PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 339 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 491797 times)
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #540 on: 2020-11-30 22:04:58 »

Now if they could only make puddles and wet roads look good when it rains.
Without good puddle physics it doesn’t make sense :nervoussmile:.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #541 on: 2020-11-30 22:05:17 »

That is totally ok.  They can take a break (Even though they are still working).  I hope they can take a real break too.  It's been a crazy year and the amount of content they still provided (quality content) was astounding.  They somehow did it away from the officer too, I guess showing the world how much money is being wasted in office leasing....

The new colors truly excite me.  The fact we could have realistic lighting is a big step in the right direction for the graphics looking better as a whole.

Besides, SCS never said Iberia was coming out in 2020.... So really, this isn't a delay.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-30 22:05:37 by RainySunshine » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #542 on: 2020-12-01 08:36:48 »

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #543 on: 2020-12-01 15:15:42 »

Wow... has SCS ever delayed anything publicly like this before?

Not publicly that I know of, but it wasn't a delay really.  They've turned it into a delay, but they never said Iberia was coming out in 2020.  So really, this isn't news that they made news.  It was the false expectations of the players expecting it to come in December.  They never gave a release date.  Even on Steam it always said "Coming Soon" is all.  Not Q4 2020.   The colors to me seem to show the most noticeable change at dusk and dawn, when the sun plays with colors.

------------

The new lighting in the trailer looks real good in some areas and others it doesn't seem noticeably different.  What I did notice thought was a Norwegian ship that says Fjord Cruises.com or something which is funny since we're in Spain...
« Last Edit: 2020-12-01 15:16:16 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #544 on: 2020-12-01 15:41:39 »

I really hope people aren't giving SCS a hard time over this.  There should be no reason.  This company has given us so much in return, that people shouldn't be rude to them.  They've been honest and respectful for years. It really makes me sad seeing angry commenters.  :-\
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #545 on: 2020-12-01 21:07:28 »

This actually works out great.  Good things come to those who are patient.

This gives us time to enjoy ATS and really dive deep into Colorado and Idaho.  We also have a new Western Star truck and soon a Freightliner truck. :) 

Then when we have driving our hearts out in ATS, we will have a whole new region to explore in ETS2 plus a beautiful new graphics engine!  It will come quicker than we expect. :)

(Who would have thought a trucking simulator game topic would be the 6th most viewed topic in the gaming board of PSF!)
« Last Edit: 2020-12-01 21:08:37 by Captain Ridiculous » Logged

I'm here for the camaraderie.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #546 on: 2020-12-01 21:16:14 »

Well, I can add I have installed the Viva La France DLC only a four months after it came out — back then I have not explored the most of other territory ;D.
And now, judging from «...% of players have this achievement» comments on game’s achievement page, a huge amount of players didn’t go in this game so deep, so more-late-than-usual release of the territorial DLC will be almost unnoticed for them ;D — even the basic map is pretty large, especially if compared with first ATS map with two states and in 1:35 scale.
(Who would have thought a trucking simulator game topic would be the 6th most viewed topic in the gaming board of PSF!)
The sixth because it’s pretty fresh. If you look at the number of replies — it’s fourth ;D.

UPD:
So, the first impression: I LOVE ITS ENGINE BRAKE! Reminded me how three years ago I drove newest Scania with V8 and my favorite sound was the «trrrrrrrrr»-ing when you release the throttle at 1500 RPM on the high speed. Cascadia’s engine brake have even better song! And if it’s not enough — listen to Cascadia’s air horn, it can fill you with need to attach the RM or TP double and cosplay the train on the road ;D.
There is some detail I find weird-looking — that wide mirror mount, just compare it with 49X! (... but I understand that was made for better aerodynamic)

Also, I can’t place any horns on short sleeper cab along with that spoiler, but you clearly see a lot of free room there:

But I love the fact they finally made more than three cabs for one truck, and the chassis for the short sleeper is shorter than chassis for W900’s or 389’s daycab. Also, the amount of optional bumpers and sideksirts reminds me aforementioned Scania ;D. And we should say goodbye to second vertical exhaust pipe and 200 gallon tanks on daycab chassis — there is only 160 now. If compare with Mack, the latter have more black-or-chromed detail options than Cascadia, but the Freddy (or it’s Cassie?) have 600-hp engine and don’t require to widen the FOV to ridiculous numbers to see the left mirror ;D. Anyway, now we have the most popular truck, and I definitely like it more than Mack :P.

