PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Would hated Reboots, Remakes, and Spin Offs be less hated? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would hated Reboots, Remakes, and Spin Offs be less hated?  (Read 2540 times)
Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2021-07-21 22:55:16 »

Most reboots just try to live up to their predecessor and therefore aren't really original anymore.  Just trying to recapture faded glory from the past.  They rarely amount to much or being as good.  So on their own, I would say no. They are not usually as good.
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2021-07-22 07:22:27 »

Based on from what I mentioned before, some reboots and spin offs are being hated just because of new characters in place of previous characters. But when viewing the reboots and spin offs on their own while ignoring the previous characters that were departed in the reboot/spin off and/or (depending if the previous characters are still here) viewing the new characters as full on original selves. Would that make the reboot/spin off along with the new characters less hated or still hated?
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2021-07-22 16:54:45 »

I have an example of a good reboot so far.  iCarly's 2021 reboot has been very enjoyable and good, despite new characters.  I swear that Jerry Trainor doesn't age. The man is 44 and still acts like a nutty young adult. ;D
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Would hated Reboots, Remakes, and Spin Offs be less hated? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024