PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 345 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 509972 times)
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #795 on: 2021-03-15 21:56:06 »

...and top 3 in most posted, being the youngest ;D.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #796 on: 2021-03-15 21:58:08 »

I was just looking that up too.  It gets a lot of views from outside our community too.  Lots of lurkers who are not members of the forum. 
« Last Edit: 2021-03-15 21:58:32 by MasterXtreme » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #797 on: 2021-03-17 12:41:07 »

So, what else SCS may wrote about a long-awaited DLC?
The announcement of a national paint job pack update, of course!
The hype train is getting extremely long, I think its further growth can be dangerous. But we don’t afraid that danger: even if the price of Iberia will be higher than previous DLC’s, I will buy it in the first day (Colorado DLC was bought in 15 minutes after release ;D), and I hope there willl not be funny bugs like invisible holes in the road near Portland and Kennewick :nervoussmile:.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #798 on: 2021-03-17 21:12:53 »

Some insider spoilage info.  DO NOT CLICK if you don't want to see it.  It involves DLCs.

Spoiler (hover to show)
Development for Montana is very far along, they just haven't announced it yet.  It is very possible it will be "done" when Montana is finally revealed to the public.  It will give the developers more time to work far ahead on other states, further than anyone expects.  People will think they are working on Montana when in reality they will be virtually done with it and already working on other states not announced.

This makes perfect sense and is exciting to hear.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #799 on: 2021-03-18 14:34:22 »

Some insider spoilage info.  DO NOT CLICK if you don't want to see it.  It involves DLCs.

Spoiler (hover to show)
Development for Montana is very far along, they just haven't announced it yet.  It is very possible it will be "done" when Montana is finally revealed to the public.  It will give the developers more time to work far ahead on other states, further than anyone expects.  People will think they are working on Montana when in reality they will be virtually done with it and already working on other states not announced.

Thank you so much!  I guess I kind of figured this, but it's good to know they are really doing it for smoother releases.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #800 on: 2021-03-19 12:15:25 »

No 1.40 today ;D. I hope the long-long-awaited update will come out next week.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #801 on: 2021-03-19 17:00:49 »

1.40 will come out on a Tuesday or a Thursday.

Wyoming truck stops look nice especially at night.  I like the new lighting on that gas station. 

To be honest... I never use truck stops in the game.

New van alert!! Photo 5, old fashioned American van that looks similar to the old Dodge Ram Van camper!  Love it!  Fits the Wyoming-ness.  Also I can't help but notice the "DRIVER" gas station logo looks similar to the Driver Games logo of the past.  I'm sure it's a little easter egg nod. :) Photo six shows a similar paint scheme but it now says DRIVING?  Maybe 'Driver' is for normal commuters and 'Driving' is for the truckers.  If so, clever.

« Last Edit: 2021-03-19 17:04:47 by Silverwing » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #802 on: 2021-03-19 23:01:51 »

Oh, some times ago every new screenshot pack was examined under a microscope to find another sign of presense of some new trucks or trailers ;D. Today, when the truck manufacturer’s list is full (and there is more screenshots in one pack ;D), I see I am starting to lose this habit. And some upgrades like 2- or 4-axle chassis, have been announced straightforwardly, wighout any clues or hints.
And yes, I love those vans with a ladder on back door too — especially when there is a rack on the roof. Like that van with some glass sheets, SCS should make the van with some luggage on the roof ;D. Hmm, I didn’t pay attention that not every Ford in the game is Frog, and Tough brand is much more popular.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #803 on: 2021-03-20 13:22:23 »

I really don't like the bad names SCS chooses for their "fictional" car brands.  They could do so much better than Frog.  Not to mention the inconsistency with some real brands having multiple fictional brand names.  I can't be tired of seeing so many Voltison dealerships.  Even weirder since they only seem to manufacturer ONE car, yet they are everywhere.

Also why does Voltison have car dealerships... but also auto parts stores? 

I am sure a lot of this wasn't thought out all that in depth, but now that the world keeps getting bigger, they put a little more effort into this stuff.

I wish they put more effort into it like how Rockstar does with their worlds.  But it's okay...

They should work on the fictional auto brands thought.  Make that better.

