PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Favorite and Least Favorite President 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite and Least Favorite President  (Read 7124 times)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« on: 2016-11-09 19:12:06 »

Rainey gave me the idea to make a topic for this, so we don't derail the ATaF topic anymore.

So, what the title says. Who is your favorite president and who is your least favorite president?

I think it would be cool to say our fave and least fave older presidents and then our fave and least fave modern presidents. Since there is a lot of president and hard to narrow them down.

I look forward to seeing what you guys have to say.

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-11-10 08:40:53 »

I'm not american but from what I've seen and heard on TV since the 90s.
I say my favorite president was either Obama or Clinton, least favorite Bush.
I only liked one candidate of this year's election and that was Sanders.

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-11-10 09:07:32 »

Which Bush? There's two of them. George H. W Bush Sr. and George W. Bush.

Do you have any favorite old timey presidents?

Bernie Sanders eh? How come? Let's get a discussion going.

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-11-10 09:19:09 »

Teddy Roosevelt always wins for me with his cousin in a very close second.

Least favorite is Reagan.  Didn't live under him but fück that guy.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-10 09:19:48 by Kyrl » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-11-10 11:28:21 »

I would have to say my favorite presidents would of course be George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt.  There are plenty others such as Dwight D. Eisenhower, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and Woodrow Wilson.

My favorite would be Ronald Reagan with how he handled world crisis and how our economy soured to the highest levels ever with him.  Our country saw prosperity only matched in the roaring 20's.  Under Reagan, a record of 16 million new jobs were created and HELD by the people who got them.  They were not temporary jobs!  That is astounding.  No President has ever come close to that number.  He built up our military and we saw all the latest technology that...ahem...we still use today in our Army.  He built us up and through strength we had peace.  Reagan also worked with Mikhail Gorbachev to completely rid of a particular type of nuclear weapons.  Both mutually agreed to get rid of them and it cut both nation's nuclear power down.  He also started a revival of American values. 

I like Teddy because he had the coolest smile, not to mention the guy was tough.  He was a Rough Rider and then after his Presidency he did an Amazon expedition and nearly died!  He was a Republican, but wasn't afraid to cross the aisles and was very progressive at the time.  That same progressive nature blocked his ideas in Congress a lot, but he was still able to achieve a lot for human rights and minorities.

My least favorite President would have to be William Henry Harrison.  He served like 31 days and died.  Nothing against the person, but they weren't able to do anything.  James Buchanan was also a horrid President.  He had issues with trying to unite the country, and he may have had good intentions, but he couldn't do it. 
« Last Edit: 2016-11-10 11:36:31 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-11-10 11:46:34 »

Favorites.

George Washington, Abe Lincoln, and Thomas Jefferson were my fav classical era Presidents.  But now based on President's I know about (I love history), they are as follows; Theodore Roosevelt, Grover Cleveland, Ronald Reagan, Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Gerald Ford, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush.

All these Presidents in my mind has at least two or more significant things done that merit a topping on my list.  Whether it was militarily, economically, or socially, all these President's went above and beyond. 

Not Favorites.

I'm am leaving out President's who were killed or died in office early.  We had a period of horrible President's starting with Zachary Taylor, then Millard Fillmore, Franklin Pierce, and ending with James Buchanan.  Our country was so screwed up after all those guys, who were a mix of Democrats and Whigs.  The country was so sick of that, they elected Abe Lincoln, the first official Republican, who turned out to be one o the greatest American president's of all time.  Another President I found meh, was Ulysses S. Grant, Andrew Johnson, Jimmy Carter, and Barack Obama.  All these people had at least three things that were jarringly bad. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-11-10 12:29:01 »

Abe Lincoln is my fav. 

My least favorite is a lot harder to come by.  I'm not quite sure, but it might be Obama because of all the problems recently due to him raising race issues again, or the bad economy and unemployment. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-11-10 13:25:32 »

My least fave has to be Andrew Jackassson. He kinda ruined the banks during the time. Bleh.

And my fave is Calvin Coolidge and Abe Lincoln.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-10 13:26:43 by Spookwagon » Logged

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-11-10 15:01:53 »

People often forget some of the good early presidents.  Johns Adams was pretty good, Thomas Jefferson was wonderful, then after him were other Jeffersonian President's who were also good like, James Madison, James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, and then Andrew Jackson.  I can understand why Andrew Jackson is controversial because he did some.... interesting things.  He did some good too, but he also used force against people who opposed his ideas (nothing horrid like other countries).

