PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies In General 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies In General  (Read 52442 times)
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #60 on: 2016-09-03 23:11:30 »

Living in Texas, S4 certainly knows of the small farming towns that are disappearing around him.  It's said. They once had so much promise and life, hope for a future, but so many are forgotten and histories lost.  That was my fav message from this film.  Try to explore them before they are gone, or try to help them in some way... I don't know how though.

S T E R E O T Y P E
(kinda)

Uh, yeah like, although they aren't really farming towns, there are a few really small towns that are kinda just like.... not really there, in a sense. Like, on the way to San Antonio, there's a place called "Encinal" and it's SUPER small from what I understand. And my town itself used to be really small, but it's been growing and growing since I was small. I don't think I can say the same for Encinal.

SNEE
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #61 on: 2016-09-03 23:13:59 »

Well, I mean there are towns, small ones, that just kind of fade away.  I know you live in one of Texas' big cities.  But even if you cross the border, many small Mexican villages are disappearing with time too.  People move out of these tiny towns, especially young ones who don't want to be farmers or whatever, and it leaves the parents and old folks as the last generations in these towns. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #62 on: 2016-09-03 23:18:00 »

You are right though, Encinal is shrinking, but lets look off the main highway, not on the thick lined roads.  Look at Asherton or Catarina, or even Oilton.  They are all shrinking and vanishing slowly but surely, census after census.  The people move to the bigger populated areas that have more opportunities, jobs, and services.  These small towns couldn't keep up and are disappearing.  Much of America's heartland is disappearing. 
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #63 on: 2016-09-03 23:18:27 »

Oh, yeah, that's a general thing though.

And yeah from what I know of Cars, it does go into that background pretty well. It's a neat take on it also, with the personification of the cars and such.

SNEE
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: 2016-09-03 23:19:59 »

Shrinking towns is a big issue especially in rural states and counties.  They are seeing tax bases disappear and services disappear.  Some really rural counties are seeing not enough people stay to fill the need for the few jobs they have.  Who wants to live in the middle of nowhere to work for a small town hospital at lower pay?  It's a hard draw.  Also over time, the hospital may shut down due to lack of a need for it, or it costs too much to keep open, hence making the surviving population less inclined to live there with no health service and even harder to draw people in.  It is a downward spiral.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #65 on: 2016-09-03 23:21:01 »

Yeah, they do some neat art with cars.  A lot of car themed landscapes, or even the clouds.  You just have to notice it all.

And yeah, you are 100% right, Silver. 
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: 2016-09-04 04:47:42 »

I watched Cars. I was like, 6 or 7 back then.

I guess I thought it was good. I mean, c'mon: CARS! ;D
« Last Edit: 2016-09-04 04:48:07 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #67 on: 2016-09-04 07:20:58 »

Why do conversations always happen when I go to sleep?

Cars is a weird one for me. I know objectively it's a pretty meh to bad movie. But subjectively, I enjoy the shit out of it with my dad. I've mentioned before it seems to be one of his favorite movies. We both seem to really enjoy the main characters suffering in the movie cu apparently we're both dicks XP we also do appreciate the background things, like the tread shaped clouds, or the little car bugs and other things. I think it's worth a watch, but it isn't Pixar's best movie. Not by a long run. But it's decent. It's good for kids and it's about good enough for adults. It isn't garbage like the second one.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #68 on: 2016-09-04 10:36:42 »

I really liked Cars, so much so I bought it and have watched it many times.  I still enjoy it, but it isn't my fav Pixar film. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #69 on: 2016-09-05 17:56:03 »

I liked Cars.  I never understood the hate for it. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #70 on: 2016-09-05 18:17:48 »

It's a very lazy movie basically. It's not a good movie. It's entertaining enough, but the characters aren't like able and the story has been done to death before and Cars didn't add anything new to it. It's bland basically. It's not to the quality Pixar produces.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #71 on: 2016-09-05 19:36:51 »

Hmmm.  Okay. 

I thought the message MasterX brought up seemed pretty new, but yes, the other messages thrown in were bland. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #72 on: 2016-09-05 19:44:02 »

I mean, it wasn't really a message(?). It just shows what happens to small towns. Which I guess can be seen as a message but there's nothing you can really do to change that. Small towns will almost always lose to industrialism and the bigger and faster mentality people have as they advance.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #73 on: 2016-09-05 19:45:11 »

I liked Cars.  I never understood the hate for it.

Cars was an ok movie. I liked it when it first came out, when I was 13 or 14. But looking back on it now, I just think it wasn't a very good movie to follow Pixar's last movie which was the incredibles. They FINALLY did a movie with human characters and then the next film is talking cars. It felt like a bit of a step back.

But plot wise and character wise, Cars was good.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #74 on: 2016-09-05 19:45:32 »

True, true.  It was a bit lazy looking back on it, but I still liked it. :) 
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies In General « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024