PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cliffside Animated Series 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cliffside Animated Series  (Read 3647 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2019-01-26 22:16:45 »

CLIFFSIDE

Cliffside is an animated cartoon looking for a network.  The pilot was released on May 2018.  Of course to be an actual show it will need some better FLASH work, and maybe some voice work, but it already has a lot going for it. Animation wise, it has a lot of good things, but they need to hide the FLASH better and do some more angles with the characters.  Oh the characters.... They certainly have some interesting ones and some cutesy ones in the females. :)  They're premise of a wild west town surrounded by monsters with the unique designs they came up with such as in the spider girl and the death monster shows they have potential.  They're soundtrack, which has also been released is very well done.

As of now it is the right mix of dark humor with some charm.

The main characters are...
Waylon
Cordie
Jo

So let's keep an eye on this series and it's creator (Liam Vickers) and maybe they will get some attention by a network and be picked up... or maybe they will continue to work on content online.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Deviant Art

« Last Edit: 2019-01-26 22:40:18 by MasterXtreme » Logged
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2019-01-27 08:37:15 »

I love the scenery of this show! You showed really nice pictures of it =) The character designs have a great range of expressions
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2019-01-27 14:14:10 »

Cordie is surprisingly cute for an insane spider lady thing. 

Yeah, it's good!  But the issues you pointed out need to be worked on. The animation of the characters themselves need to be worked on. The plot is interesting and sounds fun. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2019-01-27 18:46:10 »

I really like Cordie's design as well as the other girl... Jo? 

This was actually pretty good.  I hate comparing it to other things, but I thought of Gravity Falls and Star vs. The Forces of Evil. 
TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2019-01-27 23:01:02 »

If they could improve the character animations I would be okay with this!  Right now it looks like the non character animations are great, but the character animations are holding it back.  I would also say the characters, while some look great, Waylon and Jo are too generic looking.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2019-12-22 18:22:12 »

This was such a cute pilot.  It could use some work for sure, as it can be limited with it's rigging, but the characters are rather cute, if not a bit too generic.

Wish we heard some more about this series on what has happened since release.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2020-11-09 22:24:08 »

An update plus some other stuff.

Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2020-12-07 23:25:59 »

The standout character design is Cordie.  One could argue Waylon and Jo are far more average.  But I still enjoy them.  I think the idea is fun and I know it was a lot of work for a small crew.  Over time, the stiff-ness would hopefully be gone with more staff and better animation tools.  But for a pilot thing, as a team, they should be very proud of what they did.  Good music, nice scenery and visual effects.  They did great!
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2021-02-12 14:27:59 »

The animation is reminiscent of Gravity Falls, but with a western flavor.

I don't know... could be great, or could be another Calamity Jane (another western-themed cartoon with strong writing, memorable characters, and nice visuals I liked, but that ultimately flopped).
« Last Edit: 2021-02-13 09:53:02 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2021-02-12 14:29:19 »

I don't think Western's are popular much anymore which is too bad.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2022-12-07 00:16:52 »

Cliffside creator, Liam Vickers, is now creating a new show online show called Murder Drones and it has a fairly high production value for a Youtube-only series.  The first episode launched and grabbed 12 million views and the second episode released about two weeks ago and is drawing in views.  I haven't watched it yet, but figured I would update you all.  You can certainly see Vicker's influence in the character designs based on how he did Cliffside.

Yeah I realize we're kinda slow to update this.  lol.
« Last Edit: 2022-12-07 00:21:14 by Anyponedrawn » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cliffside Animated Series « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024