P.S. I hope that they will made more Freightliner dealers later. A half of states even didn’t have them! ::|
« Last Edit: 2020-12-02 12:29:41 by timmelon » Logged
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #547 on: 2020-12-02 16:02:23 »

Oh this is exciting!  Can't wait to buy a Cascadia and drive it. :D

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #548 on: 2020-12-03 12:09:58 »

Fourth day in a row with a good new!
Today it’s a release of Cabin Accessories DLC for ATS!
I can’t say this is a really important thing, but I have already bought it ;D.

Well, I’m impressed: you can have a guitar, a fishing bag and even the ATS game box! And this is not a final gift from SCS: European counterpart of this DLC will be upgraded too till the end of this year. So, the developer continues to work on the game like nothing happened.
P.S. The first thing I tried to do is to cover that horrible half-tinted back window on 49X’s daycab with a flag. But the daycab doesn’t have this slot. :'( What a bummer ;D.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #549 on: 2020-12-03 15:44:01 »

Geez.  SCS is spoiling us after giving us some news that didn't upset me in any way, lol.

I am going to get a giant American flag in the back of my truck. :D
« Last Edit: 2020-12-03 15:44:39 by Wolfwood » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #550 on: 2020-12-04 00:53:01 »

I am literally crying (in my head) right now boys.

I was in Ontario, ID and wanted to buy a Freightliner.  So I drove to the dealerships I hadn't discovered yet... no Freightliner.  Then I drove to Oregon and hit those, nothing....  Next Washington. Also nothing...

Then I went to California and hit the last three I didn't discover.  NOTHING.

WHAT THE HECK.  How does the whole west coast not have a Freightliner dealer despite their headquarters being in Portland, ORE and Vancouver, WA!?!?!?

So then I got made.  I travelled to my shop in Colorado (it was late, so I only had time to discover the one closest to me) it wasn't Freightliner.

WHERE THE FUUUUUUUUUUUDGE is a Freightliner dealership?!  AAAARRRGGHHH!!!

I will try again tomorrow.  I seriously went to over a dozen dealerships that I hadn't discovered and NONE was Freightliner.  Lots of Mack and a few Volvo's, a Western Star here and there, and even a Peterbilt I hadn't discovered in Idaho!
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #551 on: 2020-12-04 00:57:49 »

The funny thing was when I bought my Cascadia: I saw an undiscovered dealer in Fort Collins (CO), took an order there and after I arrived I have noticed that there was another dealer in Oxnard, and it was discovered by default right after I installed that DLC ;D (I didn’t drive to California a couple of months). So I bought my first Freightliner 30 minutes later than I hoped.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-04 01:02:24 by timmelon » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #552 on: 2020-12-04 01:00:54 »

The funny thing was when I bought my Cascadia: I saw an undiscovered dealer in Fort Collins (CO), took an order there and after I arrived I have noticed that there was another dealer in California, and it was discovered by default right after I installed that DLC ;D. So I bought my first Freightliner 30 minutes later than I hoped.

What?!  Where in California?!  I got every dealer (At least I thought I did).  Luckily I am near enough to Fort Collins, I can drive there tomorrow night after work.  I purchased the cabin add ons today to and really wanted to try it all out with the Freightliner.

Of course I got to do nothing but get frustrated the entire time, lol.  I was raging.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-04 01:01:28 by Wolfwood » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #553 on: 2020-12-04 01:03:11 »

Oxnard. I have corrected my previous post ;D.

It used to be a Western Star dealer and later they replaced it with Freightliner, so that’s why it was discovered when I got an upgrade with Cascadia.
So, there is a tip for the future: always visit the truck dealers when you are driving somewhere nearby and you will not have a lot of question mark symbols when the time of shopping will come ;D.

As you see, there is another dealer in St. George (SF has Volvo, I just didn’t be there :nervoussmile:), and that’s all. So I was wrong — it’s not a half of states without a Freightliner dealer, it’s a two thirds of them ;D.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-04 03:08:25 by timmelon » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #554 on: 2020-12-04 12:59:45 »

I was confused, because a few dealerships I had previously discovered became "undiscovered."  Did that happen to anyone else?

For example, I had visited the Volvo dealer in SF, yet yesterday it appeared as a question mark, BUT was still highlighted in yellow saying I had been there!  I remember specifically going there many times to get my Volvo truck fixed since I have a garage right down the road. 
Pages: < 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 339 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024