PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Life Update Thread 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 38 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life Update Thread  (Read 123186 times)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #165 on: 2016-09-18 17:30:42 »

It should bother you, APD, seeing someone you care about being used.

And usually, sometimes girls go for a guy as soon as they break up because they want to be in a relationship again. It does feel bad when someone finds someone so fast after a breakup. It sucks.

It may feel awkward, and like weird, but I really feel you should bring it up with her. Make it clear you're not trying to get back something you had, but you still care for her and don't think it's right that she's with this douche bag who's just using her. She deserves better.

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #166 on: 2016-09-18 19:26:29 »

Yeah, it's understandable to feel that way. Real sorry to hear, man. I don't really have any advice, but I think what leap said should be something to at least mention.

SNEE
Bird

Sassafrass

Email
« Reply #167 on: 2016-09-18 19:36:58 »

Hey! Maybe this is a bad time to be walking in considering the context of the discussion (so sorry to hear that, APD :c), but if you guys have been wondering where in the heck I've been all summer, this might answer a few questions for ya!

I've been pretty overwhelmed lately, but I do lurk almost every day. And I miss talking to you fine folk! I've been way more active on my blog but hopefully I'll also be back at it again here soon.
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #168 on: 2016-09-18 20:41:03 »

Oh damn, you've been real busy! But hey, it's good to hear you're all right (for the most part. Sucks to hear the negative stuff that's been going on mentally :/)

SNEE
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #169 on: 2016-09-18 21:00:27 »

That really sucks Paws. Do you have like ADHD? I know I do, fortunately with like therapy and stuff I've been trying school without meds. I hope you figure out what's going on and those hormone tests go alright.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #170 on: 2016-09-18 21:20:29 »

APD: Yeah... that is tough. If try to talk to her (based on my experience) you will kind of be shunned or not treated too well, and it might hurt you more, in all honesty, APD.  Not everyone is the same, and she probably still does care about you.... ahhh... I don't think I can help in this situation honestly, I will come off as too blunt.  All I'm trying to say is you may come out more hurt trying to help her.  Don't do the worrying for her, place your worry into something beneficial.  I'll message you what I mean. 

Paws: You have indeed been busy.  I haven't heard of Visual Snow in years.  I remember someone I sort of knew had that, and I had forgotten about it.  I really do hope everything else works out for the best.  Glad to hear you got some good summer experiences as well. :)  Nice to see you post again, missed you. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #171 on: 2016-09-18 22:34:16 »

Thank you for the feedback everyone.  I really did appreciate it.  It just really bugged me, because I don't want to see anyone hurt, especially someone I had... still do... have feelings for.  I need to get over her though, I know that....  I just don't know how she can forget us so fast and move on, even if she is just looking for a new companion, how can she just ignore what we had going on....... ugh... I'm such a wreck right now thinking of all this emotional gunk.  Pbbbhhtt. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #172 on: 2016-09-18 22:34:56 »

Hey! Maybe this is a bad time to be walking in considering the context of the discussion (so sorry to hear that, APD :c), but if you guys have been wondering where in the heck I've been all summer, this might answer a few questions for ya!

I've been pretty overwhelmed lately, but I do lurk almost every day. And I miss talking to you fine folk! I've been way more active on my blog but hopefully I'll also be back at it again here soon.

Oh my goodness!  Look how busy you are with good and not so great stuff.  But I am sure in the end it will be good, and if there is an issue, they'll know how to make it better. :)  Keep you in my prayers. 
Bird

Sassafrass

Email
« Reply #173 on: 2016-09-19 22:30:51 »

That really sucks Paws. Do you have like ADHD? I know I do, fortunately with like therapy and stuff I've been trying school without meds. I hope you figure out what's going on and those hormone tests go alright.

I have shown signs of ADD/ADHD for years. I wouldn't be surprised if I come out diagnosed with one of the two by the end of all this.
I've been formally diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder (and Asperger's, but it turned out to be a misdiagnosis), and I've been off medication for at least six years now. I've always just sort of been *managing* as far as my anxiety goes, though I still get overwhelmed very easily, and I did struggle with thoughts of depression through the course of the summer (which is also something I've never been diagnosed with but I suspect I have).  And really, my hormones have always been sort of out of whack and closely related to how and when my anxiety flares up, which is why we think some of the answers might lie in there.

Funny enough, my mom had suggested taking me to get my hormones checked just before I found out that I have Visual Snow. I had been doing okay up until that point, and then the VS discovery sort of threw things out of whack again.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-19 22:32:03 by Paws » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #174 on: 2016-09-19 22:42:02 »

Odd that you haven't been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD then. But if you do have it and if they get you on the right meds, it really helps. And then hopefully slowly you'll be able to not need the meds. It's great.  I get what you mean about anxiety. It's rough sometimes. And yeah, hormones tend to mess things up. I know mine were messing shit up, but eh, we righted it a bit.

Huh , how interesting. But if you've had VS this whole time, haven't you already sort of learned to cope with it? Or has it just suddenly started happening?

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #175 on: 2016-09-19 22:46:16 »

Geez.  All that stuff going on.  I really do hope it all works out.  Sometimes those things, with proper meds or work outs, actually do go away.  I know someone who eventually didn't have to take meds for some of that stuff.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #176 on: 2016-09-19 22:57:56 »

Exercise does help with ADHD, I do have to say. I remember the semester my parents forbade me from swimming, which I had been doing apprx 4 times a week. My school work deteriorated, and I was really depressed. It wasn't until my therapist basically told them, that no, exercise helps because it kinda gets all that extra steam out of your system so you can concentrate better. Those were dark times...

But yeah, I hope for the best on all your tests and stuff and if you do get some bad news that you'll be able to correct or get help with it :)

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #177 on: 2016-09-19 22:58:35 »

I hope the very best for you too. 
Claof

Email
« Reply #178 on: 2016-09-20 17:57:53 »

I may not be on for a while. I broke both my computers today, and there isn't a Geek Squad anywhare nearby. I can only access the site through my Wii U and phone, and it takes me forever to type on them.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #179 on: 2016-09-20 18:24:13 »

... How did you manage to break both computers?

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 38 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Life Update Thread « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024