Of course Abe Lincoln is a fav, and George Washington always has a soft spot for me.  I always picture him crossing the Delaware.

Teddy Roosevelt was always a fav for me when in school and so was Franklin D. Roosevelt. 

In modern times, I would give both President Bush's a fair shot.  HW Bush did really good and his song, W. Bush was very strong in his first term.  Ronald Reagan is easily a top contender.  Bill Clinton was good in his second term, and when he worked with Republican's, they created a terrific economy. 

A President who often gets looked down upon is Richard Nixon.  He actually did a ton of amazing things as President such as the initial formation of AMTRAK, and National Parks, etc.  It is a shame it was tainted by Watergate.  But if you look him up, he did amazing things and worked real hard for international diplomacy.

Calvin Coolidge, I will admit, I don't know a lot about, but I can see he advocated small government and helped restore the White House after numerous scandals before his presidency from previous Prez's.  He might be near the top.

Poor presidents that I remember from school was Warren G. Harding. He was full of lies and scandals, just before Coolidge became Pres.  I also don't think Grant was a good President, just because he was a drunk all the time.  But I don't know much else about him, I know he was a wonderful and brilliant Civil War general, and i respect him for that.

Closer to current day, I wasn't too fond of Obama's second term and how poorly he worked with anyone other then his own part.  So he would be near the bottom.  He became extreme divisive and one sided in everything he did.  I didn't like his ego.

Jimmy Carter may be the peanut farmer from Georgia, but under him, we had a horrible time in the 70s with oil the oil crisis.  I am sure he did all he could, but it just wasn't too good.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-11-10 15:07:11 »

Eh, I'm not a fan of John Adams. He tried to suppress free speech at one point in his presidency. I do really like the Thomas Jefferson though.

Oh my god, Nixon! He was good. It is a shame his presidency were tainted.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-11-10 15:14:39 »

Nixon actually did a lot of good during his Presidency, but because he got caught up in Watergate, that negated it all it seems.  He actually did a lot less in terms of what Hillary's emails have been revealing, or the other stuff WikiLeaks has revealed. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-11-10 15:20:04 »

Tis a shame.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-11-10 15:28:33 »

Tis.  Surely. :) 

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-11-11 18:58:17 »

Nixon was not that bad of a President.  That is true.  He actually may have been considered one of the better President's if Watergate didn't happen. 

What made that situation so bad was because Nixon's administration tried to cover it up, that they broke into the DNC office at the Watergate Building, which is where we get the name.  The problems began with the arrest of five people for breaking and entering into the DNC headquarters at the Watergate complex on June 17, 1972. The FBI investigated and discovered a connection between cash found on the burglars and a slush fund used by the Committee for the Re-Election of the President (CRP), the official organization of Nixon's campaign.

The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously ruled that the president was obligated to release the tapes to government investigators, and he eventually complied. These audio recordings implicated the president, revealing he had attempted to cover up activities that took place after the break-in and to use federal officials to deflect the investigation.  Nixon faced impeachment and a conviction by the Senate, but he was allowed to resign, and the next president, Gerald Ford, kindly pardoned Nixon. 

To this day, the actual reason for breaking into the office isn't fully known.  Richard Nixon of course was very upset with all this, as he was a very popular guy and was before this point, a rising star.  After that, the country hated him.  In various documents by Nixon, he felt so horrible about the situation and hated the feeling of everyone hated him.  He figured no one would think well of him or remember him, or show up to his funeral when he passed. 

Nixon had a complex personality, both very secretive and awkward, yet strikingly reflective about himself. He was inclined to distance himself from people and was formal in all aspects, wearing a coat and tie even when home alone.  He wasn't confident in himself sadly.  Make no doubts about it, Nixon wanted to be a great President, but his involvement with Watergate forever screwed that up. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-11-11 19:28:17 »

My friends older sister who took advanced history said apparently he was very self concious about what people said about him. And that's what helped lead to his downfall actually or something. I forget the exacts of it. But it was something like that.

Pages: [1] 2 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Favorite and Least Favorite President « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024