PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  Creative  >  Authors  >  Topic: Chilly (F) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chilly (F)  (Read 368 times)
Bloogap

A Dude

Email
« on: 2023-12-23 02:01:22 »

So this winterish story was just something that popped up while on a really long plane ride. Hope to you enjoy this silly little thing haha.

There are usually 2 views on winter. One is the white wonderland signalling the beginning of festivities, and if sufficiently snowy enough, a nice break from education (for the younger ones anyway). The other is a season where life is extinguished, where the coldness of death creeps on every living being. If you were to ask Julie for her opinion,

“Hi-tchuu!"

She’s definitely with the latter.

Maybe it’s due to her Californian upbringing, but Julie never liked winter compared to the other seasons. It doesn’t have the warmth of summer or the beauty of spring. Even autumn, one of the colder seasons, has its own charm: the colours of the falling leaves were a pretty sight, and there’s a lot of pumpkin flavoured foods for her to indulge in. Winter is just cold; chilling winds, freezing snow, all around just uncomfortable.

Luckily, right now is the transitional period between the seasons, so temperatures aren’t so dastardly low yet. Unfortunately, Julie’s morning grogginess meant instead of proper inner wear, she went out in what was effectively thin pajamas underneath her usual winter gear, effectively halving her heat retention. But Julie was only a short way away from her local Target, and has such resigned herself to enduring this freezing torture just a little longer just to get her needed groceries.

“S-stupid c-cold.. Hicshew!”

What Julie didn’t sign up for was to wait outside a cafe stand as a breeze hits her half-exposed face, courtesy of her boyfriend, who thought it'd be a good idea to get some drinks for the remaining journey. As Julie mutters her grievances into her scarf, a pleasantly warm sensation on her face makes her momentarily snap her out of it.

Oliver holds out a cup of coffee, wearing a lopsided grin. “C’mon, the wait didn’t take that long.”

Julie glares at the man in front of her, questioning him through her chattering teeth, “D-did you r-really need-d a d-d-drink now?.”

Oliver takes a moment to slurp on his cold beverage, “It’s dark chocolate, you know I’m a sucker for that stuff.”

When Julie eventually takes the hot beverage, she savors the feeling of heat seeping through her gloves, “And-d you d-didn’t pick the hot-t version because…?”

Oliver licks his lips as the chocolate flavour settles in, “I don’t want my tongue to get burnt.”

Julie rolls her eyes, but the choice of a cold drink wasn’t the only thing paradoxical about her boyfriend. For someone born and raised in a tropical climate, Oliver dressed as if had adapted to the cold all his life. An open jacket compared to her closed and fully covered winter coat, shorts that stop right at his knees instead of her baggy pants, an exposed head that shows his short black hair in opposition to the beanie and scarf that conceals her face and partially hides her long blonde hair, and sandals that reveal his toes rather than the leather boots she wears. Granted, when snow starts to fall Oliver will wear proper winter clothes, but even then it’s quite light, a stark contrast to Julie’s repeated attempts to become a cocoon made of cotton.

Julie lowered her scarf, exposing the rosy features hidden beneath. As she brings the cardboard cup towards her face, the steam emanating from the drink starts rising towards her nostrils, clearing some of the congestion that was building inside.

“Heckhoo! Ehtshiew!! Hi-kitshoo!"

Though probably not in the way she wanted.

Julie opened her eyes to see the misty expulsion fade into nothingness, letting out a wet sniff, with Oliver looking more than a tickled by the spectacle. Julie, her face getting the slightest bit redder, doesn’t carry the same amusement her partner has, “C-can we g-go already-y?”.

Oliver just laughed, “Alright, alright, no need to be so impatient.”

As the two continue their journey, consuming their beverages and walking through the (annoyingly) windy streets as the people around them go through their daily routines. Oliver scoots in closer to Julie with the intention to wrap one of his arms around her. When the cotton-covered woman, however, side steps away, Oliver responds by placing that same hand on his chest in a dramatic fashion, “To so coldly reject me, even when you’d jump at the chance to drain me of my warmth.”

Julie merely hissed, “I’d r-rather you’d not i-inflict me w-with the cold t-touch of d-death.”. Chuckling at the woman’s scornful description of his uncovered hands, Oliver compromised by playfully bumping Julie, walking side by side as their shoulders occasionally makes contact.

