PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics 0 Members and 25 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: US News & Politics  (Read 542514 times)
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2415 on: 2020-11-08 16:32:32 »

China is currently expected to achieve both its 2020 and 2030 emissions goals. the US cannot say the same.

Because the US has different standards and goals than China.  The US has seen emission and pollution decreases across the board and led the century with new pollution goals that the world has embraced.  And you are flat out wrong.  US can say the same.  We are meeting federal pollution decrease goals as well as several states meeting goals that exceed the federal goals.  At least 23 states have tougher standards and all seem to be on track of meeting their goals.  As well, the US is roughly on target with international goals it helped implement.  Most other country's are not meeting those goals that are part of the Paris Climate Accord.

You had also mentioned that China is the biggest investor in renewable energy.  That is true and good, but they are also still the largest user of coal and smog producing energy plants.

Here is also a particulate map showing the most polluted countries. The US and Canada have less PM2.5 than most all of Europe and other developed nations.  Not to mention you can see the pollution emitted by others such as China, India, even Mexico.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-08 16:42:29 by Rainberry » Logged

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2416 on: 2020-11-08 17:07:18 »

Biden President-Elect.  Trump Administration To Look Into Voting Irregularities.

Outside the White House, the Site of Anti-Trump Protests Hosts a Celebration.

Thousands take to streets of U.S. in celebration of Biden victory.

There Are 353 U.S. Counties in 29 States With Voter Registration Rates Exceeding 100%...

Nearly All Election Statistical Irregularities Boosted Biden.

Sidney Powell claims there are at least 450,000 ballots that voted only for Biden, left the rest blank.

Two Statistical Curiosities That Allowed Biden To Pull Ahead In Pennsylvania.

Fight for Senate control awaits in Georgia after Biden's win.

James Clyburn (D-SC) lashed out at Leftists blaming “defund the police” rhetoric for costing Democrats races in the Senate and House.

Biden's first move as president-elect? Mask mandate for all.

Biden plans executive actions that would undo Trump's policies.

World leaders congratulate Joe Biden on his victory.

Gen Z's first-time voters celebrate Biden's election but vow to hold him accountable.

The Accomplishments & Blunders Of The Trump Administration.

The US has hit the highest daily number of new cases since the pandemic began, deaths down significantly.

Oregon Activates National Guard Amid ‘Widespread Violence’, 11 Arrested In Portland As Police Declare Riots...

Via
Rookie

secret-keeper

Email
« Reply #2417 on: 2020-11-08 17:32:35 »

China is currently expected to achieve both its 2020 and 2030 emissions goals. the US cannot say the same.

Because the US has different standards and goals than China.  The US has seen emission and pollution decreases across the board and led the century with new pollution goals that the world has embraced.  And you are flat out wrong.  US can say the same.  We are meeting federal pollution decrease goals as well as several states meeting goals that exceed the federal goals.  At least 23 states have tougher standards and all seem to be on track of meeting their goals.  As well, the US is roughly on target with international goals it helped implement.  Most other country's are not meeting those goals that are part of the Paris Climate Accord.

You had also mentioned that China is the biggest investor in renewable energy.  That is true and good, but they are also still the largest user of coal and smog producing energy plants.

Here is also a particulate map showing the most polluted countries. The US and Canada have less PM2.5 than most all of Europe and other developed nations.  Not to mention you can see the pollution emitted by others such as China, India, even Mexico.

these are all very fair points, thank you for correcting me! I wasn't aware the disparity in particulate PPM was still that great between the US and China, but that's fairly troubling, for sure. I guess the data on renewables gave me a rosier view of their 5-Year-Plan initiative than is actually reflected in the data, which was my mistake.

That being said, I still think long-term aggressive investiture in renewables is the way to go, as is a carbon tax and stricter emissions regulations—and I also still think the original excuse of "oh, well other countries are doing worse so we shouldn't try at all" is very silly. Climate action isn't a zero sum game, after all—as one of the world's premiere economic powers, I think the best thing we can do is lead by progressive, enthusiastic example, and show other countries they need to follow suit. after all, even the source you linked lists our own consumption and emissions output as "Critically Insufficient" for climate targets, as opposed to China's "Highly Insufficient"
« Last Edit: 2020-11-08 17:35:03 by Via » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #2418 on: 2020-12-07 15:43:47 »

County tests vote tabulators: Equal number of votes yielded 26% ‘lead’ for Joe Biden...

Corruption And Rule Violating In Georgia Elections.

Thousands of Pre-Made Ballots Shipped From New York To Pennsylvania?

Security Video Captures Georgia Ballot Stuffing When Everyone Is Told To Leave...

