PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion  (Read 77567 times)
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #255 on: 2020-11-29 07:08:44 »

Couldn't care less about Arnold (...The Terminator isn't current anymore)
I was thinking more about the (rather undeserved) reputation of pit bulls, as I noted here.  The breed was just coming into its own, and Tom Ruegger has stated that the character was created to capitalize on this. These days, though, if you see a pit bull in the media chances  are it will be given an African-American voice and mannerisms, which, considering restrictive laws and bans on ownership in many areas, carries a very unfortunate implication. Not very "woke" of Hollywood, is it?...

...Concord Condor was pointless.
Meh, on the whole, no more than Beaky Buzzard-- and someone remembered the guy fondly enough to use him in one of the new LTC shorts.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-29 07:12:45 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #256 on: 2020-11-29 13:37:39 »

I'd be glad if Elmyra was gone.  She was truly among my least favorite characters of all time.  I found her voice annoying and grating and I really didn't like her.

I'm glad I am not the only one, lol!
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #257 on: 2020-11-29 17:05:09 »

I am enjoying Animainaics but since it isn't on tv, I have to watch it in ways that are not approved of. :P  It sucks to have to watch it online. 
LovesSneezingApparently
SCM Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #258 on: 2020-11-29 18:09:59 »

Tiny Toons reboot coming to Cartoon Network and HBO Max

Thinking about it, I’d be a lot more interested if this was a ‘3rd Generation’ series. As in: Buster and the gang have grown up to become the new Looney Tunes and the show focuses on yet another new set of toons who were spun off from them.
That way you could formulate an original, modern, cast of characters – instead of completely updating and repurposing all the old ones.

Buuut, they could still draw me in if the sneeze mouse is a main character. Maybe introduce his hot foreign mom, whom he takes after...
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #259 on: 2020-11-29 22:27:32 »

It would be nice if Animaniacs was also on Cartoon Network so the majority of people could ACTUALLY WATCH IT.

Yes. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #260 on: 2020-11-29 22:28:42 »

Tiny Toons reboot coming to Cartoon Network and HBO Max

Thinking about it, I’d be a lot more interested if this was a ‘3rd Generation’ series. As in: Buster and the gang have grown up to become the new Looney Tunes and the show focuses on yet another new set of toons who were spun off from them.
That way you could formulate an original, modern, cast of characters – instead of completely updating and repurposing all the old ones.

Buuut, they could still draw me in if the sneeze mouse is a main character. Maybe introduce his hot foreign mom, whom he takes after...

Very interesting and good ideas.  I like your idea, but at the same time, I do want to see the original show come back as-is. 

Like Animaniacs, they came back "as-is" and I wouldn't have wanted them to age up.  But you make a more compelling argument with Tiny Toons.  It would be kind of neat to see that. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #261 on: 2020-11-30 00:02:38 »

Thinking about it, I’d be a lot more interested if this was a ‘3rd Generation’ series...That way you could formulate an original, modern, cast of characters – instead of completely updating and repurposing all the old ones.

I think you'd be asking too much of the writers and producers... I worry they've been hiding behind nineties nostalgia and using it as an excuse for creative bankruptcy and laziness for years. I mean, if you're creating a whole new set of characters already, why bother hiding it under the Tiny Toon or Animaniacs banner? Just make a whole new series altogether. How hard can it be to come up with fresh ideas?   If I were a cartoon producer, and I went to a Starbucks, tossed my bankroll around, and said I wanted someone to write me a spec script and to make it as "hip-new-cartoon-in-the-style of a nineties-cartoon-that-was-inspired-by-the-cartoons-of-the-thirties-and-forties-but-made-for-modern-'new-tens'-sensibilities",  I could probably find fifteen or twenty laptop-monkeys who could pound out something vaguely usable, right?    I myself have got an idea here about a streetwise African-American teen and a sassy cat who solve mysteries, with a whole delightful Sherlock-Holmes-meets-'70s-buddy-cop-comedy-flick feel. Not hard. Scripted, boarded, pencilled and colored, all in under a week. It'd fit right in as a recurring segment on a show like A! 2020, along with "Starbox and Cindy" and "The Incredible Gnome in People's Butts Mouths", wouldn't it...?

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #262 on: 2020-11-30 22:12:02 »

It seems like every decade or so WB just tries to reboot or bring back their classics... often never being successful.  I wouldn't call Animaniacs a "classic" WB show since I think of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck.  But Animaniacs is diff because it can change to be relevant with the times.  It's much harder to take the classic Bugs Bunny concept and modernize it.  It just isn't going to draw in the numbers (at least we've never seen it do so).

Tiny Toons can adapt too and therefore can be successful.

I loved the newer Looney Tunes Show that was on CN for a short time.  It took classic characters, but made it almost like a sitcom and I really enjoyed it.  Wish it would have been successful.  Same with Mysteries Inc on the Scooby Doo side. 

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #263 on: 2020-11-30 22:13:29 »

Couldn't care less about Arnold (...The Terminator isn't current anymore)
I was thinking more about the (rather undeserved) reputation of pit bulls, as I noted here.  The breed was just coming into its own, and Tom Ruegger has stated that the character was created to capitalize on this. These days, though, if you see a pit bull in the media chances  are it will be given an African-American voice and mannerisms, which, considering restrictive laws and bans on ownership in many areas, carries a very unfortunate implication. Not very "woke" of Hollywood, is it?...

...Concord Condor was pointless.
Meh, on the whole, no more than Beaky Buzzard-- and someone remembered the guy fondly enough to use him in one of the new LTC shorts.

Never knew that about the first one.  Didn't know they tried to improve the image of the dog with that character.  Interesting. 

Also with the Beaky Buzzard thing, also new to me.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #264 on: 2021-09-20 14:10:14 »

Adult Swim aired the last episode of Family Guy on September 18th.  They've aired episodes since they started the show many many years ago.  It was Adult Swim that kept this show going, after it was cancelled originally. I know the show isn't very popular with people anymore, but it is kind of the end of an era for it and the channel it started on.

Disney/FOX now has the rights.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #265 on: 2021-09-30 14:16:12 »

The Amazing World of Gumball is Getting a Movie and a new series.

Article

The Amazing World of Gumball has been a popular series on Cartoon Network and now some new projects have been given the green light by WarnerMedia Kids & Family. The first of these projects is a movie which currently has the working title of The Amazing World of Gumball: The Movie!. This film is set to serve as the conclusion of the original series and the kick off for the second project which is a new series currently referred to as The Amazing World of Gumball: The Series. Sadly, we don’t really know much about the new series other than it coming from Hanna-Barbera Studios Europe like the film and is set to release on HBO Max and Cartoon Network.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #266 on: 2021-09-30 23:01:57 »

I liked Gumball, so this is good news!  If they can do it well.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #267 on: 2021-10-01 06:02:36 »

So are they going to address that that bizarre cliffhanger from the final episode?  I mean, you can't have reality overwrite itself and then collapse into a screaming void and not address it.  :nervoussmile:

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #268 on: 2021-10-01 17:47:46 »

So are they going to address that that bizarre cliffhanger from the final episode?  I mean, you can't have reality overwrite itself and then collapse into a screaming void and not address it.  :nervoussmile:

But... they did. ;D
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #269 on: 2021-10-02 05:43:28 »

Well, good.  I mean,  they could have easily (bleep)ed us on this deal.  Remember Sledge Hammer's big season one finale and the cheap-ass way they resolved it at start of season two?

[crickets; shrugs, confused looks and murmurs of "Huh?" and "Wuzzat?"]

I forget sometimes the average age of my audience....    ::)

Pages: < 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024