PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  Community  >  Site News & Feedback  >  Topic: Bugs & Feature Requests 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 45 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bugs & Feature Requests  (Read 206107 times)
yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« on: 2016-01-25 01:09:04 »

Please report here any bugs encountered on the forum!

In particular, the current forum theme / skin was designed for a somewhat older version of the forum software.  While I think I've squashed the major bugs, there's likely many little ones lurking about.

Also accepting feature requests, primarily of the small, theme-tweaking variety.  However, log all requests here, and if I'm aware off the top of my head of an easy way to fulfill a request, and Darrin & Smiles think it's a good idea, we'll look into doing it.

EDIT: Grammar
« Last Edit: 2016-01-25 02:30:46 by yasl » Logged
Furry-Sneezes
Rookie

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-25 01:29:28 »

Ah, that explains some of it.

I'm seeing contrast issues in multiple places. Black on dark, white on light, text entry boxes with the same background color as the surrounding block, and a possible need for a border on multiple elements like the division between user info and post content. <--- | --->

And as I said in the other place, quick reply doesn't seem to work.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-25 10:37:11 »

I also can not get quick reply to work.

Would it be easier in the long run if we had a new theme instead of always trying to patch up the old one? 
yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-25 14:39:48 »

Eeh, that's an open question.  I'm certainly going to be more effective at patching up a broken theme that looks roughly how you want, than trying to visually redesign a theme that's otherwise working well.

Keep searching for SMF themes that you like the look of; this time round I should be able to let you know whether they were designed with SMF 2.0.x in mind before installation ;)
Furry-Sneezes
Rookie

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-25 15:02:45 »

As I previously suggested, a paid theme may be a smart move, though I got one of the free themes by a paid theme company. http://demo.dzinerstudio.com/ If you use the 2.0 dropdown you can demo a wide range of themes, and they should all fully support 2.0.11 -- Premium means you'll have to pay a little bit of money for it, but if it's truly what you want, then at least you won't end up in the pitfall of not being able to try before you buy like I did. And remember that basic style things like the width of the page can be edited easily enough. Graphics are a much tougher matter, but some can be pieced together with some basic image editing.

Edit: "Express" looks semi-close to this current theme and could likely be tweaked fairly easily to be something you want. I also liked "Chalk" but I forsee a lot of customization issues with that theme in spite of it being an attractive default look.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-25 15:11:59 by Furry-Sneezes » Logged
yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-25 15:40:33 »

Quick reply toggle is still broken, but for now I've made it visible by default.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-25 15:45:43 »

Quick reply now works.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-01-25 21:45:50 »

I don't know if this is a bug so it might just be me, but I was wondering what causes this... http://oi66.tinypic.com/w1tvty.jpg

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-01-25 22:45:58 »

I don't know if this is a bug so it might just be me, but I was wondering what causes this... http://oi66.tinypic.com/w1tvty.jpg

That is weird.  I don't see that.  Browser maybe? 
yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-01-26 03:13:24 »

Oh my!  Those are meant to be english words.  They're in  a different font from the rest of the site, so that may be the culprit.

Can you let me know the name and version of your:

- Web Browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE/Edge, etc)
- Operating System (Windows Vista/7/8/10, OS X, *nix, etc)
Ari-Dynamic

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-01-26 03:31:26 »

I'm using Firefox, latest version; Windows 7. :)

yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-01-26 03:50:05 »

Perplexing indeed!

Right-click one of the garbled links and click "Inspect Element".  A new pane should open at the bottom of the screen; on the right should be a block of CSS code along the lines of:

Code: [Select]
td.topnavtxt a {
    display: block;
    float: left;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0 0.5em;
    font-family: ‘Palatino Linotype’,‘Book Antiqua’,Palatino,serif;

Hover over "font-family: ..." to reveal a little black checkmark to its left.  Uncheck it.

The text should alter shape; does it also become legible?
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-01-26 13:14:49 »

(Repost cuz Darrin made me do it :P)

I got another suggestion, don't know if it's just me that is a bit put off by this, but

Is all that stuff really necessary up there? I mean, if I get a PM, don't I get a little "1" that pops up above the profile tab?
Total time logged in is kinda cool, but wouldn't that be better suited in your profile info, to see when you want to see it? Rather than all the time?
The last two are pretty cool, I recall PSF 1 had a small side tab called Participation or something that showed you if any posts you replied in had new messages, so that's pretty cool.

And then there's those little drop down folders, aesthetically speaking the page would look better without them there. It just kinda, clutters up the page with something that isn't necessary to be there. I mean, maybe if it showed up like, horizontally instead of vertically and took up less room it would be alright, but for some reason, them being vertical like that... I don't know, it just doesn't look nice to me.

I hope I'm not coming off as a whiny bitch, I really do appreciate everything you 3 have done to make the site what it is. Just kinda, uh, throwing in my 2 cents. I hope I didn't come off as rude...

yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-01-26 15:17:44 »

I got another suggestion, don't know if it's just me that is a bit put off by this, but...
<snip>
I hope I didn't come off as rude...

Not at all rude!  Don't sweat it, I'm not very highly strung ;)

Those are just theme defaults anyway.  I agree that the tree structure is antiquated.  If Darrin/Smiles agree, I'll see about converting that to a flat list.  And ditching the time logged in.

The "Hey, <username>" bit serves to quickly flag that you're logged in, so that needs to stay imo.  Given that line's already there, I'm personally split on whether the personal messages bit should stay or go, and would welcome more feedback.
Ari-Dynamic

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-01-26 18:14:12 »

I'll try it out now and see if it works. :3 My apologies for the late reply, had to take our pet cat to the vet. ^^

Edit: It worked, thank you so much! :3 The only downside is that they can't be saved unless (from what I found out on another website), I'd have to write my own CSS or whatever for it. :(
« Last Edit: 2016-01-26 18:23:38 by patripony » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 45 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  Community  >  Site News & Feedback  >  Topic: Bugs & Feature Requests « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024