His ice cube hands aside, Oliver had always proclaimed that he was a living heat generator, an explanation for tendency to embrace the cold and to perspire damn near everywhere. This nonsensical abnormality of the human body has turned into a boon for both of them at home: Julie gets to stay toasty due to the proximity of a consistent heat source, while her cool touch prevents Oliver from drenching their bed or their couch in sweat. It also made for a good excuse for the two to cuddle. Alas, the layers they currently have (whether a lot or a little), serve as a barrier from the couple from achieving thermal equilibrium.

As another misty spray escaped her nose, Julie noticed Oliver’s gaze was on her, his pupils darting from her to their current path. Any passers-by who decide to give a parting glance in their direction would assume the man is simply being concerned for his partner. But Julie knew better than that, Oliver was probably thinking about something nonsensical and outlandish, which may or may not be at her expense. With a sniff, Julie turned to Oliver and simply uttered “What?”.

Knowing he couldn’t escape Julie’s scrutinising gaze, Oliver fully embraced the smile he was barely trying to hide, “Seeing you just reminded me of a ch-“. Oliver stopped for a moment, finishing the last of his chocolate drink before continuing, “Nah, you probably don’t want to hear it. It’s pretty stupid.”

Julie’s slightly amused by Oliver’s offer to spare her, considering the amount of dumb things he subjects her to on a daily basis. “I-I’m sure it-t can’t be w-worse than y-your ‘confession’ to Dad-d.”

Oliver’s face scrunches up, wincing at the memory of his attempts at bonding with the man who might one day be his father-in-law, “Hey, I thought you promised to never bring that up again.”

Julie lets out some chuckles, while Oliver gets his turn to roll his eyes.

“I was just thinking,” Oliver continues, “you remind me of a rubber chicken.”

Julie choked briefly as a small amount of brown liquid entered the wrong pipe, clearing her throat as she probably responded with bewildered, “Huh?”.

Clearly enjoying the situation, Oliver let out a subdued but hearty laugh, “The resemblance is there, I mean you've got all the features to match.”.

Oliver’s hand starts moving, making contact with Julie’s fluffy jacket “Here’s the yellow feathers,”, his hand then moves to ruffle the peppermint beanie adorning her head, “there’s the red crest,” Oliver’s fingers hovers over Julie’s red nose for a moment, “and this,” before the index finger and thumb hold the redden appendage in a gentle squeeze, “is the beak that clucks.”

“Hih..."

The reaction was instant, Oliver’s ungloved fingers shot icy cold sensations throughout Julie’s nose, her nostrils start flaring up, trying expand against from Oliver’s grip.

“Hh-heh..hieh!"

When Oliver’s fingers did let go, Julie’s nostrils widened into a big, circular shape, sucking in the surrounding air like a vacuum. The sensation that followed was torturous, as the rush of cold air further aggravated her moist nasal membranes.

“Hih-hih... hieh-h-h-HIEG!"

Julie’s head was rearing back, her gasps still muffled by her scarf, the sneeze in her body ready to barrel out at a moment's notice. But Julie resisted, determined to retain any shreds of remaining dignity. Julie is a woman with authority, a rising attorney who can silence the courtroom with her presence, and she will not make a fool of herself because of this damn col-

“Heig-CHEW!!!"

-never mind….

"Hehh-Ksheww! Hitchew...chew! Hitschh! HITSCHEW!! Hegschiew! Hitchoo! Hig-schew! HETCHOO!!!"

Sneeze after sneeze, misty sprays continue to be expelled, eventually blending into the falling snow. When her nose finally gives her mercy, Julie observes that apart from a handful of glances, most of the crowd seems to continue on their merry way. What’s more mortifying is seeing her snot splattered on Oliver’s open hand, the liquid connecting it back to its source and hanging dangerously close to her scarf.

Oliver himself seems to be staring blankly at his now wet hand, his eyes following the gooey string back to Julie’s nose. When his gaze is fully on his partner’s red face, his mouth forms a grin, “I guess I’m dealing with a rather dusty rubber chicken.”
The stupid joke was enough to transition Julie from embarrassment to unamusement, “And w-whose fault d-do you think th-that is?”.

Another chuckle escaped from Oliver as he took a handkerchief, first to wipe his hand, then putting it over Julie’s nose. The cloth was only a little warmer than Oliver’s hand, which caused Julie to flinch a bit, but thankfully didn't trigger any more nasal expulsions.

Oliver bent down slightly to meet Julie eye to eye, and he couldn’t help but tease, “Now blow.”

Julie narrowed her eyes, but otherwise complied, letting out a wet gurgling sound into the handkerchief. After folding the handkerchief and putting it back in his pocket, Oliver extends his hand out, “Ready to go?”.

