PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Other Networks Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Other Networks Discussion  (Read 10910 times)
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« on: 2017-10-03 18:35:52 »

Discuss other networks not listed and all their shows or whatever you want related to them.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2017-10-03 18:38:28 »

TBS just picked up a show from Regular Show creator called, "Close Enough."  Surprised Adult Swim didn't take it.  Even more strange, Cartoon Network Studios is animated this too even though it will be on TBS, all part of the Turner Company group.

Here is the tears and you will know right away it is J.G. Quintel's work.  Same voice as Mordecai and you might even hear some Rigby in there. 

The show is described as a “surreal comedy about a family growing up without getting old,” and according to the network, will be relatable to 20-somethings transitioning to 30-somethings.

“We couldn’t be more excited to add one of animation’s most impressive and popular voices, J.G. Quintel, to our growing slate of animated series,” Brett Weitz, executive vice president of original programming for TBS, said in a statement May when the series was announced. “J.G. hit the center of the demo target with Regular Show, and we’re counting on him to bring this younger and more engaged audience to our network.”

Close Enough will be produced by TBS’ production arm Studio T and its sister company, Cartoon Network Studios. It marks the first time that these two branches of Time Warner-owned Turner Broadcasting have collaborated on a series.

Quintel, who also produced Regular Show at Cartoon Network Studios, has joined a rare group of animated series creators who have successfully transitioned from children’s entertainment to primetime shows. In the past, only a handful of creators who work in children’s animation have developed adult series, and vice versa.

Close Enough will join TBS’s expanding animation slate, currently headlined by the Seth MacFarlane series American Dad! The network has committed to numerous new adult-oriented series over the next year including The Cops, a buddy comedy co-created by and starring Louis C.K. and Albert Brooks; Tarantula, a dark comedy from Carson Mell (Silicon Valley) about the residents of a seedy hotel; and Final Space, an interstellar comedy created by independent filmmaker and comedian Olan Rogers.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-03 18:39:30 by Grapefoot » Logged

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-10-04 11:20:21 »

The resemblance is uncanny!  Wow!

My favorite part...

"butt cheeks, butt cheeks, butt cheeks, butt cheeks."
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-10-05 18:07:22 »

The resemblance is uncanny!  Wow!

My favorite part...

"butt cheeks, butt cheeks, butt cheeks, butt cheeks."

I agree. ;D
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-03-05 20:57:17 »

Canada.... why?

So you may have forgotten the show George of the Jungle that was on back in 2007.  It lasted one season and was on American networks as filler for a very short time. 

So anyways... the Canadian studio decided to make a second season in 2016/2017?  Nearly a decade later?  The video explains all the random changes they did.  They changed two of the main characters names and swapped them, gave a main character a new design, and everyone has new voices.  Why?  Why did they even make this?  No one asked for a second season!

I thought you all might be interested to be shocked about this as well.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-05 20:57:34 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2018-03-05 20:58:49 »

TBS just picked up a show from Regular Show creator called, "Close Enough." 

This show was supposed to premier in January 2018.  That month came and went and it never premiered.  :-\  I don't know what happened to the show.  No word about it.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2018-03-06 14:09:48 »

Oh my gosh... I remember that George of the Jungle Show.  I had totally forgotten about it till now. :(
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2018-03-06 18:57:16 »

So in light of Lewis C.K.'s sexual harassment woes, will The Cops end up getting the ax? 

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2018-03-06 20:15:24 »

"The Cops?"  Is that what you are referring too?  I've never heard of it before.

I've heard of the classic show, "Cops" and continue to regularly watch that. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2018-03-07 03:07:52 »

Neither have I.   Nor has anyone.  Apparently, the show (an animated police drama/buddy comedy, I guess) was never made; FX indeed suspended production after the acerbic comic's sexual misconduct allegations came to light. Louis C.K is becoming a non-entity, at least at family-friendly Disney; they even overdubbed all his lines in the Gravity Falls finale, and he won't be reprising his role in the Secret Life of Pets. Maybe he should change his name to "Farty McCrablice" in order to sell a show pilot?

« Last Edit: 2018-03-07 03:08:18 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: 2018-03-07 13:18:56 »

Oh, okay.  So I'm not just crazy then. ;D
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2018-04-01 01:07:50 »

Liberals freak out at this week's latest ''bombshell'' in Hollyweird.

South Park creators reveal they are REPUBLICANS.

South Park’ creators stun liberal group while receiving award: "We’re Republicans, seriously!"

“South Park” creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker have officially said they are Republican's though in the past they have said they are Libertarian. So what we have learned with this announcement is... Republicans can laugh at jokes about themselves whereas Democrats just get angry.  Wow, that sounds like something they would have written in a show.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-01 01:09:46 by MasterXtreme » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2018-04-24 14:26:29 »

Not sure where to post this.... The creator of SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK has died at age 94. 

Article
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2018-04-27 12:00:19 »

Bill Cosby could spend rest of life in prison for sex assault.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2018-04-27 12:20:58 »

This whole #MeToo moment could very easily have been called "the Cosby effect", you know.  Not to downplay sexual assault, of course, but why does Harvey Weinstein get his name on it instead of Kevin Spacey, Al Franken, Garrison Keillor, or any number of white liberal Hollywood power-brokers?  Would it have been racist to name it for a black man...even if he was a conservative who went on record calling out the negativity and violence in the rap culture? And why take away his doctorates and awards? Regardless of his character, he did earn those legitimately.  That's a bit more serious than taking someone's picture down from a cartoon studio wall following allegations of impropriety, or putting an asterisk by a player's name in a record book following an accusation of steroid use.

Pages: [1] 2 3 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Other Networks Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024