PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Thoughts For World Peace 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thoughts For World Peace  (Read 681 times)
kiku

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2022-07-08 12:49:29 »

Not only here in Europe, but all over the world, people wish for peace.
I felt the need to create a topic here to share thoughts and feelings focussing on peace.

Here’s my input for today:

Back in 1982, the organization “Mayors For Peace” was initiated by then Mayor of Hiroshima, Takeshi Araki. He called for cities throughout the world to transcend national borders and join in solidarity to work together to press for nuclear abolition.
By now, 8188 cities in 166 countries and regions are members.

https://www.mayorsforpeace.org/en/about-us/outline-m4p/

Here in Germany, July 8th is the Mayors For Peace Flag Day.
(It’s no official holiday.)
On this day every year, in several hundred German cities and regions which are members of the Mayors For Peace, the green and white flag showing a dove of peace is flown in front of the city hall.
Here are some pictures if you’d like to have a look:

https://www.mayorsforpeace.org/en/activities/2021/former-2021jul-germanchapt-en/

My home town is a member city too (it's not included in the pictures above though), so today I took part in a little gathering around the flag organized by some friends. We listened to some speeches by one of our town district’s mayors, and a peace activist.

It seems like so little can be done, but I believe that it’s still important to do something, even if it’s just praying or having positive and loving thoughts, and acting peacefully around other people, no matter where they come from.
I believe anything positive that we do or think can make a difference.

Avatar: Idea and drawing by Nemesis Prime
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2022-07-08 21:49:02 »

It's a noble enough sound cause.  It turns out my city is on the list of cities involved as well.

It's so sad to see what's going on around the world today.  Praying, positivity, and a united front of positivity seems all we have left. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2022-07-08 21:50:23 »

I wish the world could just chill out.  It's so senseless all around.  So many lives upturned or lost.  People getting hurt... or worse.  Everything that's happening is so upsetting. 

I wish there was peace too. 

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2022-07-09 17:00:02 »

We can all get behind peace.  Thank you for sharing.

kiku

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2022-07-10 00:50:53 »

You're welcome, @Rainberry !
Thank you, and @Soda , and @RainySunshine for reading and responding.
 <3

Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2022-07-10 11:54:14 »

My apologies for being away for a while, but I couldnt help but to write a little now that i've finally got back home.

Peace through the world should be the goal for the whole planet, but as pessimistic as it might sound, I dont think it will be achieved by our lifetime. Perhaps in the future.

Hopefully in the future these boneheaded dinosaurs will be gone and the people who are looking for violence will turn into virtual violence, mainly games so they can have outlet to vent some steam from bad days, making everything more peaceful in real life. Thou i do believe there probably will always be some of those ill natured individuals, but hopefully people will be smarter and vote for leaders who are looking for working together with other countries instead of wanting to be the center of the world and wanting every other country to be melted into their country.
The countries can stay individuals as long as we can keep the egoistic and selfish leaders off the lines, now this will be difficult, since sociopaths are always so charming and make everyone believe that they want the best for the people, but they only think of themselves.
How do we counter this?
How can we keep more level headed people in the polls who dont make ridiculous promises and keep none of them?
How do we vote for people who actually want the best not just for the people or the country but the whole world in mind?

I think these are the most difficult questions and honestly i dont see answer for it, since we cant really know if a person is being honest or just spitting lies, but we can always hope for the best of the person and just wait and see if we picked right one or not.
There is also the problem with being corrupted by power the longer you're in charge. Even the most noble ones can turn around when they keep getting too much power since they will forget their responsibilities, thinking they're untouchable, so they decide to do what ever and everyone else can only watch from the side of what's happening.

I want to end with more positive note, that i do believe that there might be world peace at some point in life, but I dont think i'll be here to see it, but i do want to believe the best from people. I want to be able to believe that people can interact with one another with friendly intentions, no more fear, no more doubt, just pure honesty and kindness.

There is very little we can do, all of us in this wonderful little community we have here are like grains of sand in the ocean of fear, doubt, lies and all the negativity, but if we keep sharing this positive nature to others who join in, we can create the beaches of peace for the future generations.

All i can say is dont lose your hope, as long as there is still the spark of hope remaining in the world, there is always the chance of positivity taking over the negativity. <3

PM me for want free art! Everybody is welcome to request~

If you want to learn more about "my" Nemesis Prime as RP character click
kiku

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2022-07-10 13:58:20 »

@Nemesis Prime , thank you for sharing your thoughts! (No apologies needed!) I really like your vision of a peaceful future, even if we all might not live to see it. It's still a wonderful vision, and who knows, I strongly believe that good things can still happen, even though the whole world situation looks so negative.

I especially love what you mention about our community - it's true that we are an international bunch of people here who peacefully share this place, all very different but still united. It may seem like a small thing, but I feel it's encouraging. Groups like ours prove that peace is possible.
Any gathering in peace and acceptance of each other makes the world a little bit of a better place.
That's what I think.
 <3

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2022-07-10 18:09:03 »

I think the best thing I've read from people here so far is how we at PSF are all from different places around the world, all with different walks of life, and yet we all get along great.  We're friends, kind, relaxed, and we aren't causing any international disputes. ;) 
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2022-07-10 23:46:14 »

Peace is a wonderful idealistic thought, but in this world of humans, it can never be achieved.  Peace can't even be achieved among animals or nature!  There is always fighting.

But I do love the idea of peace and of course totally support peace. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Thoughts For World Peace « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024