PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion  (Read 21381 times)
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #60 on: 2020-06-04 20:29:21 »

I can move this discussion over if you all wish.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #61 on: 2020-06-05 15:21:10 »

WOW.  Who is this character from the new Scoob! movie?

I want fannart of her.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: 2020-06-05 15:26:22 »

She's the female version of every other cop or authority figure that appeared in every town the gang visited in the classic Scooby-Doo cartoon. Seriously, I think they were all related, because Don Messick voiced them all using his Ranger Smith voice. 

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #63 on: 2020-06-05 15:34:37 »

^ Interesting. 

Well, I can certainly say that the CHP would never have such form fitting a uniform, but nonetheless, I love it.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #64 on: 2020-06-06 13:04:15 »

Of course you would. ;D  Lol.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #65 on: 2020-06-07 15:48:14 »

'We’re not doing guns': Elmer Fudd stripped of rifle in Looney Tunes reboot, plus many other politically correct changes...

HBO Max premiered the remake of Looney Tunes Cartoons last week, and the executive producer told the New York Times that weapons such as dynamite and other “Acme stuff” will be used in the series but not guns.

“We’re not doing guns,” Peter Browngardt said. “But we can do cartoony violence — TNT, the Acme stuff. All that was kind of grandfathered in.”

Character Yosemite Sam will also not be using guns as weapons, according to outlet Comic Book.

Instead of a gun, Fudd uses a scythe to try to catch his nemesis, Bugs Bunny. The series will feature 200 new episodes starring fan favorites such as Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, and Sylvester the Cat.

“We’re going through this wave of anti-bullying, everybody needs to be friends, everybody needs to get along,” he said. “Looney Toons is pretty much the antithesis of that. It’s two characters in conflict, sometimes getting pretty violent.”

The move comes as other classic shows and movies have been altered to fit with the current times, including Cinderella. A forthcoming reboot of the classic fairy tale will include a genderless Fairy Godmother.

Actor and singer Billy Porter, who is noted for his “gender fluidity,” announced he would take the spotlight as the Fairy Godmother and called the move “really powerful.”

“Who I am and what I represent is very specific and really shows that this moment is about inclusivity and moving the needle towards self-acceptance and humanity and self-care and all those things,” Porter said.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #66 on: 2020-06-08 19:22:42 »

Wow... PC is going too far to appease everyone.  I mean... it has for a long time, but now they are taking away stuff no one even took offense too.  Appease a few, offend many.  And still, they keep the mutilating humor?  Uhhh... okay?  What did this accomplish?
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #67 on: 2020-06-09 20:52:29 »

Society is fucking itself up. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: 2020-06-11 06:48:18 »

Cripes. This is the same convoluted logic that drove the previous series-- they said the anvil was "cliche", eschewing it in favor of "modern heavy objects to cause pain" and tried to think up new foes for Bugs because Elmer Fudd "may not be 'the man' anymore". They ended up bringing both of them back.

I'd say running about waving a slingblade is even scarier than a gun.  I mean, who's he supposed to be, Karl Childers?
"I wike them fewnch-fwied potatoes, mm-hmmmmm..."
... No, wait, that might be considered insensitive towards the developmentally-disabled.  :')
« Last Edit: 2020-06-11 06:49:08 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #69 on: 2020-06-11 14:36:19 »

I'm not buying the politically correct changes.  It seems like they are pandering to a small subset of people who for some reason care about this stuff.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: 2020-06-14 09:39:22 »

Yeah... why not just take Fudd back to his roots and make him a simple man with a camera, looking to take nature photos?

I mean, he wasn't always a hunter in the classic era.  He held jobs like a conflict mediator and a surveyor for the railroad early in his storied career, and often he was just a mild-mannered fella being annoyed by tricky candles, caterwauling cats, and, yes, even wascawwy wabbits and darnfool ducks.

« Last Edit: 2020-06-14 09:39:55 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #71 on: 2020-06-14 12:51:17 »

^ I never knew that.  That's wildly cool.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: 2020-11-17 15:14:29 »

I cannot say I have high hopes.  The animation doesn't fit the world and honestly.... it barely seems an upgrade to a Saturday morning cartoon in terms of animation quality....

Weirdly done CGI isn't good CGI.  Also, real life mixed with cartoon never turn out well.

TOM & JERRY is coming to theaters in 2021.

« Last Edit: 2020-11-17 15:15:00 by Silverwing » Logged
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #73 on: 2020-11-17 23:12:09 »

Why?  WHY?  That looks like something you could get off a streaming service.  It looks so lazy and poorly done.  I would be EMBARASSED to put that in theaters.  My guess is it will be downgraded for just a streaming service release.  It looks that awful! It is so obvious they aren't connected to the world and nothing interacts with them right.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-17 23:12:59 by Soda » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #74 on: 2020-11-18 17:05:01 »

Oh come on, WB.  This is so half-baked.  :(  My gosh...

That aside, it will probably be a fine enough kids-movie that they will like.  But it won't reinvent the wheel.

This film does NOT need to be a theatrical release though.  It's going to release digitally via streaming. 
« Last Edit: 2020-11-18 17:12:02 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024