PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies of 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies of 2017  (Read 38384 times)
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #165 on: 2017-10-05 18:37:06 »

The early showing isn't really anything special. Tons of movies have evening showings the day before they come out. Almost every movie I've seen this year did it.

And as much as I want to. I'm not gonna see it tonight. I'm gonna drive down to LA tomorrow so I can see it with friends instead.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #166 on: 2017-10-06 22:53:24 »

Have a safe drive.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #167 on: 2017-10-22 21:52:21 »

Hollywood collapsing!  It's great!  Lol!  Their movies keep flopping because people are fed up with their crap! 

The latest box office bomb is BLADE RUNNER!  Warner is pulling the movie this week already because it has only made $66million!  HA!

SOURCE
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #168 on: 2017-11-15 13:19:48 »

JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVE GETS APPALLING REVIEWS

Justine League movie gets abysmal ratings, one of the worst films to date!

Apparently this movie is so bad, Rotten Tomatoes is holding back revealing the score until after the release of the film.  Don't want the negative reviews before the film release to the public? 

Will this be a box office BOMB?  I'm thinking it might.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-15 13:19:57 by Silverwing » Logged
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #169 on: 2017-11-15 22:02:29 »

DC and Warner Brothers have been trying to do with Justice League what Marvel and Disney did with the Avengers. I think its great to finally have live action versions of all these characters but these guys and writers have been doing it in the wrong way. Also the hype feeling just isn't there like it was with the Avengers. Marvel was the first one to do something like this and succeed in such a way. All these movies connecting, the characters all coming together, the Avengers was one of the most hyped and anticipated films ever and for damn good reason. Justice League, like a lot of others, seem so desperate to ride Marvel's coattails and do the same thing they don't put as much effort into some of their projects. It breaks my heart because DC has a plethora of great characters. Batman personally I think is the best superhero of them all. And you got Green Lantern, The Flash, Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow and all sorts of others. We've seen versions of these very characters written well and given compelling stories that you WANT to see completed, you want to follow them through it. With this DC Cinematic Universe, I have felt that for none of these versions of them EXCEPT for Wonder Woman.

But Justice League the movie may suck, but I think it may probably still get a good box office number.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #170 on: 2017-11-16 00:05:11 »

I think it will draw in decent numbers, not be a bomb, but be WAY below what the studio was hoping for.  Once the first week goes through and the bad reviews pour in, it will stagnate and be below their goals.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #171 on: 2017-11-17 12:56:36 »

Well let us know watch the numbers.  Opening day.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #172 on: 2017-11-17 14:58:58 »

"Justine League"?  is that a deliberate typo?  Pretty funny.   I mean, are people really that put off by emo Superman, tiny-boobed Wonder Woman, and Cyborg as a founding member that they're boycotting the film in droves?  Or are they just skipping the theaters and staying home to watch movies online in their underwear for free like I do? 

FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #173 on: 2017-11-26 21:12:52 »

I wonder how it's doing?
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #174 on: 2017-11-29 13:11:01 »

Pixar's Coco has been released and is getting good reviews, until people realize it is all about death.  HA!  It is the fourth highest grossing Thanksgiving release film so far, yet... YET.... it is struggling in the box office.  It will easily pass it's $175 million dollar budget, but it hasn't passed it yet after the first weekend and part of another week, which... is slow for a Pixar movie. I guess what I am saying is, that it isn't drawing in people as much as other Pixar films.

The film was released a month early in Mexico and has grossed a record high $41 million.  That is more then any other movie in pequino Mexico. 

Film review
« Last Edit: 2017-11-29 13:11:48 by MasterXtreme » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #175 on: 2017-12-14 00:22:36 »

So this weekend, the movie everyone will talk about is the new Star Wars film.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #176 on: 2017-12-14 00:26:11 »

Pixar's COCO

Pixar's Coco has been released and is getting good reviews, until people realize it is all about death.  HA!  It is the fourth highest grossing Thanksgiving release film so far, yet... YET.... it is struggling in the box office.  It will easily pass it's $175 million dollar budget, but it hasn't passed it yet after the first weekend and part of another week, which... is slow for a Pixar movie. I guess what I am saying is, that it isn't drawing in people as much as other Pixar films.

The film was released a month early in Mexico and has grossed a record high $41 million.  That is more then any other movie in pequino Mexico. 

Film review

UPDATE

The film had a very poor showing in the US.  As of December 12, 2017, the film has only made $138.5 million in the US.  That is a record low for Pixar.  All other countries combined drew in  $263 million.  This will be a dud for Pixar in terms of money compared to other Pixar films, but it still drew in way more then they spent to produce it.  In that sense, it was still a box office success. 

The film has garnered positive reviews.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-14 00:31:16 by MasterXtreme » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #177 on: 2017-12-14 00:30:44 »

Star Wars: The Last Jedi premiered on Dec 15, 2017.  The film is projected to be a hit, despite mediocre early reviews. 

In the United States, industry tracking has the film grossing around $200 million from 4,175 theaters in its opening weekend. Worldwide, the film is expected to debut to $424–440 million, including $224–240 million outside North America.[84] The estimated figure for the total the film will need to gross worldwide in order to break even is around $800 million.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #178 on: 2017-12-14 00:38:42 »

The last film that is of note and we will track coming out this weekend is...

Ferdinand (December 15, 2017 release date)

Early reviews are average to poor.  This is the next film attempt by Blue Sky Studios at an animated film.  They are known for the Ice Age franchise and Rio.

The film is being released alongside the heavy hitting Star Wars film, but is expect to bring in $15–20 million from 3,600 theaters in its opening weekend in the US.  John Cena plays the role of Ferdinand.

Here are my predictions.  I predict this film will perform worse then estimates and barely achieve the production costs of $111 million.  Heck, I doubt it will even hit that in the end of it's theater run.  Expect this to be a box office bomb.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-14 00:38:59 by MasterXtreme » Logged
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #179 on: 2017-12-14 01:19:07 »

Like The Cat in the Hat, Horton Hears a Who, or The Lorax, this film is based on a kid's book and essentially is a six-minute cartoon padded out to approx. 100 minutes with slick GGI, celebrity voices, and a barrage of fair to mediocre jokes.   You can see the original adaptation here.

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies of 2017 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024