PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion  (Read 75937 times)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #60 on: 2016-11-21 01:25:48 »

I remember Toonheads.  It had some female voice over and I remember like a wooden box and hay, television static.  I am vaguely remembering this. 
« Last Edit: 2016-11-21 01:26:33 by Wolfwood » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #61 on: 2016-11-22 13:34:06 »

Cartoon Network's latest Thursday ratings are pretty good for the network, all million plus except Regular Show.

Clarence: 1,084,000 (0.23)
Teen Titans Go!: 1,299,000 (0.25)
Mighty Magiswords: 1,101,000 (0.22)
We Bare Bears: 1,048,000 (0.21)
The Amazing World of Gumball: 1,097,000 (0.25)
Steven Universe: 1,385,000 (0.32)
Regular Show: 992,000 (0.23)

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #62 on: 2016-11-22 14:52:40 »

Good for them.  Though I would be worried that they are all almost not a million. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #63 on: 2016-12-26 00:54:22 »

New show under consideration for a full series by Cartoon Network.

Called, "Infinity Train."

Lets hear your thoughts.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #64 on: 2016-12-26 01:21:05 »

Oh wow, that clip has been out a looooooooooooooooong time. (Like a month or so, but that's a year).

It seems from it we won't see te corgi's again, which makes me sad. I thought it looked like a really promising show. Hope it gets its show.

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: 2016-12-26 01:24:09 »

I remember when Cartoon Network came to Sweden.
I was in elementary school at the time, I couldn't wait to get home to watch that channel for HOURS, such amazing shows they had.
Both from the 80s and 90s.
Shows like:

Swat Katz
Gundam Wing
Galtaar
Centurions
Jonny Quest
All the Hannah barbera shows and Loony Toons.
Wildfire
Space Ghost
Captain Planet *I liked the show sue me XD*
The Mask!
Godzilla

I was sitting there fueling up my inspiration, I wanted to draw like that! So I was sitting there watching the channel with a pile of papers and pencils infront of me drawing what I saw.
It was great :D
Now when I look at CN it's like "What happened?"

*Lets out a nostalgic sigh*

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #66 on: 2016-12-26 01:29:40 »

I don't know half of the ones you listed lol XD maybe all of them haha. I've only watched Looney Tunes and Hannah Barbera.

Cartoon Network out of the cartoon networks out there is doing alright now. It's got Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, and other nice shows. It's got crap too, but I'm sure back then there was crap too.

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: 2016-12-26 01:45:54 »

Time to educate people!
I'll list all the intros to the shows :D

Swat Katz

Gundam Wing

Galtar

Centurions

Jonny Quest

Wildfire

Space Ghost

Captain Planet

The Mask

Godzilla

*Wags tails watching these*

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #68 on: 2016-12-26 01:51:12 »

Ah, I forgot to mention Captain Planet, I do know that show. And Gundum I know, my friends obsessed with them. I'm sure other members know these shows. But then again, from what I've observed, the majority of older memebers here are mid to late 20's.

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: 2016-12-26 01:58:46 »

Ah, I forgot to mention Captain Planet, I do know that show. And Gundum I know, my friends obsessed with them. I'm sure other members know these shows. But then again, from what I've observed, the majority of older memebers here are mid to late 20's.

These are just a small portion of shows they had back then, I remember when Dexter's Laboratory was first aired in the late 90s.
Personally I prefer the older shows, the new stuff lacks detail, even when they rebooted some shows you could tell they didn't pay attention to details.
Like backgrounds would be sketchy and the colors would be out of line and somethings weren't colored at all, just some lines thrown here and there x.x

This is why I prefer anime over western animated shows nowadays

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #70 on: 2016-12-26 08:21:09 »

I know all the old Cartoon Cartoons. And really, some old cartoons were kinda... Cheap. You know. Animation was more expensive back then and all, had to cut corners somewhere lol. Though some didn't.

as for details, eh? Steven Universe. It does have that soft pastelly backgrounds, but it does pay very close attention to detail. Some things in the background or that they never mention at first are actually really important and relevant later on

I don't know which show you're talking about with backgrounds like that. But I do know some shows color outside the lines as a stylistic thing. As for reboots. No one likes those. They're near universally hated.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #71 on: 2016-12-26 12:56:27 »

I remember everyone of those shows except for Wildfire.  Never heard of that one.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: 2016-12-26 14:47:56 »

I remember everyone of those shows except for Wildfire.  Never heard of that one.

It was really nice!

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #73 on: 2016-12-27 16:15:32 »

Captain Planet!  He's our hero!  He's gonna take pollution down to zero!

All those shows, man!  Memory lane. 
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #74 on: 2016-12-27 18:21:49 »

Captain Planet!  He's our hero!  He's gonna take pollution down to zero!

All those shows, man!  Memory lane.

Right?!

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024