PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 345 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 509860 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #555 on: 2020-12-04 15:42:45 »

I am literally crying (in my head) right now boys.

I was in Ontario, ID and wanted to buy a Freightliner.  So I drove to the dealerships I hadn't discovered yet... no Freightliner.  Then I drove to Oregon and hit those, nothing....  Next Washington. Also nothing...

Then I went to California and hit the last three I didn't discover.  NOTHING.

WHAT THE HECK.  How does the whole west coast not have a Freightliner dealer despite their headquarters being in Portland, ORE and Vancouver, WA!?!?!?

So then I got made.  I travelled to my shop in Colorado (it was late, so I only had time to discover the one closest to me) it wasn't Freightliner.

WHERE THE FUUUUUUUUUUUDGE is a Freightliner dealership?!  AAAARRRGGHHH!!!

I will try again tomorrow.  I seriously went to over a dozen dealerships that I hadn't discovered and NONE was Freightliner.  Lots of Mack and a few Volvo's, a Western Star here and there, and even a Peterbilt I hadn't discovered in Idaho!

I did a very similar thing.  I had to finish driving a delivery from Colorado to Everett, Washington.  On the way I stopped at the only truck dealer I hadn't discovered in the state, Yakima. I hoped it was a Freighterliner dealer and it wasn't!  I haven't found a Freightliner dealer yet, but it seems it must be the few places in Colorado and Utah I hadn't discovered.  Maybe St. George, Utah has one?
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #556 on: 2020-12-04 22:48:34 »

I finally got my Cascadia.  Loaded it up, put some fishing poles in the back and my clothes bag.  Now I feel like a REAL American trucker. :D
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #557 on: 2020-12-05 00:31:31 »

Finally got a Cascadia but didn't have to drive it much further than out of the dealership and about four blocks, lol.  Time for bed.  Very excited to try it out towing a load.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #558 on: 2020-12-05 05:32:24 »

It’s like some kind of Cascadia’s Curse ;D — since the new truck came out, I suddenly got some amount of extra work, and don’t have so much time to test Cascadia as well.
However, I have noticed that the FPS drop is more apparent when I look from Cascadia’s driver seat, if compare with Lonestar or 49X. Of course, maybe it’s just because I have too high graphic setups, but I definitely don’t want to lower them while driving there:

So, I think that some optimization will be made in the next patches if the reason is really a heavy truck interior model ;D. In addition, that FPS drop is not so critical — it’s smaller than while driving in Colorado’s forests at daytime.
Loaded it up, put some fishing poles in the back and my clothes bag.
I love that accessory too even despite I am not a fishery fan ;D. And the sticker slots for a fridge is a really awesome idea.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-05 05:34:41 by timmelon » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #559 on: 2020-12-05 15:53:49 »

^ Great photo and you got the same colored truck as me! :D  I know that section of freeway. :)  I'm surprised you didn't get your typical red truck!  That blue is pretty hard to pass up though, it's beautiful.

In person, that blue is spectacular.

Fun fact for everyone, initially, since Freightliner is from the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon) they named all their trucks after regional things from that region.  Their trucks were the Columbia (Columbia River) and Cascadia (informal name of the region).  They ended production of the Columbia recently, but word is they are maybe going to bring it back in some form.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-05 15:55:21 by MasterXtreme » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #560 on: 2020-12-05 21:32:35 »

I'm surprised you didn't get your typical red truck!
When that screenshot was published here, I already have got one ;):

