PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 178 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: US News & Politics  (Read 542351 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #480 on: 2016-09-21 14:54:46 »

Dallas Law Enforcement organization sues Pres. Obama and Black Lives Matters for starting race war and anti-police violence.

Clinton Campaign blows through over $50million a month, towering over Trump's dollars.

Hillary's lead continues to drop.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #481 on: 2016-09-21 20:49:19 »

I'm mad.  Here we are, the second night in a row of riots happening in Charlotte, and I don't know if they people even know what they are doing out there.  We got a President who supports, Black Lives Matters, and their improper handling of these cases.  When Obama was first president, there was a police involved shooting in Cambridge, MA, and Obama shamed the officers.  Turns out the President was wrong as the evidence and facts supported the officers.  We had Trevon Martin, and that turned out to be completely wrong, the facts didn't add up for any of this.  The events in Ferguson, there was never someone get shot in the back, no hands up.  We've had many cases such as the Baltimore cops, all of whom, evidence showed they were not guilty in their case, and now we have this most recent event where now the Charlotte Police Chief and media have said this guy had a gun as he was coming to the police! 

Black Lives Matters claim he didn't have a gun and was holding a book.  Doesn't even matter at this point... WHAT DOES RIOTING do to solve anything?  Why are you looting your own businesses from people in your own community to begin with? 

We have a black president who could come on tonight, tomorrow morning, and actually do good to help these race relations issues HE started again.  We have gone back like thirty years under this President, Eric Holder, and others within the White House.  This is wrong, and it needs to stop.  Will President Obama come of tv tonight and tell people to stop rioting?  Nope.  He will come out tomorrow and support them like he has done for years. 

As well, how is Obama standing there while his home city of Chicago BURNS?  Over 3,000 deaths.... WHAT THE HELL?  Why doesn't he do something?  Say something to all his supporters?  No instead he perpetuates the violence by encouraging them with it's their right to express themselves, and yes it is... but not so stupidly. 

I'm sick of these racial issues that have only become a problem under this Presidency.  It was never this bad before (in the reasonable past).  It's like we are back in the 60s or something, and we don't have a leader who will lead.  Instead he encourages the protests, and he has done all he can to make law enforcement the enemy, especially if it is not federal law enforcement.

Not too long ago the president pushed for a federal law enforcement agency, a single police force for the entire country, something like Canada does with the RCMP ... you know why he wants that?  So it can all be controlled by the president.  The biggest police force all under the control of the White House.... now thats scary.

Video

So far tonight, at least one protester has been shot and killed, but not by police.  Charlotte police have not fired a single shot all night so far.  This protester was shot by another civilian protester.... 
« Last Edit: 2016-09-21 20:54:47 by Grapefoot » Logged

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #482 on: 2016-09-21 21:33:05 »

We had Trevon Martin, and that turned out to be completely wrong, the facts didn't add up for any of this.
Just one thing.

Trevon Martin did nothing wrong. Nothing. The only thing he did "wrong" was look suspicious because he had his hood up. There is audio evidence that the man who shot him shot him for no reason. On the phone with the police he asked "should I shoot him?" And the operators told him "no, wait until the police arrive." And he shot Trevon anyway.

That is the only shooting that got blown up that I stand behind. Trevon did nothing wrong. And I also loathe how Zimmerman was constantly white washed throughout the whole thing. He was Hispanic. Not white. I hated people making that into a white on black person crime.

#DicksOutForTrevon.

I agree with everything else about BLM, though. Except the bit about Trevon.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-21 21:37:15 by LP » Logged

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #483 on: 2016-09-21 21:41:10 »

I'm mad too.  Things crumble and fall apart when their is poor leadership.  We sadly have the poorest leadership at the top right now, and things are falling apart around us. 

Not just on the local scene within our nation, but outside of our country.  Internationally, relations with most countries are at an all time low, and the world is just a few clicks away from going into a massive world war.  We have poor leadership to thank for that not only in the United States, but many other allied nations. 
yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #484 on: 2016-09-22 07:40:45 »

I too have a great aversion to BLM.  It hurts to see them proclaim goals I care about, and then repeatedly turn everything into a shitfight.