Sidney Powell sues Arizona officials over Dominion software, alleges 412,000 illegal ballots.

Detroit Poll Watcher Logged “Tens of Thousands” of Biden-Only Ballots Delivered in Weird Way...

Lawsuit Claims 40,000-Plus Fraudulent Ballots Pumped Through Detroit For Joe Biden.

Michigan judge allows investigation into 22 Dominion voting machines.

6 States Where Mail-In Ballots Cost Trump the Election...

Trump compares 2020 US election to 'third world nation'.

President Trump Holding Rallies In Georgia.

Congress Reportedly Closing in on Coronavirus Relief Bill.

Former Presidential Candidate Pitches $1,500 Check for Those Who Take Coronavirus Vaccine...

Winter Covid surge is the ‘worst event that this country will face,’ White House health advisor Birx says.

FDA to Hold Emergency Use Authorization Hearings for Pfizer and Moderna Vaccines.

Pres. Trump to sign coronavirus vaccine executive order prioritizing Americans over foreign nations.

As US, Allies Rally Around Vaccine Effort, China's Own Ally Tries Sabotaging It.

Biden unveils health team that will lead pandemic response.

Biden to name his defense secretary choice on Friday.

Top Biden COVID adviser said fighting police brutality was more important than fighting pandemic just months ago...

Antifa activists suspected of attacking GOP club in New York...

President Approval at 48%.

MSNBC is getting a new president, the first Black person to run a major cable news network.

Jeffrey Toobin masturbation scandal: CNN silent despite hiring alleged witness...

Project Veritas Records 2 Months of CNN Morning Meetings And Releases Audio of CNN Pres. Promoting Fakes News, Caling Others Racists, Promoting Leftist Agenda, Attacking FOX News Anchors... Cements CNN's Media Bias.

Pearl Harbor 79 Years Ago.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #2419 on: 2020-12-08 06:45:47 »

Jeffrey Toobin masturbation scandal...

So, if I understand #MeToo and "equal time", then, to be fair, we should get some gal caught spanking one off on a Zoom call.  I mean, fair's only fair, right?   :nervoussmile:

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2420 on: 2020-12-08 15:37:13 »

The ballot mess is horrible.  Considering how much corruption has been found, and how few judges want to hear these cases is ridiculous.

I know corruption has been going on since the beginning of voting, but we live in an age where if we find it, we should STOP it.  Dems were crying foul and telling people to worry about false votes.  Then when the false votes and corruption is being dug up, they want nothing to do with it and say the election was legit.

Same with the vaccine.  The Dems were saying don't trust a vaccine that comes from the Trump Admin (even though its medical companies making it), but now the Dems are shocked when they do polls and realize large percentages of the population don't want to take the vaccine.  Some of the very people they scared away. 

Democrats are so hypocritical.  :(

Keep finding that corruption Republican's, since you're the only one who cared from the very beginning and warned of this situation and actually meant it.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-08 15:37:23 by Rainberry » Logged

megacycle

Email
« Reply #2421 on: 2020-12-09 12:07:20 »

I don't care about who won... I just want to know if it is legitimate win, that's it. I just want transparency.

Regardless of the outcome I am still proud to be an American... unlike a lot of people I know in the furry community, people who were proud while Obama was in office and ashamed when Trump was put in office, now they're proud again because the racist is out... while completely ignoring the fact that Biden is racist. I guess they'll go back to being ashamed when the next candidate that they don't like is possibly elected.

To those that are fighting the good fight, keep fighting.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-09 12:07:52 by megacycle » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2422 on: 2020-12-24 16:20:57 »

The President and First Lady's Christmas message for 2020.

President-Elect Joe Biden also gave a Christmas speech, but it had a much more negative tone.  He said things 2021 will be "much worse as the darkest days are ahead," in terms of the virus and he said things will get "much worse before they get better."

« Last Edit: 2020-12-24 16:26:27 by Silverwing » Logged
megacycle

Email
« Reply #2423 on: 2020-12-24 22:51:40 »

Yes... just what I need to hear, more negativity.

A vaccine has been made for the horrible pandemic, but things will get tougher... I like how they cut away from the speech to fill in the blank spaces, to create more fear and uncertainty. Yes, things will get worse if you continue to lockdown our country... these partial lockdowns are effecting me and my family. My mother needs back surgery, but because of our governor and his new guidelines she cannot receive her surgery, now she is stuck dealing with the pain. She's seen two doctors and both have said the same thing... if she doesn't have this surgery she could lose the use of her legs, and the longer she has to wait the more likely it will happen. Here's the kicker, she has met her deductible for the year due to the problems she had with her pancreas/pancreatitis, but with this delay she will have to pay it in full again. All of this bullshit has left me feeling rather angry and depressed. (I'm sorry for the off topic rant and the swearing, I'm just not having a very Merry Christmas this year.)

