PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Top Bolt" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "Top Bolt"  (Read 33998 times)
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #135 on: 2016-10-15 18:20:07 »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jja5owdm6dm6f2w/preview.mp4?dl=0

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #136 on: 2016-10-15 18:20:35 »

Ah! Thank you! :)

Couldn't resist that sneeze either, I see. XD
« Last Edit: 2016-10-15 18:25:22 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #137 on: 2016-10-15 20:34:01 »

The episode was more then a "fake" sneeze.  There was entire banter and talk about sneezing.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #138 on: 2016-10-15 20:35:58 »

Ha!  The preview gave away the whole reaction to the thing almost. 

I loved her sneeze, but I LOVED how they talked about the sneeze. 

Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #139 on: 2016-10-15 20:37:56 »

"I was voted Best Sneeze." still cracks me up xD

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #140 on: 2016-10-15 20:47:27 »

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #141 on: 2016-10-15 21:03:58 »

I mean, normal people talk about sneezes....
It's not just a fetish thing lol.

If it happens people talk about it. Like my other friends occasioanlly bring it up and talk about how some people have cute sounding sneezings.

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #142 on: 2016-10-15 21:53:09 »

It was a pretty cool scene though.  As someone who likes sneezes, and then they go on about it.  It was pretty cool. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #143 on: 2016-10-15 23:30:00 »

Overreacting is what we do. :)  This is exciting.  There hasn't been a sneeze in a long time, especially from someone we all enjoy. 
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #144 on: 2016-10-16 11:42:07 »

I sense a smidge of excitement over yesterdays episode.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #145 on: 2016-10-16 12:23:16 »

It was a good episode.  I would give it a 7/10.  I really liked the sneeze conversation. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #146 on: 2016-10-16 12:35:29 »

Everyone talking about the freaking sneeze but no one talking about the really adorable pinkish pony Angel Wings? She is absolutely adorable. (Watching the episode right now).

Oh wait just got to the sneeze. Huh, I was lead to believe the convo was a lot longer.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-16 12:36:44 by Ԁ˥ » Logged

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #147 on: 2016-10-16 13:01:34 »

Why didn't they kiss at the end?

I figured out why I wasn't a big fan of the sneeze. I can't stand Vapor's voice. She's a nice character and I like her hair, to an extent, it's very pretty but too stick outy. But yeah, her voice is incredibly grating. Any character with those types of strained, crackly voices really grind me the wrong way. Just. Ew. Why couldn't she have a cute voice like Angel Wings. Also... Angels confirmed in MLP. Religion confirmed in MLP?

Sky was er... Oh my gosh. He was uh. He was an attractively designed male, I'll say that. But ugh, that jerk jock behavior, I know it's part of his character but damn was he annoying at times. I know he's supposed to be, so I'm okay with it. Also, he is the most adorable little colt I've ever seen. White Trash is apparently confirmed in MLP. while his jockey behavior I understood I couldn't get over how much he just put down Vapor nearly all the time. Like, dude, she's your friend since you were a little nobody. Treat her better. And then he has those "oh I care about her moments" but then shits all over her. I still liked him though, he was a pretty cool character.

Dash in this episode... What a complete rarity. I didn't hate her. She was actually really nice in this episode, this is who Dash is. This writer, I like him. He can write a good Rainbow Dash. Has that bravado but isn't a complete fcking tool about it. Has her semi jerky moment but is actually a kind and caring pony. She does care about others, she is not an asshole. Rainbow Dash shouldn't ever be written that way because it's not who she is.

This is why this season has laregely been a disappointment to me. Along with bad characterization of other characters. But this writer, this guy. He got it right. Humor was of the nice subtle variety, characters were in character and the new ones were actually pretty fleshed out for one shot characters. Just... The voices man. I couldn't stand them.

The lesson. I loved it. There is the two sides argument to it and I loved how they showed both sides. And the fallout of them. Because yes, if you go with either there will be some fallout. I feel it's also kind of relevant with today's society. We don't want to hurt people's feelings so we just tell them they're good or enable them, but it doesn't help them. It's why I'm a critic, it's why my friends are critics and honest with each other. Because blind praise is useless. If you tell me I'm perfect I will never improve. Plus, praise given by people who you know don't give it out easily or whole heartedly all the time is a hell of a lot more fulfilling than praise from someone who is just a yes man.

Anyway, I feel I've talked long enough. Episode gets a... 8.5/10. Not quite a 9 for me. Again... Just ugh, Vapor's voice.

Oh, and the two new ponies contrails. Oh my gosh, they were pretty cool. They're the only ones besides Rainbow and Lightning to have them, so they must be really good fliers. Which the episode shows us.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-16 13:05:32 by Ԁ˥ » Logged

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #148 on: 2016-10-16 16:58:11 »

That is a way higher score then I was expecting from you.  Good details you mentioned.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #149 on: 2016-10-16 17:29:58 »

I like hearing myself talk.

And I felt this episode deserved more talking points than just a 1 second sneeze ;)
But hey, I'll be the first to say if an episode is actually objectively good. I wasn't expecting great things, but it surprised me in the, not like "mind blown!" way, but it made me go "huh, that wasn't that bad" way. But yeah, it was a nice episode. New writers, take notes. This is how you write for Rainbow Dash.

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Top Bolt" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024