PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: What Kind of Car do You Own? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Kind of Car do You Own?  (Read 38003 times)
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: 2016-03-25 12:28:25 »

Aviater from 2003 (with a sticky gas pedal),

A Lincoln Aviator with a sticky gas pedal?  That is scary!  I wouldn't drive that.  lol!

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2016-03-25 12:34:30 »

Yeah, that's it! A Lincoln Aviator. I don't want to either, but sometimes you gotta drive what you're left with. It doesn't stick all the time. Just at the most inconvenient moments. Like on the highway! It's scary, the first time I almost panicked but I somehow managed to unstick it, I had to press down on it again. I don't know how I knew to do that, I think my foot was just trying to press anything to get it to stop accelerating.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: 2016-03-25 12:36:31 »

Yeah, that's it! A Lincoln Aviator. I don't want to either, but sometimes you gotta drive what you're left with. It doesn't stick all the time. Just at the most inconvenient moments. Like on the highway! It's scary, the first time I almost panicked but I somehow managed to unstick it, I had to press down on it again. I don't know how I knew to do that, I think my foot was just trying to press anything to get it to stop accelerating.

Yeah, you did the write thing. 

If you have some WD-40 or maybe just a damp cloth, go to the car with the engine off and in park and see if you can clean or spray around the gas pedal.  That might help incase something is actually sticky and making it stick. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #33 on: 2016-03-25 12:39:43 »

Oooh, hmm, okay. I'll tell my parents to do that. It is an old car that has had tons of stuff spilled all over it, so that could help. Thanks for that Grape :D

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: 2016-03-25 12:42:42 »

No problem. :)  It's not that old.  2003 isn't old. ;) 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2016-03-25 12:46:05 »

Well, as soon as the five year warranty finished that's when everything went to hell. It started getting all sorts of problems.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: 2016-03-25 12:53:54 »

Well, as soon as the five year warranty finished that's when everything went to hell. It started getting all sorts of problems.

Lincoln's had problems as of late, but they are trying to turn the corner as a company.  They have some pretty cool designs coming soon and hopefully a turn around to make their brand prestigious again.

Hopefully they can save themselves like Cadillac did, or they might end up like what happened to Mercury....

CAR TALK, with Grapefoot. 

Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: 2016-03-25 12:58:56 »

Lincoln has a new Continental on the way and they just revealed a new concept Navigator.  If they build some of their concepts, they should have their own niche in history still. :) 

I'm here for the camaraderie.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2016-03-25 13:00:12 »

As of late? I think they've had problems for awhile. But really? I don't think my family will ever buy something from them again, didn't have good experiences with the car we got from them.

Cadillac has problems before? Really? I've always heard good things about their cars. And about Mercury too? Hm, I've only ever seen the commercials, but they're not around anymore.

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: 2016-03-25 13:02:16 »

Lincoln has a new Continental on the way...
...I'm interested.

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2016-03-25 13:02:49 »

Oh my cousins have a Navigator. Both my cousins did. Only on of them still have it though.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: 2016-03-25 13:02:49 »

As of late? I think they've had problems for awhile. But really? I don't think my family will ever buy something from them again, didn't have good experiences with the car we got from them.

Cadillac has problems before? Really? I've always heard good things about their cars. And about Mercury too? Hm, I've only ever seen the commercials, but they're not around anymore.

Cadillac was going through a downturn in the late 80s and into the 90s.  They finally got their grip and started producing competitive cars again in the 2000s.  They have cars now that are getting better marks then the German marques.  Cadillac's biggest fail came when they built the Cadillac Catera, which was a rebadged piece of junk from some General Motors trash bin.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2016-03-25 13:03:52 »

Oooh, okay. So makes sense why I've only heard good things. But wow seriously? Crazy, German cars are usually the best!

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: 2016-03-25 13:04:16 »

Lincoln has a new Continental on the way...
...I'm interested.

Clearly it's underpinnings is still a Ford Taurus, but it looks a heck of a lot better then anything they have right now, and they are aiming for pure luxury, while Cadillac is doing sporty luxuryPhoto of new Continental.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: 2016-03-25 13:04:53 »

Oooh, okay. So makes sense why I've only heard good things. But wow seriously? Crazy, German cars are usually the best!

I would beg to differ.  Sure they have prestige, but they are in the shop all the time and expensive. 

Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: What Kind of Car do You Own? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024