PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Pixar Animation Studios Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pixar Animation Studios Discussion  (Read 19327 times)
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2020-03-28 21:19:21 »

Wow, that's a big burn on a Pixar film.  Disney just expects to print money with them.  Ouch.

Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2020-04-05 13:45:48 »

Onward was amazing, I really liked it!
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: 2020-04-05 14:15:43 »

Disney is taking a financial hit to Onward and no word on if they will re-release it in theaters. 

But Disney did say they would "re-release it on Disney+."  So they won't make any money on that....

Now will "Soul" be pushed back to a different release date?

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: 2020-04-05 19:27:32 »

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: 2020-04-06 16:22:57 »

I feel bad for 'Onward.'  I know Pixar puts a lot of effort in their films and to have this one bomb at no fault of their own stinks.  It will forever be a stain financially even though it wasn't their fault even in the slightest.

Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2020-04-09 17:17:25 »

Yeah, that really sucks it flopped. I really hope that doesn't hurt peaple's opinions on the movie, since I really loved it!
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: 2020-04-10 01:43:29 »

Blame the virus for its failure.

Someday will it be seen a forgotten Pixar gem that never got its due?  Who knows.
LocoLover3

I say what I like and I like what I say. So there.

Email
« Reply #37 on: 2020-04-10 10:38:55 »

That sucks! Onward looks like a beautiful film. ( I haven't seen it yet.)

I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2020-04-10 11:48:36 »

Blame the virus for its failure.

Someday will it be seen a forgotten Pixar gem that never got its due?  Who knows.

It hasn't been particularly rated high among critics.  Onwards is a middling to average film at best.  Nothing original about it.  If you remove the weird characters, it could be told and set in a normal world... so it's really nothing special other than Pixar's stunning ability to animate and design.

That said, this film might receive a small cult following, but overall, I think it will be a forgotten Pixar film never getting the limelight it may have deserved.  It will just be forgotten... like "A Bugs' Life," "Brave," and "The Good Dinosaur."
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: 2020-10-14 22:17:41 »

And it's official... Pixar's Soul has been downgraded to be released on Disney Plus on December 25, 2020.

This is really sad to see movies be forced onto streaming services... Without being given the chance to be seen by the masses and to have some exclusivity for awhile.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2020-10-21 23:50:25 »

This is a pretty nice video on Pixar's progression with humans.  It's quite enlightening and amazing when you see how much they've improved.  It never seemed "outdated" when the films originally released, but the progression speaks for itself looking back on it.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: 2020-11-24 19:22:16 »

Soul comes out Dec 25 still... Hmmmm. The downgrade is too bad to hear about.  I guess until theaters maybe someday open, that's all we can ask for.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2020-11-24 23:30:09 »

Soul doesn't interest me based on the adverts.  It did interest me when we saw the man walking around Manhattan, but then when they became cartoony blobs, I lost interest.  I would love to see Pixar be able to make a living world in a movie as shown when the man is walking around the city and interacting with it.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2020-12-27 18:26:07 »

The new film, Soul is out.  It is a much more mature and intellectual take on thoughts brought up in the movie "Inside Out."  It's much more aimed towards an adult audience.  Without going into spoilers, this whole film is unexpected.  It is a very good film but it's conclusion maybe isn't as impactful as it is relatable.   It's a very subtle film too.  If you are worried much of the film is blue blobs, thankfully it isn't, and we get to see much of NYC and the living world.  If you liked Coco and Inside Out, but want something a tad more mature, you might enjoy this film. :)

8/10.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: 2020-12-28 15:35:13 »

Thanks for the mini review, Smiles.  I will watch it eventually. 
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Pixar Animation Studios Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024