PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Booster or energizing foods to eat during stress? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Booster or energizing foods to eat during stress?  (Read 1809 times)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2019-06-02 18:38:39 »

Honest question here. What food do you guys like to eat or drink when you want to perk yourself up or get energized?

It's been a stressful, down kind of week for me. I mentioned this over on deviantart, but I'll say it here too. A tornado warning happened and even though a tornado didn't touch down where I was at, one did touch down about 20 minutes away. Mother nature can be scary when she wants to be...

Anyway, back on topic. I'm feeling stressed and I want to eat something that will make me feel better or have more energy. What foods do you guys like to eat during stressful times? =)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2019-06-02 21:18:45 »

That is scary.  Sounds like you live in a place with seasonal tornadoes. 

Well something that calms me down down when stressed or I want to just have a rush of feel-goodness is sweets!  Lol!  Chocolate, ice cream, all the unhealthy stuff.

But something that also really helps and IS healthy for you is freshly sliced mangoes.  I love them!  I also love the packaged kind you can buy at the grocery store.

Tea also is a good calming drink.

Now if we go away from foods, your own belief system of faith can definitely actually help you calm down.  Reading a book or reading a Bible, etc.  All that really does calm you down, especially if nervously taking shelter during a storm.  Praying too.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-02 21:19:48 by RainySunshine » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2019-06-02 21:23:01 »

You know those little booster tablets you put in a drink and stir around?  I think it's like vitamin C or something like AIRBORNE.  That really gives you a boost.  Also trail mix and granola bars.  There is also coffee and caffeine. But I am not sure having an energy dense food will be best for stress.  You want something that calms you down, not make you more tense.

I've been told dark chocolate, almonds, walnuts, and avocados actually help relieve stress.
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2019-06-03 10:16:07 »

That is scary.  Sounds like you live in a place with seasonal tornadoes. 

Well something that calms me down down when stressed or I want to just have a rush of feel-goodness is sweets!  Lol!  Chocolate, ice cream, all the unhealthy stuff.

But something that also really helps and IS healthy for you is freshly sliced mangoes.  I love them!  I also love the packaged kind you can buy at the grocery store.

Tea also is a good calming drink.

Now if we go away from foods, your own belief system of faith can definitely actually help you calm down.  Reading a book or reading a Bible, etc.  All that really does calm you down, especially if nervously taking shelter during a storm.  Praying too.

Thank you for replying to my question Rainy =) This means a lot to me.

You know those little booster tablets you put in a drink and stir around?  I think it's like vitamin C or something like AIRBORNE.  That really gives you a boost.  Also trail mix and granola bars.  There is also coffee and caffeine. But I am not sure having an energy dense food will be best for stress.  You want something that calms you down, not make you more tense.

I've been told dark chocolate, almonds, walnuts, and avocados actually help relieve stress.

I have the cheap walmart stuff that you put in water bottles to give fruit punch flavor or grape flavor to water bottles. I do have trail mix too but I haven't tried that yet.

Thank you APD for your suggestions! =) Your reply means a lot to me.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2019-06-03 14:22:55 »

Eating healthy foods is the best, but also the most boring.

Maybe a bag of baby carrots or snap peas.  I agree with mixed nuts or a healthy trail mix and some dark chocolate pieces. 
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2019-06-04 14:14:59 »

Chocolate has always helped me.  I know it's not the best choice, but if you choose dark chocolate it's a better choice.

Also tea.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
ppl16

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2019-06-18 09:25:27 »

I personally like eating almonds or bananas when I'm stressed. Apples are a great choice too. If you need something sweet, try a square of dark chocolate, like others have mentioned.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Booster or energizing foods to eat during stress? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024