Here's a dumb question to the media outlets, why couldn't we just here it straight from the horse's mouth? Why do we need to keep cutting away from his speech to add more context to his speech?
kiku

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2424 on: 2020-12-25 01:55:41 »

@megacycle , I'm so sorry to hear about the serious problems you and your family have to deal with these days. I'm sending you all my best wishes for your mother and hope she will receive the surgery and treatment she needs very quickly. All my love to you and your family. You're in my prayers, and I'm sending you (if that's OK) a virtual hug.  <3

Avatar: Idea and drawing by Nemesis Prime
megacycle

Email
« Reply #2425 on: 2020-12-25 13:29:51 »

It's fine... I'm just frustrated with all of this mess, and what they consider elective surgery. Abortion is not considered an elective surgery but my mother's back surgery is an elective surgery. Having a baby isn't going to kill you... But whatever. It's for the well being of the patient... but my mother's well being means nothing. She gets to deal with the pain for who knows how long, months most likely. Praying that she doesn't sever a nerve and lose her legs.

My aunt told me that a customer told her that her grandmother broke her neck, and her surgery got postponed. So an elderly woman has to live with a broken neck for months because it's an elective surgery. Because most people would choose to live with a broken neck or a broken back.

So yeah... I feel like I have a right to be angry, but I'm sure some people would disagree. I guess we have to make the best of it. I'm trying to have as Merry of a Christmas as I can with my family.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-25 13:39:28 by megacycle » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2426 on: 2020-12-26 21:28:28 »

It is difficult times for sure and it is amazing to me how so few do anything as they watch their country be taken away or let China get away with the virus...

But as of now, the Trump Administrations, "Operation Warp Speed" was a huge success.  The media and pundit, as well as the "expert doctors" all said it would be impossible to have a vaccine ready by the end of the year.  Well it happened and it is being distributed throughout the country (and world) thanks to the Trump Adminstration's coordinated efforts, and no thanks to political squabbling and the media.  The lockdowns are only hurting the small businesses and millions of workers.  The economy was growing fast again, until the Gov's of California and New York shut everything down again.  They are purposely putting politics before country.  So you, I, and everyone else, has every right to be angry at the politics involved @megacycle .

Thoughts and prayers.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2427 on: 2021-01-06 15:07:24 »

Democrats have cheated and stolen now two elections in three months time.  Republicans lead going into the evening, everyone was saying the Dems wouldn't have enough votes to win with 97% of the vote in...

Next morning, Democrats win and have more votes that mysteriously show up overnight in Democrat counties.  Why are votes coming from other states in a Georgia election? 

Democrats have broken election integrity and destroyed the American system of Democracy.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2428 on: 2021-01-06 15:20:19 »

Democrats Take Over White House and Senate in Georgia Wins, No Stops To Their Control.

America's Collapse Begins...

Tens of Thousands of Pro-Trump members peacefully protest as others overrun Capitol, forcing evacuation.

President Trump Tells Supporters To Go Home In Peace, Acknowledges Election Corruption.

Pro-Trump Patriots Swarm Capitol Building.

Group of Trump supporters enter Capitol building, storm House, Senate.

Trump supporters storm Capitol, lawmakers flee.

Pelosi's office vandalized after pro-Trump rioters storm Capitol.

Biggest Horse-Race Fixer of All Time Says Democrats Stole Election. Here's How...

Surprising percentage of Democrats think their party stole 2020 election.

“I’m Ready to Come Home” – Rep. Vernon Jones Leaves Democrat Party.

CNN Admits They Work for the Democrat Party: “We Won” in Georgia...

DC in Curfew.

VP. Pence will not block certification of Electoral College vote.

Explosive device found at Republican National Convention Building...

Pelosi Appoints AOC, Other 'Squad' Members to Powerful Oversight Committee; Leftists Promptly Reveal Radical Agenda...
« Last Edit: 2021-01-06 15:20:41 by Silverwing » Logged
Zee
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2429 on: 2021-01-06 15:26:50 »

Disappointed, but wholly unsurprised to see you complaining yet again about a fairly achieved Democrat victory when there is an ACTUAL, REAL LIFE COUP HAPPENING ALL DAY, and your "dear leader" does what? Tells the rioters he loves them, and then goes back to burying his head in the sand instead of de-escalate the situation in any capacity!? Classy, indeed!

Give me a fucking break, you bunch of bootlickers.
Pages: < 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024