Racial issues have been awful forever.  Never mind the 60s, surely you've not forgotten LA 1992?  There have been lulls in the early eighties, late nineties, and briefly in the late naughties, but a year without race-related disquiet is the exception, not the rule: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_racial_violence_in_the_United_States

That said, there does seem to have been a spate of it in the last few years.  But I'm confident that more populist polemic dickery is the last thing we need, and so I am horrified by a Trump presidency, for his being a demagogue, and horrified by a Clinton presidency, for her being so establishment she might as well be bedrock, and thus she almost certainly stands to greatly increase the number and volume of other populist demagogues.

I personally prefer Obama to either of the nominees.  To my view, he's been a fairly boring President.  If I can say the same thing about the POTUS in 4 years time, I'll consider that a remarkable success.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #485 on: 2016-09-22 11:32:51 »

I personally prefer Obama to either of the nominees.  To my view, he's been a fairly boring President.  If I can say the same thing about the POTUS in 4 years time, I'll consider that a remarkable success.

If you consider that the United States is in it's weakest state since WWII, then I guess that a success....  Respect is at an all time low, government control is an all time high, unemployment, people on food stamps, relying on the government, all time highs.  Crime is back on the increase after years of decline.  Obamacare struggling to pay for itself.  Race relations burning.  Obama's legacy?  Populism... is that even good, Obama is to blame for the rise of that if it happens.  North Korea, Russia, China, the Middle East.  Yeah, thats a remarkable success story.

I'm worried about both of our next possible leaders.  Scared beyond belief actually.  But someone needs to step up and be a leader. 
« Last Edit: 2016-09-22 11:34:34 by Grapefoot » Logged

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #486 on: 2016-09-22 13:06:55 »

Hadn't Trump been getting chummy with Putin? If so, that's probably for the best. It's better to have them as our allies. As my friend said a while back, if anyone could take America's military force completely head on, it would probably be Russia's.

Both candidates are scary in their own right. But I'd prefer one that doesn't constantly look like they're dying.

One thing I really hate about BLM is how they just ignore the bad things African Americans have also done. It's something I respect about Latinos, though I may be bias, if you'd ask many of them, even the poor ones they do admit Latin Americans can do shitty stuff and have done violent things. Most BLM acts like it's completely racist to say stuff like that. When it's true. Black on Black crime is extremely high, higher than white on black crime at least.

Can you really blame Obama for low employment? If anything, hasn't employment been on the rise very slowly but surely ever since Bush's administration? Sure ObamaCare was a major screw up. And is America at its weakest? If so don't you think other countries would try shit with us? I don't know. I personally would gladly live here than anywhere else. America is getting crazy, but I feel it's better than other places. It could be France.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #487 on: 2016-09-22 13:25:09 »

America's prestige and respect is still the envy of the world, but it is as low as it's ever been.  Other national leaders snub us, and they can't rely on the US for support or help, especially our allies like Israel. 

Black Lives Matters has become so messed up.  They don't all really follow the same cause, which is what?  Is it supporting just black lives?  Is it against police brutality?  Who are the people causing riots?  Why don't they denounce that? They try to justify it by "police brutality started it."  Though then we often find out the police were in the right.  Under President Obama, black American families have struggled more then ever with unemployment in places over 20%, increase inner city struggles and much more.  Yet today, Obama simply says it would be an insult for blacks not to vote for Clinton.  How is that not race bating? 

Hispanics, I agree.  They are at least aware of the problems some people can cause and they have denounced it.  Many work to become legal immigrants.

Asians, often forgotten in all this, from China, Korea, Japan, Vietnam, etc, all were treated poorly in early American history.  Forced to build railroads, segregation, and held down as much as possible.  But it didn't stop them from creating shops, or laundries to better themselves.  I look at the American Asian population as a success story of a group of people who were held down, just like the blacks, in near slave conditions in some cases, but look at Asians now.  Most are really successful or trying to be successful.  Blacks can do the same, and many have.  We just don't need this BLM crap.  All lives matter last I checked.  You don't see Asians causing riots or even creating a stink about racial issues.  They never have to the levels we see now.

