcher III, and a few others.  Bethesda needs to step up their game and make something truly incredible.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-14 15:07:52 by RainySunshine » Logged
Miggs
Master Member

Email
« Reply #294 on: 2018-10-14 19:56:21 »

I'd like to throw in my two cents and say that New Vegas is an excellent example of a 3d Fallout game. Which Bethesda didn't have too much of a part in, btw. Obsidian made the game.

I still need to get to playing GTAV. I dunno so much about Witcher 3. I kiiiiind of want to try it out, but my interest is very minimal.

SNEE
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #295 on: 2018-10-14 23:21:10 »

I dunno so much about Witcher 3. I kiiiiind of want to try it out, but my interest is very minimal.

My interest was zero.  I played it... it changed how I viewed storytelling and game quality.  Such a diverse and massive game with an amazingly detailed world.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-14 23:21:26 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #296 on: 2018-11-01 22:53:57 »

RED DEAD REDEMPTION II SALES UPDATE

Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games announced that Red Dead Redemption 2 sold through more than $725 million worth in its first three days of sales. That indicates roughly 10 million copies sold at the outset (and if you consider average game prices, 12 million units at $60 each), according to analyst Ben Schachter at Macquarie Research. And it means that game sales could hit 15 million or 20 million copies sold by the end of Christmas, he said. Based on my own take, that means the game could be profitable by the end of the year.

Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold about 70 percent as well as Grand Theft Auto V in its first three days. Schachter’s own estimate for sales in the initial quarter are at 15 million copies, a conservative number, and he said that investor expectations are at 20 million copies. If Red Dead stays at the 70 percent level, 20 million is doable by early December, Schachter said in a report. With an average rating of 97 out of 100 on review aggregator Metacritic, the prospects look good.  At 20 million copies sold, overall revenue for Rockstar Games would be $860 million.

So we take revenue estimated at $860 million, and then costs of $540 million, and this game will have a profit of $320 million by December 31. Add to that revenues from Red Dead Online, which are likely to be good. The breakeven point would be about 12.5 million games sold.

Pachter estimates that Take-Two gets $100 million in revenue per quarter from GTA Online, which has been out for five years. That’s been a huge success, with the peak quarter at maybe $125 million. It will take Red Dead Online some time to ramp up its revenues. But it’s a conservative bet to say it could generate $50 million per quarter for Take-Two, or an additional $200 million a year. It will have costs as well, but not nearly as much as it took to create the game.

Into perspective, GTA V broke sales records of all forms of entertainment when released.  Rockstar and experts never thought RDR II would even come close to what GTA V, and they didn't expect it too.  That wasn't the goal.  GTA V broke records including the Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours and the Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion.  GTA V sold nearly 12 million copies in the first 24hrs and hit over $1 billion in sales in less than three days.

Full list of Grand Theft Auto V record-breaking achievements:

1. Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours

2. Best-selling videogame in 24 hours

3. Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion

4. Fastest videogame to gross $1 billion

5. Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours

6. Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #297 on: 2018-11-11 16:48:34 »

‘Fallout 76’ day one patch is 52 GB, bigger than the 45 GB game.  <That usually isn't a good sign.  Means they were worried about a lot and had to change a lot. 

Most early reviews are saying the game is extremely glitchy and has tons of mistakes.  Many are game breaking. In the BETA, people reported many problems, but Bethesda has said those bugs are here to stay for the game release.  There are no NPCs.  People are saying the game is empty and dead.

The Shakiest Vault-Tec Experiment Yet.

Game comes out Nov 14, 2018.

We will wait for more big companies to release their reviews.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-11 23:18:29 by Wolfwood » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #298 on: 2018-11-11 16:50:10 »

RED DEAD REDEMPTION II SALES UPDATE

'Red Dead Redemption 2' has already outpaced previous installment's total sales, Take-Two CEO says.  17 million units have been sold.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #299 on: 2018-11-11 17:01:32 »

It isn't a good single player game.  It's an okay game if you have a friend to play with online.

But my hopes aren't high for this new Fallout.  I don't plan to buy it. I just want a good single player game.  Hopefully the next Elder Scrolls will be that game.

Pages: < 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Video Games « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024