PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion  (Read 67800 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #120 on: 2018-07-27 13:05:41 »

ComicCon had the release of the new INVADER ZIM television movie trailer.  Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus.

It wasn't that good of a trailer in my mind. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #121 on: 2018-07-27 13:55:59 »

That was just animation clips with music.  Very underwhelming trailer.  But the animation looks pretty good.  Is that FLASH though they are using? 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #122 on: 2018-08-05 18:30:28 »

I found this out by accident when talking about the animations studios Klasky Csupo in another topic ... but Rugrats is being revived by the same studio and Nickelodeon!  Wow!  SOURCE

I don't know what to think about this.  The show had it's run, and by the end it started to decline.  But it was Nick's most popular show before Spongebob and was a cultural hit.  Seems like since no one can come up with original ideas, reboots is all the craze.  Are we in the gilded age of television now? :-\

------------------------

"Nickelodeon and Paramount Pictures announced today a relaunch of the kids’ entertainment franchise “Rugrats.” A new animated-series revival featuring the characters from the ’90s cartoon has received with a 26-episode order from Nickelodeon.

The show’s original creators Arlene Klasky, Gábor Csupó and Paul Germain will return to the TV series as executive producers. Nickelodeon’s “Rugrats” will be produced in Burbank, Calif., with production already underway. Additional news of the TV series, airdate and casting will be announced in the coming months.

“Rugrats is hands-down one of the most celebrated cartoons in TV history, and we are thrilled for a whole new audience to meet these iconic characters in brand-new adventures,” said Sarah Levy, COO of Viacom Media Networks and interim president of Nickelodeon. “What was true in 1991 when the original show premiered is still true today: kids are fascinated with the world of babies. We can’t wait for today’s kids to meet Tommy, Chuckie and pals."

The “Rugrats” movie will be written by David Goodman and is set to be released on Nov. 13, 2020 by Paramount Players, the division of Paramount Pictures that develops and produces co-branded feature films with Viacom’s leading media networks.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #123 on: 2018-08-05 19:44:48 »

So they're "all growed down" again?  And with the passing of Chuckie's voice actress, will Candi Milo once again step into the role, or will they go in a new direction with a different cast?

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #124 on: 2018-08-05 22:32:08 »

They will be babies it looks like based on the press release.  But they didn't give much info.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #125 on: 2018-08-06 10:57:53 »

Come to think of it, both actors who have voiced Grampa Lou Pickles have also passed on.

If reboots are going to be the big new craze, I think a more obscure property might be in order. I think with better animation and the right cast a new Cool McCool series could work. But as Cool himself might say,  "That'll never happen again."

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #126 on: 2018-08-06 14:52:34 »

.  Are we in the gilded age of television now?

I believe this more then anything said.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #127 on: 2018-11-27 12:30:17 »

'SpongeBob SquarePants' creator Stephen Hillenburg's Passes Away at 57, Had career spanning cartoons, marine biology...
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #128 on: 2018-11-28 10:04:25 »

Awww. That's too bad. That show was part of my childhood. He was so young still too.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #129 on: 2018-11-28 13:52:48 »

I know.  Only 57.  :(  That's really sad. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #130 on: 2018-12-02 13:56:52 »

That is too bad. :(  Hope his family will be okay.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #131 on: 2019-03-23 15:25:50 »

Nickelodeon has one of the biggest rip off shows I can see to date.  And it isn't evening mimicking a good show!!! What gives?

RAINBOW BUTTERFLY UNICORN KITTY is a new cartoon on Nickelodeon and Nicktoons.  Guess who they are trying to copy?  Yep, Unikitty on Cartoon Network.  Can this get any more cringe worthy?

Let me take it even deeper here.

Felicity is the main star.  She's a cat... unicorn cat!  She has magical powers and runs a kingdom.  Seem familiar?  Oh, it's exactly the same as Unikitty.

Next, she has a male dog friend/bro thing. He's blue... he's a dog, he's chill.  His name is Miguel (ya know, for diversity or something).  Huh, sounds exactly like another show...

They have a book smart friend named Athena.  She's a scientist and is super smart and has a monotone voice.  Oh weird, she sounds exactly like a mix of two characters from another show... WEIRD.

This is blatant ripoff material worthy of law suit if you ask me.  There is some MLP ripping off here too. Plus the characters are downright ugly.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-23 15:27:21 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #132 on: 2019-04-15 08:37:58 »

Yes can't wait till invader zim inter the florpus sounds like a Rick and morty title but still very excited
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #133 on: 2019-04-15 13:55:04 »

To my knowledge, the new Invader Zim will just be a single "television movie event" and not a full series.
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #134 on: 2019-04-15 15:25:41 »

Yeh I know I think a tv movie is better then a series I'm just scared this is gonna be the ending to invader zim I don't know if I want to say goodbye to it one of my favourite cartoons ever but maybe this is for the best
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024