For Julie, winter will always be the worst: winds that make you shiver, snow that gives you frostbite, an all around miserable time. But as she grabs Oliver’s hand against her better judgement, Julie considers that maybe being with a loved one will make it suck a little less.

Epilogue

Oliver leans on his trolley full of goods, checking through the grocery list. Confirming that they have everything they need, the young man stretched his body as he waited for his girlfriend to come back. Julie apparently spotted something from the clothing aisle that caught her interest, and had departed briefly to retrieve it. Normally Oliver can’t help but be annoyed with these last minute additions, since they usually snowball into a second list of items that Julie insists that they might need later but usually end up gathering dust unused. But Julie assured him that she was getting only one item, with the additional personal incentive to go back to their warm home as soon as possible. Plus, seeing Julie avoid the frozen foods and chilled sections like the plague will always be funny. Oliver is just left wondering if his girlfriend has found what she was looking for.

“Hegshiew!!"

Oh, there she is.

The cotton-covered woman returns, with one gloved hand rubbing her nose and the other holding an oversized woolly jacket. Oliver raises an eyebrow at Julie’s last minute addition, but the young woman shushes him, asking Oliver to raise his arms in a T-pose position, prompting the young man to follow her lead. Julie proceeds to put the jacket on Oliver as if he’s a mannequin, before going in front of him, putting her back against his chest and uttering a simple command, “Zip”.

Recognising Julie’s intention, Oliver smiles and he pulls the zipper up until it reaches near Julie’s neck. When finished, Julie was completely wrapped together with Oliver, her head the only visible part of the top half of her body.

“Clever, but are you sure this is really an essential item?” teased Oliver.

A “Mmhh” was all Julie responded with, clearly not caring now that she finally gets the warmth she has been deprived of ever since getting out of bed. Oliver too savors the having contact with his partner, snuggling his chin on top of Julie’s beanie covered head.

After a minute of savouring each other’s presence, Oliver can’t help but point out a practical concern, “You know we can’t carry our stuff like this.”

A pained groan escapes from Julie, and she bumps the back of her head against Oliver’s chest for reminding her of their responsibilities, clearly reluctant to remove herself from her current position.

After a short silence, a suggestion was produced, “Do you want to get an Uber?”

“…yes please.”
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2023-12-29 16:35:37 »

The beginning was a pretty humorous way to start the story and it fit so well with her cute sneeze.  Thankfully Oliver had the way to keep her warm, lol!  This was a pretty fun slice of life story and I enjoyed the characters and her sneezes. :D I love how you described little things so well such as him just simply running his icy hands near her nose, and how much it teased me. ;D  I really love how you wrote this!
Bloogap

A Dude

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2023-12-30 00:33:35 »

Now that I think about it, I feel like majority of the sneeze stuff are usually slice of life haha. But I'm glad you like this 'flavour' of the slice of life sneeze story.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2023-12-30 17:31:32 »

The slice of life flavor is definitely with this one.  While some might make their stories slice of life, they just don't always have that feel.  This one has that feel and it's very good.  It's such a simple situation and we focus on a simple thing, a cold girl sneezing.  It's all very good and doesn't try to be grandiose or something crazy!  It has actually a cozy feel to it, even though Julie is freezing her butt off, lol!  Awesome story!  I love the sneezes and I love how you write them.  The epilogue made me smile too. 

Sniffles

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2024-01-27 20:33:13 »

I badly want to read this, just have not gotten to it.  Just letting you know not to fret over the lack of feedback...yet!
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2024-02-07 12:10:38 »

I liked her sneezing fits.  How you describe her sneeze spray eventually blending into the snow was a nice added touch... one of many actually. You have a nice way of writing.  Really enjoyed this one. It actually gave me a cozy vibe for part of it.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2024-02-11 14:51:35 »

How you described julie fighting her sneezes and trying to hold them in were a *chefs kiss*.  Lol!  Awesome story here of restraint and pleasure, lol!  Really enjoyed this one.  A nice slice of life.  Julie's a good sneezer!!  <3
« Last Edit: 2024-02-11 14:51:45 by Graymist » Logged
Bloogap

A Dude

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2024-02-12 00:17:32 »

Thanks for the kind words everyone!. I do view my writing in this fic as better than my previous ones, even if looking back its still riddled with my usual grammar mistakes haha :nervoussmile:.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2024-02-13 01:00:17 »

I've read it and I will say this IS the best piece I've read from you.  I sort of look over grammar errors, so don't worry about that.  Nothing took away from the story, which was excellent. I liked the characters too. Nice!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  Creative  >  Authors  >  Topic: Chilly (F) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024