France... yeah, constant threat of terrorism every day now, immigration crisis, poor leadership.  Sounds equally as un-good. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #488 on: 2016-09-22 13:34:10 »

I was gonna mention the Asians. The Asians can rise up despite the poor treatment they were given like in WWII where the Japanese were all forced to live in internment camps, which was disgustingly unconstitutional, violating their basic human rights and all that. And yet, you don't see them bitching about it today. No, they've moved on. Yes it's a horribly unfair thing America did to them, but they don't dwell on that or use it as a crutch to justify why they don't try hard to get out of there. Asians I feel are naturally very hard working people, they persevere and they want to be the best. It also probably has to do with their upbringing and how they're raised and their culture. But hey, it works for them.

I often feel many African Americans rely on the whole "but we were slaves" argument to justify why they don't try bettering themselves. Or saying the system is kicking them down. It's not. Everyone has equal opportunity here in America. And people should feel privileged to live here. There are places in this world where they wouldn't be given the chance to do something with themselves. But instead they gotta be all angry and pissy about how a black criminal was shot by a cop despite resisting them or something like that.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-22 13:34:38 by LP » Logged

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #489 on: 2016-09-22 13:45:52 »

We are treading in dangerous water, LP.  Anywhere online we'd slickly be labeled racist for saying this. 

I forgot about the WWII with the Japanese.  That wasn't even long ago.  You still got African American complaining about slavery, even though none of them were directly involved in it.  Everyone has died since the days of slavery.  These are new people, being born, in a slavery free America, and they are still saying they are being held down and using it as a crutch. 

There are so many wonderful, intelligent, smart, and savvy African American's who don't rely on that couch and they have moved up in the world to be successful, but it seems many have just given up, didn't want to keep trying, and just use it as a crutch. 

I know inner cities are getting bad again, and I am not sure how people are at the schools there, but if your community it poor and struggling, gang activity, drugs, and theft doesn't help your community grow stronger and get better. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #490 on: 2016-09-22 13:52:25 »

I really don't mind, I say racist things. It's weird for me, my brother is black, but my parents wouldn't not talk about how African Americans are lazy and don't try hard. Of course, I know they're not saying everyone, just the majority they've worked with (my dad worked in a factory to pay his way through college), or treat in their office. My brother doesn't even consider himself African Amercan. On standarized tests he always would put Hispanic or Latino.

Oh, I'm not saying their aren't very sucessful African Americans. There are. Like  Neil Degrasse Tyson (totally spelt his name wrong). It's because I feel they grew up in a time where they had to PROVE they were good enough. Prove they were just as kid as those white kids. Prove they too could be the very best. Nowadays, I feel we enable them too much. Like they don't strive anymore. They know they could easily probably get a job or something, but eh, America is letting them still wave around the "we were slaves and are still oppressed" bull crap that many don't try anymore. I'm happy to say my college actually has a pretty large population of African American students.

Inner cities are bad. Very bad. Then there's still Detroit.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #491 on: 2016-09-22 13:59:16 »

I'm starting to wonder if it is also blacks failing on themselves.  Many of these inner cities that are struggling in the south, east coast, and midwest are all run by black mayors and their policies.  Liberal policies, for the past 40 or so years.  These obviously haven't helped anyone but make whites leave. 

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #492 on: 2016-09-22 21:18:28 »

Well, I see we've actually had an outpouring of opinions here.  Nice. 

National Guard and police are out in full force, as a midnight curfew is in place through Charlotte, NC.  Media is reporting that police officers are not in any riot gear. 
« Last Edit: 2016-09-22 21:20:48 by RainySunshine » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #493 on: 2016-09-24 11:38:55 »

Obama used a pseudonym in emails with Clinton, FBI documents reveal.

Ted Cruz announces he is will vote Trump.

New York Times endorses Clinton.

Kim Kardashian may renounce her endorsement for Hillary and vote Trump due to Caitlyn Jenner.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #494 on: 2016-09-24 20:29:36 »

I've sort of been wanting to create a topic we can discuss on actual ways to fix problems.  Like we choose a topic we are passionate about and actually SHARE our own ideas on how to fix said problems.  Otherwise we are just blabbing and doing nothing.  Sure sharing our solutions won't necessarily help, but at least they are out there.
Pages: < 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 178 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024