But that is my biggest complaint, and it's honestly not that important, lol.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #804 on: 2021-03-22 17:35:19 »

I noticed two things from this image.  Descriptions in spoiler box.

Fullsize

Spoiler (hover to show)

1. There is a cloud in the sky.
2. PostEd van!  I think that is a new vehicle.  We've seen PostEd delivery box trucks before, but I don't think a regular van has been used in the game up until this point.  They've used that van model for other things in the game, but the PostEd livery I think is new.

I really don't like the bad names SCS chooses for their "fictional" car brands.  They could do so much better than Frog.  Not to mention the inconsistency with some real brands having multiple fictional brand names.  I can't be tired of seeing so many Voltison dealerships.  Even weirder since they only seem to manufacturer ONE car, yet they are everywhere.

Also why does Voltison have car dealerships... but also auto parts stores? 

I am sure a lot of this wasn't thought out all that in depth, but now that the world keeps getting bigger, they put a little more effort into this stuff.

I wish they put more effort into it like how Rockstar does with their worlds.  But it's okay...

They should work on the fictional auto brands thought.  Make that better.

But that is my biggest complaint, and it's honestly not that important, lol.

I agree with all of this!
« Last Edit: 2021-03-22 17:36:42 by Silverwing » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #805 on: 2021-03-23 13:55:15 »

1.40 will come out on a Tuesday or a Thursday.
Yes.
So, we can finally test the triple rear axle chassis — a true extreme truck for a true extreme load:

(^this is a screenshot I wanted to make since I heard about new chassis for a first time ;D). Aaand I think I need to find another image hosting — as you see, the current one downscales any large images to 1920 px width >:(, so my screenshots are smaller here.
Now, this is more adequate for me ;D. I think I will spend a lot of time driving short doubles or triples with a short tractor — most of them look pretty normal (but a bit funny :D) and, at least, real. Also, they give some nostalgic feelings about Hard Truck 2, where the cheapest tractor was ZiL-5423, pretty cute vehicleTopolino from 18WoS is no match for him.
Of course, as usual for this year, I have recently got more work, so I can’t fully enjoy new lighting engine for now. But the skyboxes look so great (my orange truck paint in cloudy environment — not so much :nervoussmile:)! Well, at weekends noone will distract me, so I have to carry on just three more days ;D.
What I didn’t like in 1.40 from the start — the POV adjustment menu starts from a small panel with three buttons (without «Back» :-0), and it’s much more slow than pressing F4 several times until you enter the right menu.
« Last Edit: 2021-03-23 14:59:04 by timmelon » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #806 on: 2021-03-23 16:31:26 »

YES. YES. YES!!!  I am very excited to see how this new lighting looks and what kind of hit it puts on performance. :D  Also I am very excited we can now search for a job by CITY and COMPANY/BRAND.  It's about time.

Also shocked and surprised that SCS added the new Western Star variants including the "relaxed" front.  I very much prefer that style to the flat fronted one. The headlights look much nicer.
« Last Edit: 2021-03-23 16:33:53 by MasterXtreme » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #807 on: 2021-03-23 16:32:34 »

So, we can finally test the triple rear axle chassis — a true extreme truck for a true extreme load...

You live a daring life there. lol!  Be careful, that's an extreme loud!  One of those tires might fall off and hit a pedestrian!

Happy trucking this weekend.  We won't bother you. ;) 
« Last Edit: 2021-03-23 16:34:43 by MasterXtreme » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #808 on: 2021-03-23 16:35:25 »

2. PostEd van!  I think that is a new vehicle.  We've seen PostEd delivery box trucks before, but I don't think a regular van has been used in the game up until this point.  They've used that van model for other things in the game, but the PostEd livery I think is new.

I think you are right.

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #809 on: 2021-03-24 14:17:23 »

Oh, I think they just didn’t want to make too long post and have splitted it in two parts ;D.
Unlike the ATS update, the European one caught me at night, so I got a chance to test new lighting engine from version 1.40 at 1.40 am near Duisburg (on a freshly revamped highway).
So, this is how mid-European black night looks in this version now:
From outside it’s not so pitch black, but still looks as dark as Italy or New Mexico:

So, the next step is to check how the night looks in Finland and Italy now. Now awaiting for a weekend became even more unbearable for me :nervoussmile:.
Pages: < 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 345 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024