Due to sound of its horn I never wanted to drive Cascadia with a single trailer so far ;D. And actually, only four from current 12 garages have red trucks: the other ones are orange (3 garages), blue (2), black (2) and... uhm... electric pink :nervoussmile: (1) — when the color circle arrived to ATS, I tried to use some named color for an experiment ;D. Also, in this year’s profile I have «Progress» wheel model (painted or chromed) on all my trucks — I like it much more than other wheels.
And, while exploring the new truck further, I noticed than now Cascadia has an engine with the lowest torque peak — DD 16 600’s have their 2050 lb·ft @ 975 rpm, when the 625-hp Caterpillar — only at 1200 (600-hp Volvo and Cummins are between them, and Paccar doesn’t have so much big engine, although it have a peak at 900 rpm), so it’s easier to climb on I-70 with the same fuel consumption ;D. Another interesting thing — if you set up the Aero-X deflector on the roof, you can’t use the vertical exhaust pipe at all — another step towards Europe ::|.
So, I tried the biggest cab for a new truck, but I see it’s optimal for me to use the one with 48" sleeper — even if it looks childish in front of high-roof one (the same feeling as about how Actros MP3’s low floor cab looks if compared to high-floor one, despite the upper part height is similar), the difference in maximum fuel capacity is lowest among all other trucks (240 vs 220), all aerodynamic stuff is available, the chassis is shorter than some of daycabs — so, the real advantage of the most expensive sleeper is the look ;D.
...they named all their trucks after regional things from that region.  Their trucks were the Columbia (Columbia River) and Cascadia (informal name of the region).
Well, before 2000’s there was no toponymical names, even the Coronado came out in 2001.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #561 on: 2020-12-05 21:35:50 »

^ True, true. Prior, they were naming stuff just dumb numbers, but that was before they realized they could be more creative. ;D

I also noticed the low torque peak!  That made me very happy and I purchased it.  So far it's been a great truck.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #562 on: 2020-12-05 21:59:59 »

^ True, true. Prior, they were naming stuff just dumb numbers, but that was before they realized they could be more creative. ;D
And before 80’s they have double name of their truck brand (the first part eventually became American Volvo) — that scene from «Convoy» movie would look more funny if they would gave the black driver the White Freightliner truck instead of the Brockway.

UPD: SCS didn’t forget to remind us that they are packing the last orders made in their merchandise shop. I hope that sales of Cabin Accessories DLC will be higher ;D — they launched it at the perfect time.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-07 09:35:07 by timmelon » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #563 on: 2020-12-08 15:41:26 »

I'm sad to see the SCS Shop closing.  I had forgotten I wanted to support them before it closed.  They should have advertised it a bit more so I could have remembered, lol.

Kinda stinks we can't get SCS stuff anymore.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #564 on: 2020-12-09 11:07:53 »

So, the scenery gets greener and greener, and the balance is shifting in the ATS favor. Again ;D. And some whining about this have been spotted in the comments, what a surprise ;D.
At least, there is no ungrateful comments like «Give us Iberia, we don’t need an announcement for a new state after a month since the previous one have been released!», but only for now ::|.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-09 11:15:11 by timmelon » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #565 on: 2020-12-09 23:01:17 »

How does this look so incredible?  It looks even better than Colorado... visually!  Is it the new shaders?
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #566 on: 2020-12-09 23:17:18 »

I am starting to fear about the performance of my video card ;D.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #567 on: 2020-12-10 13:41:57 »

I'm worried about my computer now too.  It looks great, but I might have to play it on medium or low, lol.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #568 on: 2020-12-10 21:45:37 »

I haven't upgraded my computer since 2015... oh no, lol!
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #569 on: 2020-12-10 22:10:43 »

2015? ;D
My hardware, except the input/output devices, lives from 2012, and only the video card was replaced a year ago (I even remember what truck I drove when it suddenly died ;D).
I don’t play new games so much, and ETS/ATS are the only ones where I have concerns about the performance. So, from one side I needed to do an upgrade a long time ago, but turns out this upgrade is needed only because of one game :-\.
Well... I purchased and upgraded a steering wheel for one game ;D, so I think it’s time to make a correction in the «PC FOR TES 6» tag on my piggy bank.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-10 22:58:32 by timmelon » Logged
Pages: < 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 345 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024