PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: World News 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 98 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: World News  (Read 298717 times)
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #360 on: 2016-10-17 10:04:56 »

In an attempt of not trying to offend anyone, Sweden offends the majority.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #361 on: 2016-10-17 10:24:31 »

After recent WikiLeaks, some "state actor" has cut off Julian Assange's internet.

Voter fraud rampant in Texas too.

Illegal Immigration into the US Surged 23% this year.

Republican Office fire bombed and vandalized, told "Nazi Republicans" need to get out..

Democrats help raise money for destroyed Republican Office.

UK shutting down Russia propaganda networks bank account, Russia mad.

US bombs Yemen?

Iraqi and Kurdish forces try to retake Mosul away from ISIS.

China increases space program to beat the US.

Philippines may sway to China instead of US in the near future.

yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #362 on: 2016-10-19 06:17:49 »

Sweden... Why?
And I thought that Canada has become more cucked that you. Nevermind. Sweden. You have to stop. Please.

Huh.  I'd expected the forum to lean differently on this one.

I think the Swedish prosecutor made the right call.  I don't see it as bowing to minority interests, but rather as upholding a broad definition of free speech.  Would you rather it be illegal to hang fabric with certain pictures here and there?  Sure, it's good grounds for further attention from relevant intelligence agencies, but it's not good enough for immediate prosecution, IMO.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #363 on: 2016-10-19 23:47:56 »

That was just two people's opinions, Yasl. :)  Believe me, not everyone has the same thoughts as them. ;) 
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #364 on: 2016-10-21 21:37:09 »

This is important news.

Phillipines President Severs Ties With US, Ties to China Instead.

Now Phillipine government officials are saying that their new president tends to say and try to do things without permission.  So he can say what he wants, but he isn't fully in control.  That nation is a big US ally, and I don't think they would want to give that up, no matter how anti-US their new president is.  He was elected in June of 2016, so he will be around awhile... 

The US has five based strategically located in the country. 
« Last Edit: 2016-10-21 21:37:31 by Wolfwood » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #365 on: 2016-10-21 22:42:14 »

Oh fuk.

I know they've been talking about this for awhile. This is pretty bad.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #366 on: 2016-10-22 00:25:32 »

Crumb.  That isn't good. 

I see the decline happening... like the Roman Empire.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #367 on: 2016-11-01 23:48:39 »

Russia really isn't as powerful as some people think. Putin has trapped himself and his legitimacy is only propelled with military victories.  But he cant't continue those victories now without getting more sanctions which will further hurt his country.  Russia has never never fallen from outside forces, but has always fallen due to itself.  It has imploded.

Russia isn't prepared for a Russia without Putin, but if he dies or disappears, the whole country could break up and fall apart, causing many problems. 

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #368 on: 2016-11-02 00:54:10 »

Wow Raine.... That is some very good insight and thinking you got going on there.  I would like to know more about what you think on things.  All we ever think about is how badass as and strong Putin and Russia is... but.... yeah, you said something very smart.  Different.  It seems truthful. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #369 on: 2016-11-02 07:06:03 »

Well, we don't call it "the former Soviet Union" for nothing.  It's gone in six decades from a world juggernaut to a few dozen squabbling provinces/republics/territories, many of which are in dispute with one another or the world at large.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #370 on: 2016-11-02 08:29:16 »

True, Russia is held together by Putin. Hence why people see them as bad ass. Yeah if he dies Russia will implode because that's what it does. But the reason it's seen as strong is because of Putin. He's a smart man. We can't say they're not a threat because if he dies Russia would be unstable. We should worry about the now, a now where Putin is alive. And he is a conniving bastard. Yeah their form of success is military victories, but if no one is stopping them it's still a victory.

To be clear, I don't think Russia will try to invade America or something or we will invade Russia. But the way things are going, maybe I'm paranoid, but I fear it'll be like another Cold War. No actual carnage. But the fear that the other can do something bad to us via nuclear weapons and shit. Russia doesn't respect our current leader, Obama. Hillary sure as he'll isn't favoring herself to them, in fact I'm pretty sure they're pissed at her for trying to blame them for her short comings and failures.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #371 on: 2016-11-02 10:36:56 »

It wasn't too long ago that the Chechnyan region was looking for funding from Putin, who wouldn't give it to them.  Now note, this is a Muslim area of Russia.  What did chechnya do?  They went to the Saudi's for money.  Putin didn't like that and quickly limited the money Saudi Arabia would give them, and a the same time, lowered the Saudi's influence if per chance.... Russia ever had an issue and it's leadership (which is too centralized) ever had it's legitimacy questioned.  We are pretty much seeing a country being too centralized, that it can't control itself anymore.  It is being held together by paperclips, gum, and Putin.  That's it. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #372 on: 2016-11-02 10:40:40 »

Russia probably doesn't want a war or a Cold War, but the reason why they are expanding their military presence is because that is how his favorability ratings go up in Russia.  The country is down on it's luck right now, there is a horrible recession.  Not much positive news for the average Russian, so when they hear of military victories and strength, it riles up all those patriotic feelings.  That is partially why Russia is taking a leading charge in Syria too.  Crimea was the first step, but as Raine said, they are stuck in a hard place with that, and can't really do much more.  Crimea's take over further helped Russia own the important seaport of Sevastopol, which may be Russia's greatest seaport for international trade.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #373 on: 2016-11-02 14:32:34 »

Now we are getting into some good conversation. I don't have much to add, it has been said.

But also note that Russia is not as powerful militarily as some think.  They would be good at defending their western portion of the nation, and they have nuclear weaponry.

Also Iran's leader is claiming Iranian soldiers will enter the US and Europe really soon.  They are beefing up their military and air force.  Spending billions, those same billions the Obama Administration just gave them for that horrible Nuclear deal that threatens all the nations in that region including Israel. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #374 on: 2016-11-04 01:14:42 »

Iran threatens to end Nuke deal terms.

FBI warns of new malware.

Assange says info on Hillary not from Russia.

Canadian Military to investigate strange noises from the ocean floor in Arctic.

Mysertious mud volcano erupts after major earthquakes in Italy.

Train crash kills 20 in Pakistan.

Washington State County may be a sign of liberal counties going red, 84% Republican voter turnout.

Lindsay Lohan getting strange accent.

Mysterious flute-like noise tormenting Oregon town residents at night, still unknown.

Pharrell Williams begs women to vote for Hillary, says she is dishonest, but so are all women.

Chicago Cubs win world series, over 40 million watched.

Biggest moon of the century on Nov. 14.
Pages: < 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 98 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: World News « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024